• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Sprite Discussion [from RBYG to XY]

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Ooh, this seems fun! I'll do Jigglypuff. =w=

Spr_1g_039.png
It looks like a creeper...
Spr_1b_039.png
HERP DERP
Spr_1y_039.png
Cute and creepy at the same time. c:
Spr_2g_039.png
Frowny face. :c
Spr_2s_039.png
...I like your sad face better. You're staring into my soul. >n<
Spr_2c_039.gif
Easily my favorite. Tsun tsun~
Spr_3r_039.png
Seems rather plain to me. :/
Spr_3e_039.gif
Better, but not nearly as good as Crystal.
Spr_3f_039.png
Also rather plain. Too similar to R/S
Spr_4d_039.png
I see you've gained some weight.
Spr_4h_039.png
Cute. But not as cute as this...

Pin039.gif
Pokemon Pinball sprite. So cuuuute~

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RBG Jigglypuff look like murderers. I agree, Crystal is the best. HGSS and DPPT look awkward though...especially DPPT. "HAI GUYZ IMUNNA COM PLAY WIT U LOL"

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
ahh back to this site.
can we add a list of sprite critiques to the OP, so we can see which ones have been done.

Oh yes, and im weird, because i LOVE HGSS Jolteon. Jolteon didnt really stand out before
(VERY generic eeveelution), but HGSS just looks cool, evil, menacing, threatening. and the animation is cool.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
can we add a list of sprite critiques to the OP, so we can see which ones have been done.

No? That'd be...pointless and annoying to keep up with, considering I'm the only one who can do it.

Oh yes, and im weird, because i LOVE HGSS Jolteon. Jolteon didnt really stand out before
(VERY generic eeveelution), but HGSS just looks cool, evil, menacing, threatening. and the animation is cool.

I like the 2nd frame, but eh. And it's okay to be weird. I love Green sprites because they're ~gorgeous~

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
For Me Jolteon does look very weird... in HGSS, the one where its kinda running is my favourite.
I'd be interested to see a Clefable comparison, but idk where to get sprites from :3

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
Years

I love the HGSS sprite of Jolteon as well and the animation of it is awesome. Also when you say it's a very generic eeveelution, so is Flareon. Flareon is just a raged Eevee with longer fur.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just posting to say the BW sprite discussion can now carry on in here, since BW has been released in Japan...and I assume sprites were leaked.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
Damnnnnnnnnnn!!!!
My two favorite pokemon Sceptile and Feraligatr look AMAZING!

Imdissapointed with B&W cause the pokemon look terrible butthe previous gens looks Amazing

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I looked at the sprites of the old Pokemon (still avoiding most of the new ones) and Umbreon looks the same as it did in HGSS. :/ Vaporeon looks a lot cuter, though. I'd post but ehh...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I looked at the B/W sprites and noticed that some of the Generation I-IV Pokemon's sprites were re-used (like Monferno's D/P sprite, Kirlia's R/S/E sprite, Magmar''s D/P sprite, Skarmory's HG/SS sprite and Scizor's Platinum sprite), with slight modifications. As for the Gen I-IV Pokemon sprites that were completely changed these are my favorites:
-Blaziken
-Sceptile
-Lucario
-Gallade
-Milotic
-Flygon
-Absol
-Salamence
-Weavile

As for the new Gen V Pokemon sprites I like:
-Doryuuzu
-Emboar
-Jaroda
-Daikenki
-Wargle
-Ononokusu
-Kirikizan
-Zoroark
-Reshiram
-Zekrom

Last edited:

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years
B/W starter sprites showdown:
I gen: (disclamer! they can actually be similiar to D/P/Pt/HG/SS ones)
Spoiler:

II gen:
Spoiler:

Err I will continue tomorrow, because dinner is ready:D

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Quilava is so adorable!!! :DDD I am so happy<3 That's probably my favorite Quilava sprite ever now. :) I cannot wait to see the animation. And Charizard's back sprite sure is amazing.

Also, Sage Harpuia, anything that gets *'d out is considered censor bypass. Please edit your post. Next time this happens, I'll have to infract you. Just because it's in a spoiler tag, it doesn't mean that it doesn't count.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years
Quilava is so adorable!!! :DDD I am so happy<3 That's probably my favorite Quilava sprite ever now. :) I cannot wait to see the animation. And Charizard's back sprite sure is amazing.

Also, Sage Harpuia, anything that gets *'d out is considered censor bypass. Please edit your post. Next time this happens, I'll have to infract you. Just because it's in a spoiler tag, it doesn't mean that it doesn't count.

I edited it, I put it without thinking (I should read my post befor submit them...:P)...Anyway I just noticed that genI-II-IV have the old sprite, but some of them are edited a bit, like quilava or jolteon.

Gen III starters: (I noticed that the sprite of this gen are all new, and this pump up my hopes for a remake of R/S/E:))
Spoiler:

IV gen:
Spoiler:

V gen:
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gen III starters are my favorites and they all look amazing. :) I'm loving the whole Torchic line (I loved them already, haha). And Gen IV starters are my least faves. :( I don't even feel like looking their sprites up cause they're ugly. And I don't know the gen V starter evos yet, so I don't wanna spoil it. But! I thought I wouldn't like the new battle screens, but I'm really liking them. I love the sprite animations, back and front. For instance, the Sexy Cat (that's its name, don't deny it) will lift up its paw sometimes and Middle Evo Puppy will do...doggy things, like sticking his rump in the air playfully. I dig it. :)

Blaque

[ B L A C K ]
Years
It is odd of me to say that the back sprites of these Pokémon is what makes me like some of them even more than before? I've always loved the Treecko evolutionary line, but Grovyle and Sceptile's back sprites are really well done. I didn't think it was possible for me to like them even more.

Swampert's back sprite is pure win though!

I've been a fan of Mijumaru since the start. The sprites for his evolutions is what makes me like them even more - especially with actual confirmation and a change from the leaked artwork. But, the second stage sprite is both cute and cool. Still wishes it's main body was white, like Mijumaru, but I can live with it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No way, hon! That's my favorite sprite of all time! :) Haha, no joke either. I just really like it for some reason. XD Something about that sprite makes me love it...probably because it gives a good laugh. :P But Charizard sure has had some good sprites since then, so his justice was served. Nothing to fear. :P

It is odd of me to say that the back sprites of these Pokémon is what makes me like some of them even more than before? I've always loved the Treecko evolutionary line, but Grovyle and Sceptile's back sprites are really well done. I didn't think it was possible for me to like them even more.

Swampert's back sprite is pure win though!

I've been a fan of Mijumaru since the start. The sprites for his evolutions is what makes me like them even more - especially with actual confirmation and a change from the leaked artwork. But, the second stage sprite is both cute and cool. Still wishes it's main body was white, like Mijumaru, but I can live with it.

Yeah, I agree. :) The starters for all previous generations were done ~fantastically~ You're not the last poster in this thread anymore, Hiiro!

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
Years
No way, hon! That's my favorite sprite of all time! :) Haha, no joke either. I just really like it for some reason. XD Something about that sprite makes me love it...probably because it gives a good laugh. :P But Charizard sure has had some good sprites since then, so his justice was served. Nothing to fear. :P

It IS kind of luring for some odd reason lol. I think it may be because it looks soooo weird and out of place that it keeps a place on everyone's memory ^_^ it ALWAYS cracks me up when I see it just because.....idk it's so weird looking to me! I think my favorite sprite of Charizard is the HG/SS and the FireRed/Leafgreen. It's a pretty close tie.

Ayselipera

We'll since we're now mentioning Black and White sprites I just have to say Jolteon's new sprite does it so much justice. Now I can erase its HGSS sprite from out of my memory<333

Spr_4h_135.png
- HGSS

135.png
- BW

Back