• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Just wouldn't be fair. Let's face it. You may not know me, but I deffinantly am confident in my pokemon after the rigorous training we've gone through. Besides you're new here. All the new kids have lower level pokemon, but if you really want to try and prove me wrong we'll do a quick 1v1." Isaac said, "Your starter versus mine. I'm assuming that'd be your Lucario here."

Isaac's hand fell tenativly to his belt where he pulled a pokeball from it's place. He held the sphere in his hand and looked into it.

"So? you ready to fight the top trainer of Northern Johto?" Isaac said with a smirk.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu and Luco immediately looked at each other with an awkward slowness of sorts, before eyeing Isaac with the same awkward stare. But it didn't take long before the Lucario simply closed its eyes and stepped back, turning its head with a rather cold sense to it. The boy frowned before looking back up at the other with a frown, holding up both arms in an 'X' and saying "Nooooo goooo!"

He'd straighten back up into position, taking another Pokeball in hand and tossing it up and down as he began to speak. "Luco does not accept your challenge, I'm afraid. See, we have this policy where normally, we don't like dealing with Trainers who are too high-strung in their 'confidence'. See bud, you already kinda struck out from the get-go. There's a fine line between confidence, and arrogance. The way you presented yourself, is clearly NOT confidence."

Hiromu smiled before placing his hands on his hips again, smirking with a quirked brow. "Plus, I've met plenty of top Trainers before even coming here. A couple of them I've only run into once, but I can tell you now: Not one time did they ever flaunt their skills like they were the best thing in the world. So sure, I'll take your challenge, but my partner will be of MY choosing."

Then he rose his hands behind his head, stretching as Luco nodded along with every word Hiromu spoke. "Otherwise, dude, you're just kinda bugging me. No sense of common courtesy, or respect, or even sportsmanship from the get-go. You're pretty lame, if you ask me!"

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Jason Monterio Basco

Electrike Lightingrod took effect and the punch landed on him straight on the head.

"Hah, you is giving me loads of power, more than you can deal as damage" laughed Electrike.

"Although your fist may be strong, Lightingrod is stronger still"

"Electrike use Thunder Wave to destabilize him" shouted out Jason.

Electrike jumped up in the air and realease a wave of electricity, courtesy of Hyper, straight towards the donor.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"You seem to taking this a little more seriously then you need to. I'm just another trainer, but the best trainer from where I come. Why am I cocky for stating who I am. I'm just trying to make sure you know what you would be getting into. The last trainer I fought was rather dumbstruck by my tactics and skill. So call my admitance of advanced training poor-sportsman ship if you wish, but we are going to battle. Once a challenge is made it cannot be denied." Isaac said.

He wasn't even trying to be cocky. He was just being brutally honest. Did people around here get everything backwards. Helping a kid get out a fight with bullies was a crime, and now admiting to an unfair fight was poor-sportsmanship?

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu simply shook his head, waving a finger in that 'tut tut' kind of manner. "Dude, you really don't understand, do you? I can respect your skills just fine. But if you wanna go ahead and throw it out there like I'm supposed to be scared or something, then that's not gonna fly. I wanna battle to have fun. Enjoy myself and the opponent and the Pokemon! Not go around bragging about how well I can hold up!"

Luco again nodded in reply, eyeing Isaac with those icy-blue eyes. Hiromu would continue to speak, holding his hands out and motioning them like a scale. "Dude, look. Like I said, there's a very fine line between things. It's not just a simple matter of what you know you can do. Yeah, I don't know you, you don't know me. But because of that, it's still a common courtesy not parade your own skills before the battle even starts. Every one of the Trainers who were obviously stronger than me have often given me the same kind of advice to always wish the best for yourself AND your opponent. If I'm told something like what you gave me, then I can only assume you don't feel that way."

The boy would then pat Luco on the shoulder, who would eye his partner in question, before nodding and stepping forward, paws placed together as he awaited further instruction. "Look, I'm not judging you. But you gotta present yourself better to avoid this kind of drama before a match. It's just not needed, let alone necessary. If your skills are as good as you say they are, then let them speak for themselves!"

The spiel finally over, he grinned and got into a position, Luco soon following suit as they began to mirror each other's movements down to the very last inch. "Now then! Let's get psyched up and have ourselves a blast!"

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"ok...so... I am fighting your Lucario?" Isaac asked, "whatever. not gonna complain. Raizer time to make a stand!"

Isaac tossed the pokeball from his hand. It spun high in the air blasting out the pokemon inside. A burst of blue flames came off of Raizer as he appeared on the field. He looked up to the Lucarion standing across from him.

"Qui. av ava!" 'Sup? big guy?" Raizer laughed.

"alright rules of the match. one pokemon each, knock out, and nothing dirty. Not that I suspect you of that last one." Isaac said, "shall we begin?"

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
"Well, you did issue a challenge, and Luco was the first one you spoke of. So why not?", Hiromu responded with a grin. "We stand together as one, Luco!"

The Lucario nodded lightly in reply, his eyes averting down to the ball of blue flames which formed into a Quilava. Luco would nod its head in reply, speaking to the other as it would.

"Ruu..raa..!" 'Good to meet you. Let's have a good match.'

The stage was set, and the players in their places. As for who would start things off, Hiromu and Luco took the stand. "We'll start things off, if you don't mind?", he said, arms circling outward then in, hands placed together as Luco closed its own eyes. "Luco, use Calm Mind." The Lucario grunted lightly in response, its body glowing as it emanated traces of its signature trait: the Aura flowing outward with a soft light.

Hiromu was aware that Luco would be weak against fire-type and ground type moves. Fighting types as well. However, since Isaac was starting with his Quilava, Raizer, he'd have to assume that he had at least one fire move, and one ground move in his arsenal. So raising Sp. Def was his best opening option. And he'd need to increase it quickly since the Quilava seemed much more powerful than Luco.

Needless to say, this would be an interesting match.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
(please tell me you didn't check out my moves. thats meta, and not good. if you guessed dig fine, but otherwise tisk tisk.)

"you know thats exactly. I mean exactly what the last guy did, and I'm sorry to say, but wrong move. Raizer, Falme wheel!" Isaac said recolecting his battlw ith Kilik's zoura.

Raizer sprinted towards Luco. After gaining speed he curled up and spun rapidly. The blue flames on his back swirled around him as he came hurtling at Luco. He was a flamibg blue blur.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
[OOC: No, just a force of habit from playing all the games. I wound up playing through all the versions several times to the point of memorizing what Pokemon would learn what. It's pretty bad, actually... x_x;; ]

Hiromu winced a bit as Luco was pushed back, the attack leaving a bit of a sear over its body. However, instead of flinching, it would stand back upright, turning his attention back to Hiromu. "Heh. Should have figured...Fire-type moves are usually considered energy, so I would have thought Sp. Defense would help. No matter. Just gotta play a bit smarter.", he said, moving his arms in a circle, then over his own chest, Luco doing the same.

"Luco! Iron Defense! Let's keep our guard up!" The Lucario nodded as it shone brightly like steel, its muscles tensing up within to the point of feeling like hardened steel. It might not be much right now, but it would still definitely dull down any other attacks Isaac had in mind. Right now, it was simply a matter of holding out and giving the guy a run for his money. And besides that, Hiromu was actually getting annoyed with feeling like he was getting talked down to.

"I may have made a mistake, but that's life. You got in a good shot, but don't think I'm gonna make it easy, even if you are stronger!"

"Ruu..." 'Forgive my partner. He is good, but still has much to learn.', Luco explained to Raizer.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Qu ava la." 'amen to that.' Raizer laughed.

"fair enough, but I'm keeping this ball rolling. Can you dig it?" Isaac said puttin his next order in an obvious code.

Raizer tore his way through the dirt, but covered the hole back up. He tunneled in his random methods deep under the field. normally Isaac used this in a tactic for two on two battles, but remaining out of the open was still useful.

"Quick question. Why evolve your pokemon so early. Lucario come from Riolu, and from what I've heard Lucario are sometimes much stronger when trained as Riolu for a longer time." Isaac asked.

Evolution was a critical point of training. Every trainer approached it differently. Isaac prefered to keep his pokemon evolving some where near their normal time, but others went for sooner or later. Suddenly the ground rumbled as Raizer leapt up behind Luco.

"Ace!" Isaac shouted as quickly as Raizer appeared.

Raizer swapped out moves and went in hard with an aerial ace from behind.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu watched as Raizer had dove underground, covering up its tracks. He did kinda frown at how Isaac had implemented that though. Sneaky...and a bit crude. Then the questioning of his Lucario's evolution came up, a small smile curling over his lips. It was a good question, no doubt about it. However, the answer probably wasn't one Isaac was expecting to get.

"Heh. Sorry, but that's a bit of a personal story. Maybe I'll tell ya another time...", he said, his eyes fixating upon the point in which the Quilava erupted from the ground, Isaac cleverly having him switch from ground to a flying type move. "Luco, use Extreme Speed!" The Lucario's eyes flashed as he swiftly wheeled around and darted for Raizer, its body almost disappearing before making contact with the other. However, Aerial Ace still had its effect, so Luco was hit, but not as hard thanks to the boost from Iron Defense.

"Hang in there, Luco..", Hiromu said, crossing his arms over his chest again, the Lucario taking in its wind and readying itself.

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
(Ooc: Sorry guys! School and family... Let's continue!)

Great. The Piplup has Brick Break too? Two moves that could seriously damage a Dark type like Star! We need a way to avoid them... "Star, run around and switch places with your clones. Then spread out." Star nodded and jumped down. She called her clones over and they ran in a circle, then ran in all directions. "Stay away from the opponents!" They nodded and started growling. Quietly, but definitely growling. If you looked closely, you might see her smiling. Then Mistress used Double Team. I cannot tell where the real Pokemon are anymore. The Pikachu burst from the ground in a shower of dirt, rocks, and dust. Too bad it only hit a clone. Mistress used Dark Pulse, the move looked very nice if I do say so myself. The clones shot one out too, and that gave me an idea. "Stars, half of you use Shadow Ball, and the other half use Feint Attack!" They nodded and the right half started forming balls of darkness and shooting then to the Pikachu and Piplup. The left side rushed up and tried to hit them while they were preoccupied with Shadow Ball, then running back to their positioned spots.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin

Double team?! Well this was fine before but not so good when the other side is using it.

Luckily, there was one way to determine the real one among the fakes. Kenshin reached into his jacket and pulled out a simple pair of sunglasses he placed over his eyes.

"Olivia, cover your eyes," he whispered to her in a low voice. "Pika, use Flash!"

Pikachu let out a bright blinding light. During that flash, Kenshin looked at each of the Zorua's to determine which was the real one. All he needed was to find which one had a shadow.

Fun fact about Double Team. It's only an optical illusion. It doesn't produce actual clones. In other words, those clones can't actually hurt anyone. Nor can those clones actually produce a SHADOW. Once Kenshin spotted the Zorua casting a shadow, Kenshin pointed and called out.

"THERE PIKACHU! IRON TAIL!" He called out.

Pikachu moved quickly and jumped forward as his tail glowed white and he hit the Zorua's face with the Iron Tail before she fired Dark Pulse at Myra.

Now Kat tried having Umbreon Images try and make them think they were surrounded and attacked by multiple Umbreons.

"Pikachu! Jump into the hole!" Kenshin called out. He looked to Olivia and said, "You better have your pokemon follow him."

Pikachu dived back down into the hole to dodge the Umbreon's attacks, both the fake attacks and the real one.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw

It wasn't the first time that a Pokémon talked telepathically to Alice, in fact, Jello did that all the time. But she was startled when she heard Shu anyway. Guess she was too used to Jello's voice and Shu's ghostly voice tone made it a bit spookier. And what he said just confused her, even more than she already was.

"Your immortal soul may be forfeit." Shu said.

And when she heard Mark speaking about death, her eyes opened wide, and she hugged Jello tighter, making him tell her she was hugging him too tight. After apologising in a barely audible voice tone, she looked at the Yamask, her eyes still open wide. She was, for the time being, unable to speak.

Jimmy Vincent

When Rosalyn got between Bryce and Jimmy, apparently to try to stop a fist fight between the two of them, Bryce chuckled. "Do me a favor, sweetheart, and stay out of this!" he said arrogantly, "This is between me and that circus clown of your friend." He put more emphasis on the last word, probably to try to make Jimmy even more upset. And given his temper, his eyes were even more full of fury and seemed like they were gonna shoot flames straight at Bryce.

The Suicune Dorm kid then smirked, and glanced at the Wartortle holding the egg. A new idea popped into his evil mind, and he grabbed Rosalyn's arm. "On second thought..." he said in a sinister voice tone, and looked at her arm. Nothing good could happen next.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn tried to pull away the moment he grabbed her arm but couldn't get free. She frowned more and said "your not getting the egg, it's not yours" before trying to get free again. Jazz saw the boy grab his trainers arm and moved forward holding the egg "no Jazz stay back" Rosalyn ordered and the Wartortle stepped back as told. Rosalyn smirked a bit looking Bryce in the eye "you have five seconds to let go of me or I will kick you where it hurts" she hissed and as if to show her point she moved her right leg so she could kick him if she had to.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
"Guh, I can't move very well! That little shock was enough to make me stop in my tracks!" thought Hyper

"Ahh! Hyper, Thunder Wave didn't hurt you did it?" asked Gen.
Hyper shook his head, the attack didn't hurt, but after Thunderpunch, he jumped back and with the Thunder Wave coming, he fell hard.

" Gah! We better end this, now! The strongest attack you got that can hurt him is Cross Chop, so I'll bet it all on that attack! Hyper Cross Chop, I don't know what'll happen, but do it!" commanded Gen.

"Uwoooooh! I'll crush you man!" shouted Hyper.
He hadn't recovered his legs enough to jump, so he ran to Electrike, fast as he could, like a bulldozer about to bulldoze a mountain.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

As the boat slowly sailed up next to the pier, Daniel was standing on the deck, staring up at the large academy building, towering in front of him, only overshadowed by the volcano much further inland.

A wide, excited smile was adorning his lips as he tore his gaze from the academy to look down at Alexis, her paws on the rail, staring out at the school as well, even if barely, due to her height.

"This is really exciting! An island created by none other than Gary Oak, to make sure there are Pokémon of all kinds, all over... are you ready to start our newest adventure, Alex'?"

"Chhu!" Alexis nodded her head with a wide smile of her own, causing Daniel to chuckle softly and ruffle up the short fur on her head.

"Alright then, let's get up and get our bearings... it's going to get dark in a couple of hours, so we should find out where we're sleeping."

After getting off the boad, he stretched out, feeling the seabreeze brush through his black strands of hair, making sure his backpack was sitting properly on his back, with all of his supplies and his belongings in it.

He glanced down to Alexis standing next to him and nodded firmly before they both started to trek up the road towards the academy, turning their heads left and right and taking in their new home, the excitement bubbling in them both.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
((OOC: Rafael, since you didn't say anything about the NPC guys, I'm just gonna assume that they ran away or something like that. ^^))

Oscar watched as the Focus Punch took out the Aipom, making it faint and forcing it's trainer to return it. Looking to his side, he could see that Pikachu had managed to take out Diglett with a powerful Iron Tail. The three trainers, having an embarrassed look on their faces, quickly collected their stuff and scampered away into the sunset before Oscar even could say something.

''Huh...weird...'' Oscar just scratched the back of his neck, being a little confused. ''Well, good work Meden!'' Oscar returned the Meditite back to his Pokeball, then proceeded to look at the boy with the Pikachu.

''Um...so what was that all about?'' Oscar asked with a confused tone in his voice. It may have been an arranged battle they had, but Oscar really doubted that. It probably hadn't been the best choice to just interfere like that but it was too late to think about it now. While he awaited a response, he sent out Arya again, holding her in his arms as she was exhausted. Taking out a Potion from his bag, he sprayed it on Arya, hoping to restore a little of her energy.

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy stood there watching as Bryce grabbed Rosalyn's arm. Rosalyn threatened to kick him, but the Suicune Dorm kid didn't seem to care. Instead of letting go, he chuckled once more and started to twist her arm, trying to get the Wartortle to hand over the egg.

"Hand it over, Wartortle." he said, "Or I hurt her even more."

Jimmy felt that he had to help her. Why? He didn't know. He didn't like the idea of helping someone else, and couldn't believe he was about to do it. So he walked around Rosalyn and Bryce, with the latter too concentrated on Jazz to notice him, and once he was behind him, he spoke.

"Hey, punk!" he said, and Bryce turned around. The firsrt thing he saw was Jimmy's fist coming to his face. And the next thing he knew he was letting go of Rosalyn's arm, and falling to the ground. And then he was knocked out.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn let out a small whimper of pain when Bryce twisted her arm. "Don't Jazz" she said wincing a bit as she got ready to kick him. The next thing she knew Bryce was on the ground unconscious and Jimmy was in front of her. Rosalyn rubbed her arm a bit it was gonna leave a bruise but it was nothing serious. "t-thank you" she sniffled before hugging Jimmy as Jazz glared at Bryce and hit him with Water gun.

Back