• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
Years
Brock stated that he wanted to become a Pokemon Doctor, so he left for Kanto instead of traveling with Ash to Unova. As for Dawn, she had received an invitation Hermione (or Paris; not sure) for her Buneary and decided to stay in Sinnoh then. She later decided to travel to Hoenn for contests.

So does that mean no Brock or Dawn? Or are they making a separate series for those two?

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
Years
Yes, no more Brock or Dawn. They do however have a special episode each.

Awwwww... I'm really going to miss both of them a lot.. Well I did for May and Lyra but then again the series has been so long that I've gotten used to the Sinnoh characters and now they have to depart their separate ways :(... It's like they say.. All good things always comes to an end.

Now I'll be looking forward to seeing the Black and White (Anime) series.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Team Rocket Concept Art

I'd like to know if anyone could refer me to good websites with episode and character concept art related to Team Rocket and their relatives. I'd like to see the original designs for Jessie & James, Jessibelle, Giovanni, Butch & Cassidy and so on. I hope some of them are circulating on the web! Note that I know the sunyshore website already.

Thanks a lot!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I found this a few days ago on bulbapedia;
Spoiler:

If you take a look at the bottom right hand corner you can see Jessie and James in black costumes, this could just maybe suggest they were originally supposed to wear black costumes, as it seems to be old anime art.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
^ Wow, that's pretty cool. They hadn't even thought of the dub names by then, hehe. Hilarious that they refer to Shigeru as Takeshi though >__> It seems they hadn't even decided on using the word "evolve" back then, either.

On topic, interesting that they had originally decided to have Jessie and James wearing the usual TR uniform, but had Butch and Cassidy wear it instead.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Yeah, I remember this outfit! I was wondering where it came from. Thanks for sharing!

"The Rocket Society, an infamous league of mad scientists" hahaha!

Years
Pikachu's Past?? Any info on that?
There's something I'm not completely sure of, but in the episode, Pikachu's Goodbye, Ash's Pikachu apparently finds the tree where he used to live earlier. He might have been caught by Professor Oak, (in reference to Pokemon Yellow), who then gave it to Ash, even though he wasn't really supposed to give him that Pikachu. Just because he saw how sad Ash was, he gave him that Pikachu.

This is just some speculation, so I'm not completely sure of this. I'm trying to verify the events in that episode. :\

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Where can i download/watch the anime series, from the beggining, online?
It's against the rules to ask where to download or watch episodes/movies ilegally. The only way weather it isn't would be to watch it online at pokemon.com.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 12, 2013
My question is probably best suited here and regards less the anime and more the actual act of watching it. I'm from the UK and would love to get the movies on DVD, I have the first two or three floating about but I was wondering if there were any online stores where I could grab all of the movies released thus far? Amazon seems to be lacking in that department.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2011
can the saga's/series be watched at once?

Just like the title says can you watch the each of the Pokemon series be watched at once (Like Original Advance DP Best Wishes) Since they each take place in a different region?

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
You mean, get through them at the same time, and still understand what goes on?

Yeahhh, none of them really continue off each other much, with the exception of certain characters leaving and entering with each new region. Though, the characters don't change much, if at all, and the story starts out fresh each time. So technically, yeah, you could watch them all at once and have no problem.

Just as long as you start at the beginning of each series, you should be fine. xD

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
A question about the Unova episodes

I have a question to all the anime fans here. I used to watch the Pokemon anime in my childhood, and I stopped during about the Hoenn season, though I watched some of the Sinnoh episodes every now and then for nostalgia's sake.

Now, I stopped watching because of 2 reasons. I grew over it, and the episodes felt kinda repetitive. Ash is being too nice for other people, saves them from Team Rocket, everybody smiles and he leaves the area...I just missed the originality of the episodes up to the Orange islands and the beginning of Johto.

Either way, I have a few questions for those who watch the new episodes:
1. If you agree with me on the 2nd paragraph, is there any improvement in these episodes? Does the plot vary more?
2. I've noticed Brock is gone. Is it just a seasonal thing, or is he gone for good? Do you want him back?
3. Are the characters still always too nice to each other, or does it start to feel like the Ash/Misty relations a little?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
1. The same basic concepts still apply. Ash wants to catch pokemon and be a pokemon master, he wants to beat the league, he has a rival that is a jerk and so on. As for the episodes themselves they are some of them that are recycled ideas of previous seasons but that's is a given since we are 5 Sagas in now.

2. He is replaced with Cilan. He had his spot light in DP One Hour special as well as Dawn, so no I don't want him back. And he is aspiring to be a Doctor and I doubt he would accomplish that by constantly traveling on Ash adventures. So if we do see him again it will probably never be as a main character role.

3. Ash and Iris have a brother sister relationship so to speak where they argue with each other. Iris constantly calls him a little kid, berates him, points out his flaws and blunders, and so on. So the nice thing is not going on between them as it was for May and Dawn.

If you really want to get a sense of if it is too repetitive for you then just watch a couple episodes. They did change up Team Rocket role for awhile. Ash also seems to be rotating his pokemon more then previous seasons as well.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Ash and Iris will be a big dejavu like with Misty.

However, Ash got so much more immature, and worst of all...

ashstill10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back