• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Date of Birth Challenge

Years
POKEMON BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE-OMEGA RUBY-Part 4
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
POKEMON BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE-OMEGA RUBY-Part 5 (Short Update, will explore the desert in part 6)
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 28, 2019
Can I half the first one twice because I'm doing alpha sapphire and got jirachi which i can't do?

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 28, 2019
My sign up
Alpha sapphire
07/12/05

7x12x5= 420 420/2= 210= Jirachi (impossible to get normally and little to no one will trade for them) 210/2= 105= wailord

12x3= breloom

7x3x3= skitty

Charizard

Dusknoir (going of it being partially gray)

Route 101 hoping for poochyenna

Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 29, 2019
Hey Salinor,

Just thought I'd let you know the first pokemon should be Day + Month + Year which would give #24 for you (Shiftry in Alpha Sapphire).

Best of luck with the challenge its a fun one :)

Kyuuji

Gold himself?
Years
I was born December 13th, 2003 (13/12/2003), I'm gonna be playing soul silver, since it's my favorite pokemon game and it's the second challenge I take with it!

Name: Kyuuji
Game: Soul Silver
Pokemon Team:

1- Kakuna (Beedrill)
2- Dunsparce
3- Sandshrew (Sandslash)
4- Froslass
5- Honchkrow
6- I am going to go to route 12 in kanto and catch the snorlax there!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 28, 2023
Hey! This is my sign-up for this Challenge. So my birthday is July 9th, 1999 or 07/09/1999.

I'll be playing through Pokemon Renegade Platinum and this is my team:

1. 7+9+99=115 which in the Sinnoh dex is Riolu, so I'll be using a Riolu/Lucario
2. 9*4 = 36 which in the Sinnoh dex is Carnidos so I'll be using a Carnidos/Rampardo
3. 7*4*4 = 112 which is Munchlax so I'll be using Munchlax/Snorlax
4. Since I get to choose a fire-type, I'll be using Flareon
5. Since I get to choose a Grey pokemon, I'll choose Glameow/Purugly
6. Route 207

I'll have to gen in both Riolu and Munchlax, but will catch the rest/get their fossil in game

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen yesterday
This sounds very unique, I'd like to try it! If I enjoy it, I'm thinking of doing this with my family and friend's birthdays as well hahaha.

Name: Lego Wolfer
Game: Emerald
Pokemon Team: Slaking, Minun, Azurill, Torkoal, Skarmory (used a random picker to reduce chance of favouritism), first Pokemon at Route 106. I will evolve the Pokemon mostly because I don't want to have to spam cancel on the evolve screen every time they level up. And because I can't get Azurill without breeding, I'll just get a Marill which will also make Roxanne way less grindy.

Since I don't have tools to hack, I will be using the starter until I get Slakoth. I'll pick Treecko as the starter to manipulate the rival to have Blaziken, as fighting type has the advantage over normal.

Gym 1:
Spoiler:

Gym 2:
Spoiler:

Gym 3:
Spoiler:

Gym 4:
Spoiler:

Gym 5:
Spoiler:

Gym 6:
Spoiler:

Gym 7:
Spoiler:

Gym 8:
Spoiler:

Elite Four:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Since this is a spotlighted challenge, I'm going to start this up once I'm done with my current challenge run. I'm already in Victory Road, so it shouldn't take too long.

Name: Explorer of Time
Game: Pokemon X
Date: August 27th 1998* (see edit below)
Pokemon Team: Delphox, Medicham, Crustle, Espeon, Aggron, Ursaring
  1. Ursaring: 8+27+98 = 133 (Mountain Kalos)
  2. Espeon: (27*6)/2 = 81 (Coastal Kalos)
  3. Medicham = (8*6*6)/2 = 144 (Central Kalos)
  4. Delphox = Fire Type
  5. Aggron = Gray Pokemon
  6. Crustle = First Route 8 Pokemon I encountered, via repels until I could get Rock Smash to guarantee Dwebble or Clauncher
EDIT: After recalculating my numbers to double-check everything, I realized that I screwed up the calculations for the first two Pokemon on the list. Thankfully, it is still a valid team for the date August 27th 1998, but that date is not my actual date of birth. I was actually born in August, though, so everything except Espeon and Ursaring, neither of which are Pokemon I particularly wanted in the first place, would have stayed the same, and it's too late to change it because I already have Espeon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Name: yogo896
Game: Pokemon White
Pokemon Team: Pidove, Escavalier, Blitzle, Crygogonal, Chandelure (apparently its pokedex colour is black), route 1 encounter

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Pokemon X
Date of Birth Challenge - Rising Star Gregory
Update 1 (Aquacorde Town -> Santalune Gym)

First update of this challenge! I got my starter, a Fennekin, and evolved him into a Braixen right after beating Viola. The gym battle ended up being more difficult than expected because of Water Sport, but Fennekin still pulled through by using a lot of Flame Charges against Surskit, taking a lot of damage from Bubble, and outspeeding and 2HKOing Vivillon with Ember after nearly fainting to Infestation.

Team

Spoiler:

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
Years
I'll try this out, why not. gonna be on emulator since I don't wanna reset the file on my physical Platinum copy.

Name: Descendng
Game: Platinum
birthday is Sep 6 '02.

Team:
Simple enough, that leads me to a Shinx as, effectively, my starter.
2. that's a Gyarados. neat.
3. Sneasel. works for me, I've always liked this line but never really got a chance to use one.
4. a Rock type, huh? guess I'll go with Bastiodon, I've been wanting to try one ingame sometime and this is about as good a reason as I'll get.
5. Purple! still in need of a Flying type so I think for this one, I'll take Drifblim. I could go with Crobat, but I've used it so many times, and I kinda want a change of pace.
6. TBD -- I believe I get Route 209, as it's the 9th route via Sinnoh's numbering system.

will update as I go along!

Last edited:

Descendng

Years
I'll try this out, why not. gonna be on emulator since I don't wanna reset the file on my physical Platinum copy.

Name: Descendng
Game: Platinum
birthday is Sep 6 '02.

Team:
Simple enough, that leads me to a Shinx as, effectively, my starter.
2. that's a Gyarados. neat.
3. Sneasel. works for me, I've always liked this line but never really got a chance to use one.
4. a Rock type, huh? guess I'll go with Bastiodon, I've been wanting to try one ingame sometime and this is about as good a reason as I'll get.
5. Purple! still in need of a Flying type so I think for this one, I'll take Drifblim. I could go with Crobat, but I've used it so many times, and I kinda want a change of pace.
6. TBD -- I believe I get Route 209, as it's the 9th route via Sinnoh's numbering system.

will update as I go along!

so, uh, quick update! I've arrived in Oreburgh with my first 2 team members:
- Shinx (Daze), Female with a Naive nature
- Magikarp (Triton), Male with a Lonely nature

but uh. while I was in the mines looking for Roark... dude?? hello????
Spoiler:

that's... an unexpected one. the game must really want me to use a Crobat after all I guess. would it still count as purple even in its shiny when it's more of a pink color?
if I can't end up using it, it's no big deal because I still kinda want to use Drifblim anyways, I'm just a bit curious on this. since if it is legal for the challenge, I'll end up using it.

also, just a quick note, here's some proof for it being legit, via PKHaX:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
that's... an unexpected one. the game must really want me to use a Crobat after all I guess. would it still count as purple even in its shiny when it's more of a pink color?
Presumably, yes, since every pokemon species has a color hardcoded into the game files, regardless of shinyness or actual color. It's what we use to define which Pokemon are which color for challenges involving color.

Years
This was one of the first challenges I've done (that I remember). I checked the thread and it was back in 2016. So, let's do it again, but in different game. My birthday is on 25. 12. 1996

Name: Janp
Game: Pokémon Ultra Moon
Pokémon Team:
1. 25+12+96=133, which means Wishiwashi
2. 25*7=175, which means Araquanid
3. 12*49=588/2=294, which means Manectric
4. December, which means Alolan Sandslash
5. Black Pokémon, which means Toucannon
6. Route 12, which means either Alolan Graveler, Torkoal or Mudbray

Which is pretty interesting team. I will suffer in the early game. Can't wait to start.

Descendng

Years
so, uh, quick update! I've arrived in Oreburgh with my first 2 team members:
- Shinx (Daze), Female with a Naive nature
- Magikarp (Triton), Male with a Lonely nature

but uh. while I was in the mines looking for Roark... dude?? hello????

if I can't end up using it, it's no big deal because I still kinda want to use Drifblim anyways, I'm just a bit curious on this. since if it is legal for the challenge, I'll end up using it.

also, just a quick note, here's some proof for it being legit, via PKHaX:
another update! I played up past Gardenia and Jupiter last night, and also managed to get myself an Armor Fossil which I revived into Fence the Shieldon, who is Relaxed nature. I've spent the past bit getting them to relatively even levels before taking on Fantina. here's the team so far:

Pokemon_Platinum_Version_Trade_Evolution_Patched__26857.pngPokemon_Platinum_Version_Trade_Evolution_Patched__32022.pngPokemon_Platinum_Version_Trade_Evolution_Patched__29274.pngPokemon_Platinum_Version_Trade_Evolution_Patched__13535.png

double Intimidate is pretty neat to have, and it's also nice to have a dedicated defensive team member. I feel like this team is gonna end up extremely well-rounded.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Pokemon X
Update 2 (Route 4 -> Cyllage Gym)

A week later and I finally have my second gym badge, and three more of my team members. I also taught Braixen an entirely new moveset, and gave everyone held items. I'm quite happy about getting to use Crustle, and I'm already planning a Shell Smash build for her, and though I'm a little worn out with Medicham since I've used one in both my most recent run and the run I did two runs ago, it's still a great Pokemon and will give me the opportunity to have a Mega once I reach the postgame.

Espeon... not so much. The eeveelutions may be cute, but I have never enjoyed using them in actual Pokemon battles, and though Espeon is one of the better ones, he doesn't fill a role that Delphox won't be able to do better. To top it all off, I got my Eevee just slightly too high-level to learn Psybeam via level up if I grinded friendship to evolve him right away (which I did, thank you Luxury Ball and Cyllage bike race course), and he doesn't learn another STAB Psychic move that isn't Future Sight until level 37, and the Move Relearner in XY isn't accessible until after the 6th gym. I am very irritated that I'm stuck with him, and I already know who's getting left behind for an HM Pokemon during Victory Road.

Grant actually beat me once because I was unlucky with Meditite and Tyrunt could hit everyone else with super-effective moves, but the second battle went much better. Meditite 1HKOed Amaura with Rock Smash, and 2HKOed Tyrunt with Rock Smash as well, the first Rock Smash being a critical. He also survived a Rock Tomb and then a Bite from Tyrunt. Trevor, Tierno, and Sycamore were all pushovers because Braixen was really overlevelled up until Connecting Cave, so I didn't bother recording their battles, though.

Finally, I got the EXP share, but I turned it off before catching my second Pokemon. I don't plan to turn it back on unless I get really underleveled for some reason, since X and Y are very easy games and I don't need them to be even easier.

Team

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Pokemon X
Update 3 (Route 10 -> Shalour Gym)

This update was somewhat short, but it had a lot of intense battles. No new Pokemon this time, and I won't get my last two team members until after I beat Team Flare in Geosenge, and only three new moves, but I got the Mind Plate and Eviolite and gave them to Espeon and Meditite, respectively. I gave the Quick Claw to Dwebble, too, since she needs it the most up until she gets Shell Smash. Meditite also learned Poison Jab via TM in Shalour, replacing Hidden Power Electric, and Espeon learned Future Sight via level up and Protect via TM after I remembered I had it in Shalour as well.

Korrina (Geosenge Town): This battle was much easier than Korrina's gym battle. Braixen 3HKOed her first Lucario with Fire Spin and two Psybeams, but got hit by a Metal Sound and a Swords-Dance-boosted Feint. Braixen nearly KOed the second Lucario with Fire Spin and Rocky Helmet damage, but got KOed by two Power-Up Punches, and Espeon finished it off with a pair of Swifts, surviving two Feints.

Serena (Tower of Mastery): This battle was quite difficult, though mostly due to bad RNG relating to Frogadier's Water Pulse. I led with Meditite against Meowstic, hitting with two Returns before being 4HKOed by Fake Out, Psybeam, Disarming Voice, and a second Psybeam. Dwebble took a little damage from Meowstic but KOed it with Bug Bite.

I switched to Espeon against Frogadier, but he immediately got hit by and confused by Water Pulse. Then he hurt himself, and got hit by another Water Pulse. I healed him and then he got hit by a critical Water Pulse. I had Espeon set Future Sight, but he went down to Water Pulse and then a Quick Attack. I switched to Braixen, and Frogadier was nearly KOed by Future Sight, but it used Water Pulse and confused Braixen again. I revived Espeon and led Braixen faint, and switched to him afterwards, and he finished off Frogadier with Swift after getting hit by Quick Attack.

Espeon did a little damage to Absol with Swift, but fainted to Slash, and I switched to Dwebble. Her Quick Claw activated and I KOed Absol with Bug Bite.

Korrina (Shalour Gym): This was a really fun, very close gym battle, despite my type advantage against hers. I led with Braixen, and he nearly KOed Mienfoo with Psybeam, and Mienfoo put itself in the red from the Rocky Helmet by hitting Braixen with Power-Up Punch. Korrina healed Mienfoo, but Braixen outsped and 2HKOed it with Psybeam. Braixen then brought Korrina's Machoke into the red with two Psybeams, but got KOed by two Rock Tombs. Korrina healed it with her other Hyper Potion, and Meditite hit with a critical Confusion. Meditite then 3HKOed it with two Returns, but had his speed and defense lowered by Rock Tomb.

Meditite then hit Hawlucha with Poison Jab, but failed to poison, and Hawlucha KOed him with a Power-Up Punch and a Flying Press. I switched to Meditite and set up Future Sight while it set up Hone Claws. Hawlucha used Flying Press, which brought Espeon down to a third of his HP even with the Fighting resistance, and Espeon used Swift to bring it down to slightly over half its HP. I used Protect to stall, blocking another Flying Press, and Future Sight KOed Hawlucha.

Team

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Here's my sign-up! Sort of...

I've actually tried out a few Pokémon combinations across different games and even trying to use the canon birth dates of some of my roleplay characters. I wanted more of a chill challenge with some Pokémon I didn't use much before, and I hope you will forgive me for not sticking entirely to the rules for the sake of the character in question...

Name: Avril Reese
Date of birth: April 25, 2010
Hometown: Laverre City, Kalos
Game of choice: Pokémon Y
Pokémon team:
1. 25+4+10 = 39 - Mountain Kalos - Stunfisk - one of the first wild Pokémon Avril met in her journey (as told in Hoenn: Square 1!)
2. 25 * 6 = 150 - Coastal Kalos - Lapras
3. 4 * 6^2 = 144 - Central Kalos - Medicham
4. Yellow Pokémon - Vespiquen - a Bug-type to represent Avril's connection with QueenNothing's character, Junko Enomoto ♥
5. Grass-type Pokémon - Gogoat - just a Pokémon I haven't been able to use much, but also one I was almost giving to Avril in place of her current teammate, Thistle the Wooloo
6. A Pokémon from Route 4 - Flabébé - this should've been random but I had to pick red flower Flabébé, since it's Avril's starter Pokémon and best friend, Poppy. I guess I'm feeling less bad about technically not following the last rule because Flabébé still has an overall 35% encounter rate in the flowers, but I'm also going to delay its final evolution into Florges until I have all 8 badges, in character with Avril and Poppy's progression through the roleplay.

I've already made a lot of progress on this run, it's been nice to relax on Pokémon Y for some time and take some time away from certain matters, and I will soon update you on how the run is going and on how many different surfaces Avril has skated somehow...

Last edited:
Back