• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokéride Functionality

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Pokéride functionality in Pokémon Essentials. Only compatible with v17+.

Credits
  • Marin
  • Mid117 (Pokéride sprites)
  • Roan (Pokéride sprites)
  • Mashirosakura (Pokéride sprites)

Installation
First, download these graphics and put the MAP in Graphics/Characters (not the individual files!)
Download Graphics
(I recommend changing the graphics. The graphics are not the emphasis of this resource.)

Next, put the following pieces of code in two new sections above Main.
Pokéride_Main
Pokéride_Rides

Documentation
To call a Pokéride, use pbMount(name).
To dismount all Pokérides, use pbDismount.
In both of these, name is either a string (with quotation marks, e.g. "Tauros"), a symbol (e.g. :Tauros), or just plain Tauros.

There are two new terrain tags, 17 and 18.
17 is land that can only be walked on if you're on a Mudsdale
18 is a mountain tile that is counted as a Rock Climb tile.
To give a tile one of these terrain tags, you'll have to go to Debug -> Information Editors -> Edit Terrain Tags.

Each Pokéride must have all of the following:
  • MoveSheet: The path in Graphics/Characters the graphic will be at.
  • MoveSpeed: How fast you move in this mode of this Pokéride.
  • ActionSheet: Whenever you hold Z, it'll switch to this sheet.
  • ActionSpeed: Whenever you hold Z, this is the new speed it'll have.

You then have the option to add one or more of the following:
  • RockSmash: Any rock you walk up to while holding Z will be broken.
  • CanSurf: You can properly surf with this Pokéride.
  • Strength: Any boulder you walk up to while holding Z will be pushed forward.
  • WalkOnMudsdale: If you're on this Pokéride, you can walk on terrain with terrain tag 17 (which you normally can't).
  • ShowHidden: If a listed item with .hidden in the event name is within a 4x4 radius, it'll cause the Pokéride to use HiddenNearbySheet for a graphic and HiddenNearbySpeed for speed. These two must be implemented if you have ShowHidden enabled.
  • RockClimb: If you're on this Pokéride, you can use Rock Climb over terrain with terrain tag 18.

If you want to swap Surf for a Pokéride, you should set SURF_MOUNT to the name of that Pokéride.

ROCK_CLIMB_MOUNT is the mount that is called whenever you successfully use Rock Climb while not being on a Pokéride.

And yep. That's essentially all this offers. I know it's barebones, but should provide a good base for anyone with decent programming knowledge (or eventing knowledge, even)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Updates to v1.1:
  • Fixed a bug with Rock Climb near map edges
  • Now supports v16.0, v16.1, and v16.2

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Updates to v1.1:
  • Fixed a bug with Rock Climb near map edges
  • Now supports v16.0, v16.1, and v16.2
Uh... in your thread you say that the script is for v17+, but in this post you say it has been updated...
My question is, is the script for v16 the same one (the above script download link) or is there another link for that script?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Uh... in your thread you say that the script is for v17+, but in this post you say it has been updated...
My question is, is the script for v16 the same one (the above script download link) or is there another link for that script?

Yep, it's exactly the same script.

Lycanrock Gaming

Lycanroc 4200
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
I have my last question :
Can you a menu for pokeride in you Poketch Script Where You can mount and dismount Pokemon.
This will help me a lot.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Is there a way to add CanFly among it? As far as I see, I don't think there's any need but you never know...

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Is there a way to add CanFly among it? As far as I see, I don't think there's any need but you never know...

I didn't add fly, because in its current state, that wouldn't have much/any use. It'd be exactly the same as the HM. If your point is the animation, you could always try something yourself in a common event or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I am such an idiot...-_-
the pbDismount doesn't work for me.. when I go over it, it gives me this error-
Capture.PNG
It doesn't work with player touch or event touch...
Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 22, 2018
Hi man, I have a little bug:
When I write the script "pbMount(Tauros) and I run it the character doesn't show up, it wets invisible, and when I run the pbDismount I get this error:
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 6 (coords 13,2), map 2 (Lappet Town):
Exception: ArgumentError
Message: (eval):1:in `pbDismount'wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)
***Full script:
pbDismount(Tauros)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1606:in `eval'
Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:163:in `update'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Scene_Map:161:in `loop'
Scene_Map:170:in `update'
Scene_Map:234:in `main'

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Hi man, I have a little bug:
When I write the script "pbMount(Tauros) and I run it the character doesn't show up, it wets invisible, and when I run the pbDismount I get this error:
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 6 (coords 13,2), map 2 (Lappet Town):
Exception: ArgumentError
Message: (eval):1:in `pbDismount'wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)
***Full script:
pbDismount(Tauros)

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Scene_Map:161:in `loop'
Scene_Map:170:in `update'
Scene_Map:234:in `main'

pbDismount does not take an argument. It dismounts whatever Pokéride you're currently on.

.......I now realize I documented it incorrectly. Sorry :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
I just realized that whoever made the Stoutland graphics mixed up the "search" and "normal" sprites for the female PC. So Stoutland shuffles along the ground when not searching, and stands upright when searching.

Since more is needed to fix this than simply renaming the files, I edited the sprites myself:
Spoiler:

Download:
Girl Stoutland Sprites FIXED.7z

Also since Marin has been very busy lately, I took it upon myself to work on creating a Ride Pager system.

It's nearly done, and when it is I'll post a resource thread on this forums, but just for now here's a couple of previews:

Spoiler:

It will also include the custom mounts I've created, Flygon and Torkoal (but they're optional of course).

I also made custom footprint sprites for Klein's Sand Footprints system for all of the mounts:

Spoiler:

Lycanrock Gaming

Lycanroc 4200
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2018
Can you please give me ride pager script.
I am interested in it , I have seen your poke mounts resources but there was no script of it.
Can you please add it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2019
I just tried this out, and I love it! Will certainly make for some cool additions.

My question is, how would one limit accessibility to these mounts until certain conditions are met? As it seems right now, I can just walk up to a patch of water after starting a completely new game and jump right in.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I just tried this out, and I love it! Will certainly make for some cool additions.

My question is, how would one limit accessibility to these mounts until certain conditions are met? As it seems right now, I can just walk up to a patch of water after starting a completely new game and jump right in.

That depends on what you want, really. I may add some unlocking functionality of my own later, but in the current version, you'll have to figure out something yourself I'm afraid.

I'm not sure when I'd have time, but when I do, I'll go over all my latest resources to fix a few known bugs and add unlocking functionality here as well.

Back