• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
In Blue, the gym battle in Vermillion City. My Lvl 31 Wartortle was rendered useless. Oh, and I found Missingno... oops.

In Yellow, I just hated Pewter City. Couldn't find a Pokemon before hand that was skilled in Grass-type attacks (bad luck on my part).

shadexpwn

Shadexpwn
Years
When I played Yellow for a full play through I forgot to use flash and ended up getting through Dark cave but it took ages and I ended up clearing it without any visible sight.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
For me i would say the most annoying thing was the glitches of course they weren't an issue until i discovered these with my brother online lol. Anyway as fun as they were they also killed the game experience. Up until i learned of them i played my games 100% legit and beat the game the only way it should be! After learning of these glitches though as a kid i would basically neglect all pokemon besides my starter and when i got far enough into the game to visit Cinnabar Island i would use rare candies and HP UP's on all the other 5.

It was fun but it really makes me feel dirty now thinking back to it lol. I have since returned to playing these games and doing it without any sort of glitch or cheat and the feeling of completing the game is so much more rewarding to me anyway.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
One time I ran out of repels in Mt. Moon. Now every time I see a Zubat I burst into an untamed fit of rage.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I got two:

Team Rocket Hideout, Celadon Game Corner. That spinning mania really grinds my gears. Plus, you move slowly too. What's worse, it's easy to get lost and you have to retake it over and over again.

And the pokemon mansion in Cinnabar too. I'm annoyed as heck when I'm stuck underground with the doors closed and out of repels. Same goes for other dungeons.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2016
No way to obtain Mew without glitches. Also another annoying part was the devastation felt when a younger sibling deleted your full level 100 stacked team because there is no extra file feature.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Mewtwo.
At first it was so cool,after all that hard work I could see what was in that cave and it was MEWTWO!
And then came the overly buffed ice beams...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Being underleveled by the eighth gym. I don't know why it always happened but it always did and thus I had never beaten the game past getting the eighth badge because I hated grinding and thus never wanted to do so for the Elite Four.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

The Dratini in the Safari Zone. They were so difficult to catch and you only had x amount of balls before the guy on the PA announced time's up...

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

No way to obtain Mew without glitches. Also another annoying part was the devastation felt when a younger sibling deleted your full level 100 stacked team because there is no extra file feature.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.​

Oi vey, my little sister did that once. I was very unhappy with her for months after that.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.​

Last edited:
Years
Worst thing about it for me is Lt. Surges gym. I don't know why but his gym would just beat the hell out of my pokemon. This was especially brutal in Yellow when there was around a 7 level curb that you had to be ready for when there isn't really that much between Cerulean and Vermilion. He always got a critical hit Thunderbolt on my pokemon ಠ▃ಠ

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
One time I ran out of repels in Mt. Moon. Now every time I see a Zubat I burst into an untamed fit of rage.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.​

Ah yes, I remember that now... despite having forgotten about it for a while (haven't played Yellow in forever). Oi vey, I so hated Mt. Moon.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.​

#isthenumbersign
Years
In Diglett Cave, I couldn't run away from any of the Diglett or Dugtrio. So they'd just KO all my Pokemon with Dig. It was pretty sad.

Years
Caves in general annoyed me. Partly because of all those Zubats ambushing me, partly because of some irrational worry I would be stuck in there and never find my way out again... I always carried loads of escape ropes with me. xD

Also, looking back the fight against Lance annoys me now. Back then, it was not annoying, just a challenge. I always managed to beat him down. What I didn't realize back then was that Dragon types are weak against Ice, seeing as Lance was the only trainer to actually have dragons. And I had a friggin Articuno in my team and never used it!!! -_-

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Haha, I love my Blue. I hated Rock Tunnel, but after the first run, my friends all came to me. I also hated Surge's gym. Mainly, I am addicted to the Mew Glitch. I have gotten up to 142 seen in my pokedex, with no trading, but Golem and the other two Eeveeloutions will always be the ones that got away. Today, I had 141 seen, and looked through the Pokedex. I forgot to catch Mewtwo. And I include Mew in the Pokedex.

y0r124

EpicTrainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
I hate those d#mn rival, in Pokéleague, cz His pokémon PP in infinity :/
#ohgodwhy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back