• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]A New Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We know Cheren and Homika don't replace the older Gyms as they are in the cities before you get back onto old Unova. Shizui's gym is in some tropical beach looking area which is only around Undella, so Nacrene, Striaton, and Iccurus don't have new Gyms.

I didn't mean replace them in the old cities but replace them within new cities because the old ones were frozen over...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

I didn't mean replace them in the old cities but replace them within new cities because the old ones were frozen over...

There was only 1 city that's frozen though. Only one in the trailer and from the rumor source that has been pretty much leading all of the current released.

We'll have to wait 7 more days to find out if any cities are even frozen, but as far as I know and have seen there is only 1 frozen city.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well there was the irk with the BW Kami's not being able to change in B2W2 which was later proven wrong. I guess you're right though, we will know in weeks time. The ice will hopefully melt if there is any later.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well, they released an In-Game map in the newest Magazine from Japan

mapupdate.png

The Pink stuff was me highlighting some of the new changes in B2W2.

First thing I wanna point out is the two Pink Circles connected by the Pink line. On the actual map, those circles are connected by a faint dotted line. For me that is one of the possible locations for that under water tunnel. The other possible location is the Pink circle near Undella where the Route line goes out into the ocean.

The Mountain with the Airplane from the large map is a selectable location as well. I have no idea what's going to be there. There is a small spot that looks like its in the mountains...I'm thinking that's a new E4 Route and Castle. I dunno why I think that but it just seems like that to me.

Do want to point out the lack of Ice which I believe confirms that the region isn't frozen (except for Chargestone Cave and Mistralon Cave cause they still look bluer in the game map)

Also just noticed there is another dotted line that goes from Driftvell to Iccirus. Those dotted lines can very well be underground routes.

I am curious as to what happened to Abyssal Ruins now seeing as the new Route over the water is right over where the Ruins should have been and I don't see a green blip to signify a dungeon/cave thing for it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

The Pink stuff was me highlighting some of the new changes in B2W2.

First thing I wanna point out is the two Pink Circles connected by the Pink line. On the actual map, those circles are connected by a faint dotted line. For me that is one of the possible locations for that under water tunnel. The other possible location is the Pink circle near Undella where the Route line goes out into the ocean.

The Mountain with the Airplane from the large map is a selectable location as well. I have no idea what's going to be there. There is a small spot that looks like its in the mountains...I'm thinking that's a new E4 Route and Castle. I dunno why I think that but it just seems like that to me.

Do want to point out the lack of Ice which I believe confirms that the region isn't frozen (except for Chargestone Cave and Mistralon Cave cause they still look bluer in the game map)

Also just noticed there is another dotted line that goes from Driftvell to Iccirus. Those dotted lines can very well be underground routes.

I am curious as to what happened to Abyssal Ruins now seeing as the new Route over the water is right over where the Ruins should have been and I don't see a green blip to signify a dungeon/cave thing for it.

Maybe the ruins are still there but the only way to access it is to mine down? I dunno, but there might be another way to get to the ruins, even through an underwater tunnel.

Also I like the idea of that being the new e4. Sounds p awesome of a location @ mountain.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years

mapupdate.png

I agree; and it'll make sense to have the E4 and Pokemon League there anyway. Looks like the beginning play-through has you go through Opelucid City for the apparent 8th badge, then through Lacunosa and Undella, then those new routes. Essentially...the path to the Pokemon League Championship is longer. Yet, I feel something more important happens in Lacunosa Town now.....

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh just saw about taking a boat to Castelia. Very disappointing, I wanted to use the underwater tunnel, weird uh, this is about the region as a whole now, right...?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ooh just saw about taking a boat to Castelia. Very disappointing, I wanted to use the underwater tunnel, weird uh, this is about the region as a whole now, right...?

[strike]oui, thisthread started about the ice and then QUICKLY changed to the region as a whole[/strike]

This map is weeeeiiiiiiird. Like legit, yo. Cool! But omg this navigation is ridiculous. This is gonna be straight up crazy, yo.
I am glad to see a lot of noticeable route chains when it comes to previous locations, though, especially over by Undella Bay.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Full Unova Map!!!

The Dengenki scans has released the full Unova map

Avz57-rCQAEC3-Q.jpg_large.jpeg

The map is NOT frozen over (YEAH) and it has some new areas

(One of PCs members Xander0 had a enlarged version if someone can get it that would be welcome)

DISCUSS!!!!!!!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
It looks... interesting? Although I prefer to the one with the frozen areas because it's more detailed. Basically I like the official map, not the in-game one. At least it tells us how many new towns & areas there are.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Yeah they made the frozen unova map to deter most people so they couldnt put obvious blips where the towns where because that wouldnt have a detering map where fans can make speculation

Edit-MADE IT OVER >100 POSTS YEAAAH!!!!!!!

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
In the northeast corner, we have an entirely new path to the E4.
Also, it seems that little place on the mountain is a town/city as well.

This new map seems a bit crowded to me, but in contrary, in looks a lot less linear to go through. I like this new map, minus it being slightly crowded.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Looks like we might know where the underground tunnel is from that, unless that's for a boat trip. I'm leaning to the former though. Looks like the way to the E4 place (maybe?) has changed too.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Does no one else remember standing in front of the damn tunnel in Driftveil wondering why its even there?
*facepalm*
I mean open your DS and go to Driftveil wtf. lol

Didnt expect it to go all the way to Castelia though. AAAnd it seems to go further north towards Twist mountain...o_O

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I was thinking that awkward entrance building thing in Driftveil could be an entrance to the underwater tunnel, because of it's proximity to the water.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I love this new map.

Guess the ice was only for covering spoilers and not an actual feature in-game.

I would have hated it if they had really actually covered all that area in ice, because that actually cut off like half of the Unova region.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 19, 2015
Goodness, look at all these new Routes and locations. I can't wait to see the new Cities/Towns! We've got... *counts* 19 large locations, approximately 25+ roads, and a whole bunch of sub-locations (like the Desert Resort, the smaller dots on the map.)

I say Roads because I can't tell which ones are going to be routes and which are locations like Pinwheel Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back