Second Generation Following the success of Red, Blue and Yellow, Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal introduced fans to an exciting new world full of new Pokémon to find, catch and train. Reminisce about your favourite moments in the Johto region, share your adventures and argue about the Johto master race.

Old December 26th, 2016 (9:36 AM).
  • Silver Tier

Pokemon Crystal marked the first time in the franchise in which players had the option of choosing to play as a male character or a female character. This choice has been in every game since.

What did you think of Kris? Did you like her? Did you ever play as her?

I love her design, and was really disappointed she got replaced in HGSS. I played as her a few times. I think she's my favorite female character we can play as in the games.

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 26th, 2016 (9:03 PM).
Shrewd Strategist
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Crystal was my first video game so Kris means a lot to me! Every time I started a new game I always picked to play as her because I always pick the female protagonist in games where it's available.

I really like her design. It's simple, cute, and functional. I was kinda bummed that she got... "replaced" in HGSS, but there are similarities in design between Kris and Lyra so I just view Lyra as the canon NPC counterpart to Kris (since Kris never appears as an NPC).

"My only wish was to see you again."
Daily
Staff Fire Emblem Collab
Old December 27th, 2016 (11:40 AM).

Nature: Serious
    I remember my excitement in the 7th grade talking to my friends about the new Pokemon game about to be released in the US where you could play as a girl. We just couldn't wait for Crystal's release! I obviously played with her.

I think Kris was a fine start and I can't imagine games without this option now. I really like her romantic, humorous character in Chronicles and her bouncing, inflatable, flying jigglypuff. We even share an interest in Lance. Even though she is technically Marina and not Kris.

I happen to love Lyra's design with that darling hat, so I thought she was a good character to pick up and carry on the torch, but I would still be willing to play with Kris today. The ladies who have more stuff going on like bushy ponytails sticking out from under their baseball caps or scarves flying in your face as they ride a bike can get a little distracting for me, sorry. I like that Kris just kept it simple.
    Old January 6th, 2017 (5:39 PM).
    Molly, you are so adorable! ♥

When I first saw her during the lead-up to Crystal's release, I thought she was pretty cute, in light of the fact that they were adding a female player character as an option. Even though I'm male, I did most, if not all, of my playings of Crystal as the female character, just to take advantage of the new feature.

I thought it was too bad that Kris got replaced with Lyra for the remakes in Generation IV, and didn't think that Lyra was as cute as her predecessor.
      Old January 9th, 2017 (3:50 PM).
      The typo Queen
      • Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
      I like her since not only she's the first female character, but Crystal was/is my favorite main game! So yeah I played a lot while in Kris, so she kinda represents how I see myself in Pokemon? idk
      Old January 10th, 2017 (5:40 PM).
      Sorry, I don't do autographs...

Nature: Hasty
        I started off with HG/SS, so all my Nostalgia goes to Lyra and not Kris, but I have nothing against her I suppose. Being the first female character *is* pretty impressive.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links