Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (7:40 PM).

I also found a glitch where trying to learn any TM/HM crashed me, everytime... That's where I kind of gave up on the hack until the fixes rolled in, sorry

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (7:52 AM).

Can someone tell me if it's possible to revert the screen size back to a normal RPG Maker game's? This DS-wannabe thing is just.... Awful for my already crappy eyes...
      Old 1 Week Ago (10:48 AM).
      Not Bored

Nature: Bashful
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by L. Knight View Post
      Can someone tell me if it's possible to revert the screen size back to a normal RPG Maker game's? This DS-wannabe thing is just.... Awful for my already crappy eyes...
      That's the very feature of this game. If it's not something for you, I don't think this game is something for you.

Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!

Moderator of Game Dev, Fangames Showcase, Fangames Hub
      Old 1 Week Ago (2:18 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by M3rein View Post
        That's the very feature of this game. If it's not something for you, I don't think this game is something for you.
        The author should be thinking of people with bad eyes or small screens, so, that's all on him.

So, I guess, since this is people-who-were-born-blind discriminating, you're right, it's not for me.
        Old 1 Week Ago (2:34 PM).
        Not Bored

Quote:
        The author should be thinking of people with bad eyes or small screens, so, that's all on him.

So, I guess, since this is people-who-were-born-blind discriminating, you're right, it's not for me.
        I fail to see how this game is more annoying on the eyes than other fangames, just because of the extra screen. I wouldn't go blaming the creator for not accounting for smaller screens, as there's not much you can even do about that.

Nobody is discriminating anyone here; I myself wear glasses, in fact. But if you're blind, you can't play anything and thus playing fangames shouldn't be anything for you at all.

Old 1 Week Ago (2:52 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by M3rein View Post
          I fail to see how this game is more annoying on the eyes than other fangames, just because of the extra screen. I wouldn't go blaming the creator for not accounting for smaller screens, as there's not much you can even do about that.

Nobody is discriminating anyone here; I myself wear glasses, in fact. But if you're blind, you can't play anything and thus playing fangames shouldn't be anything for you at all.
          It's not the extra screen, it's that the extra screen makes the MAIN screen small as crap. And, unlike you, I'm sure, I was born being unable to see anything but blobs. I had surgury, had my cataracts removed, and now, my vision is usable, but it steadily getting worse over time. Having to squint to see what the Hell I'm doing doesn't help at all. The game was FINe when the menu button brought up the HGSS-style menu, there was no freakin' reason to make it a half-assed DS game.
          Old 1 Week Ago (2:57 PM).
          Not Bored

Quote:
          It's not the extra screen, it's that the extra screen makes the MAIN screen small as crap. And, unlike you, I'm sure, I was born being unable to see anything but blobs. I had surgury, had my cataracts removed, and now, my vision is usable, but it steadily getting worse over time. Having to squint to see what the Hell I'm doing doesn't help at all. The game was FINe when the menu button brought up the HGSS-style menu, there was no freakin' reason to make it a half-assed DS game.
          I'll reiterate that if you don't like this type of view, you don't have to play it. There are people who like this, and there are people who don't like this, which the latter clearly includes you. Play a different game.

Old 1 Week Ago (4:36 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by M3rein.
          The Cold Guy

Nature: Calm
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aphatos View Post
            Hey I'm a big fan of your hack, It's captivated me in a way hacks have not in a looong time! anyhow, I literally made an account to let you know that I've run into a game ending bug for me, it crashes in the cinnabar island cave when I try to step on the white pad to go deeper, i get this: [ Script 'PBattle_OrgBattle' line 16: SystemStackError occurred. stack level too deep ] and since there are no stairs to go back up i'm literally stuck on that level, forever.

I mean, I have two choices; start over and avoid that cave hoping it wont interfere with my quest to the elite four / or wait for a patch from you so I can proceed lower and continue that way... Hopefully I'll hear soon enough from you to make up my mind on that, and inform myself if I can even beat the game by avoiding that cave if I do remake...
            Yeah the cave is generated randomly , so the issue is your pc can't handle the size of the map it generated for that area.

Quote:
            i personally like the style i chose , if you do not then don't play the game.
            I'm sorry but it's just the way it is going to be.
            Old 1 Week Ago (11:16 PM).

Quote:
              You have our sympathy for the problem you have. However, I think if this game is giving you trouble, you should avoid playing this game. I would assume that the dev put a lot of effort in making the game mechanism and it really is fantastic. You could have enjoyed it too if not for the eye trouble.

With that said, this is sort of a request to the dev: The screen is split vertically. Which is not a problem for me. But is it possible to make the screen split horizontally? In that case, people who want a bit larger screen can get that? Again, it's only a request and curiosity.

Also, in the attached image, you can see the map has some visible grid like lines. Is it similar for all or I am facing some sort of settings problem?
              Old 1 Week Ago (9:46 AM).
              The Cold Guy

Nature: Calm
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
                You have our sympathy for the problem you have. However, I think if this game is giving you trouble, you should avoid playing this game. I would assume that the dev put a lot of effort in making the game mechanism and it really is fantastic. You could have enjoyed it too if not for the eye trouble.

With that said, this is sort of a request to the dev: The screen is split vertically. Which is not a problem for me. But is it possible to make the screen split horizontally? In that case, people who want a bit larger screen can get that? Again, it's only a request and curiosity.

Also, in the attached image, you can see the map has some visible grid like lines. Is it similar for all or I am facing some sort of settings problem?
                I could do Vertically but I would have to change a lot of UI stuff.
                Your seeing the visible grid lines due to the screen size , just mess with the screensize setting and you should find one that works for you.
                Old 1 Week Ago (12:57 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Aphatos.

My PC can't handle it..? It's not a crappy pc though, if I can't run the code in that cave then I'm sure neither the 80% of the people that will download this game will either man... maybe you should put a size limit? or mapping it out yourself to have a static design :X anyway how can I get around this if I remake my save... does the cave reset if i soft reset outside of it everytime?
                  Quick Reply

Sponsored Links