• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What did you nickname your pokemon?

Kite [Argus]

Onion Tamer
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Mar 21, 2014
Going to call my Greninja Jiraya. The rest of team already have names.

Tyrantrum - Deviljho
Noivern - Nargacuga

Yay! I'm not the only monster hunter fan in the west!
(But srsly, I love you right now.)

Kabutops = Kabukurosu, fuses Kabu with Kill in Japanese.

Kurosu? Did you mean Korosu? Still a pretty good idea, though I wouldn't have gone for that specific word.
Kabutops' name comes from Kabuto (Samurai Helmet), and/or Kabutogani (Horseshoe crab), so I'd pick a word that goes well with it, like Gusoku (A type of Samurai armor). Maybe Kabugusoku or something, I dunno.

Maybe I'm digging too much into this, feel free to ignore me ;__;

As for my team, I've got:

Cannon, my Vaporeon.
Yojimbo, my Rotom-H.
Clint West, my Ludicolo.
Roberto, my Machamp.
Zafwald, my Bisharp.
And finally, Poncho, my Garchomp.

Looking back, I have no idea where I got half of these names.
Since I specially breed my pokes, I'll generally go through a box of babies before I find the right one, and since I name every baby, I usually get really odd names. I never bother to rename them, because they all grow on me so much, ;).

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
I like to give them nicknames similar to what they are.

Gengar- Gengarcia, Feargar, Baingar
Politoed- Bobotoed
Gardevoir- Gardance
Ludicolo- Lidicrazy
Umbreon- Umbreoff

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
Me: Female trainer: Jessie
I named Pikachu "ThunderBird" ThndrBrd (even though it's not a bird... stupid, but still :D )
Vulpix "FireFox"
Charizard was "MasterBlaster" (MB)

famillan

Addicted.
Years
  • Age 32
  • PA
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I intentionally chained for a shiny Octillery just so I could name it

drum roll

POOPTILLERY!

/leaves ;)

Years
More Nicknames I've used!

Gibson and Egon the Krookodile(s) (Gibson, after the guitar manufacturer.. -TELL ME he doesn't sound like a guitar chord when he comes out- Egon, because the set I used was an attempt at dealing with Mega Gengar.. I had devious plans afoot.. heh heh heh.. Egon is a ghost buster for you guys too young to know)
Mashiro the Hawlucha (Named after the Bleach Vizard character.. it was female as well, and I thought the character would make a prefect Hawlucha.. It also knows Hi Jump Kick)
Brinks the Forretress (See, back in the day ADT was known as Brinks Home Security.. OBSCURE REFERENCE!)
Noctl the Umbreon (this one is a classic from G/S ..first Umbreon was named this, and my new Umbreon in X/Y is as well)
Capis the Swellow (a play on the name the swallows these guys are based on migrate to)

Years
Typically I don't nickname my Pokemon - I like their real names. But I made an exception for my shiny Ivysaur, that I just caught in the friend safari. :3 When I looked at the status screen I noticed that I had caught a female Ivysaur. I named her "Grelle" after a grim reaper from the Black Butler series, because of shiny Ivysaur's coloring that lime green/goldish yellow. those colors are sorta the same ones that all grim reapers have in their eyes. :3

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I'm not a fan of nicknames, but if I had the games, I'd give these Pokemon the following nicknames:

Chespin: Spinut
Bisharp: Slice
Amoonguss: Edible
Darmanitan: Moltfist

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
I usually name my pokemon after those who are close to me~ (I wont divulge names out of respect for privacy) I always match up pokemon personalities with their personalities or at least their poke favs.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
Years
If I catch pokemon that I know my friends like, I name them after them.
My Seviper is named Takeshi after Kamen Rider Ouja
Skorupi/Drapion is named Tsurugi after Kamen Rider Sasword always, those two never change.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
So let's see,

My Delphox is called Firefox (because it's a fire type, and a fox)

Lucario is Megario (self-explanatory)

Charizard is Firebreather (used to be firebender, cuz idk

Gengar... Well, he's stuck with his Japanese name... (traded)

Lapras is stuck with her name.

Snorlax is Sleeper.

Years
My main team was:

Chesnaught - Conquer (A play on the word Conker, as that's what it's based on.)
Tyrantrum - Tiny (Pretty self explanatory. It's a mini t-rex that turns into a giant one, what can I say?)
Lapras - Lappatron200 (I was hanging out with my friends, and I asked my one friend who doesn't play Pokémon what I should name this and showed him a Lapras. He said "It looks like a robot. Lappatron2000". That didn't fit though. :P )
Pyroar - Aslan (Narnia!)
Talonflame - Katniss (Hunger Games!)
Sylveon - Evelyn (I have a neice called Evelyn, but we nickname her Evie, pronounced the same as Eevee. I had to)

And since this is fun I'll include some of my shinies' nicknames too :D
Spoiler:

Years
I've build a competitive team and usually I don't nickname them but now I will:

Froslass: Cold Blood or Tequila? Anyone a preference?
Scyther: 2Dashing
Gengar: Hannibal
Slowbro: Scramble
Politoed: Butterbelly
Weavile: Deathwish, Deathkiss, Pegasus or Bandit

Any preferences on Weavile and Froslass? You can suggest some as well but I will probably pick out of these :D

PS: Wish I had a fire Pokémon in my team to call it Toastem (a)

Last edited:
Back