• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Hope this hasn't been asked, but is it possible to SR for the kyogre to be shiny?

EDIT: Ok we're not allowed to trade between the 2 gens. just yet either?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 8, 2019
Im on route 110 playing omega ruby and i cant find a plusle any tips is it wild or swarm?

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
Im on route 110 playing omega ruby and i cant find a plusle any tips is it wild or swarm?

I believe it's pretty rare. I find it easier to try to encounter it when it's in the overworld (when you need to sneak towards the Pokemon).

Just put on a repel and walk around until you see a bunny shaped shadow on the ground.

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
Has anyone found the Destiny Knot in ORAS yet? I've found the Everstone and need the DK to restart my breeding operations.

You get it in the contest hall from a fan after winning a Master Rank contest. I won a coolness one, so I'm not sure if that matters or not. Hopefully this will help some people. (source)
Apparently, it's possibly a random from the Pokemon Contests.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Where is the storage room door in Sea Mauville? I have the key for it but I can't find the door.

Years
Can Swablu be obtained with its HA in-game?

Assuming you can find stuff with hidden abilities in hordes like you could in XY (which I would imagine to be true), then yes.

Also, how do I get into New Mauville? I've beaten Norman but Wattson doesn't do anything other than stay in the Gym still. Is there something I have to do first? I was able to idle outside the entrance and get my Magneton to evolve, but how do I get in? Because I could use that Thunderbolt TM.

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
Can Swablu be obtained with its HA in-game?

I believe if you level up your DexNav to find swablu, you'll eventually be able to use it to search for an HA swablu.

I don't really know how the DexNav works exactly, but that's what I think it can do.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Assuming you can find stuff with hidden abilities in hordes like you could in XY (which I would imagine to be true), then yes.

Also, how do I get into New Mauville? I've beaten Norman but Wattson doesn't do anything other than stay in the Gym still. Is there something I have to do first? I was able to idle outside the entrance and get my Magneton to evolve, but how do I get in? Because I could use that Thunderbolt TM.

You only can after beating Wallace.
After that, Wattson will stand outside his gym, then talk to him and he will give you access to the second floor of Mauville, then go up there and talk to Wattson in his room, and he give you access to New Mauville.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
I have a question pertaining to the OR/AS Demo. If I were to start transferring any of the items/Glalie into my copy of OR, would I somehow be opted out of randomly getting the first Secret Mission? I haven't transferred any of the items or my Glalie because I still play the Demo from time to time, SRing to try and get the Secret Mission where you encounter Team Aqua/Magma again and I don't know if it would somehow get in the way of that.

Normally I wouldn't think that's the case, but because acquiring it seems random and we don't really know what we can do to make it appear, I don't know if having all of your rewards in the demo still is actually a requirement or not.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Are obtainable legendaries based on starters?

So in X and Y you got one of the legendary birds based on which starter you chose, is there a similar setup in ORAS? Does choosing a particular starter make certain legendaries available in game, or does that not matter? (I hate it when the games do that, so I really REALLY hope the starter has no impact on legendary availability in game)

Years
So in X and Y you got one of the legendary birds based on which starter you chose, is there a similar setup in ORAS? Does choosing a particular starter make certain legendaries available in game, or does that not matter? (I hate it when the games do that, so I really REALLY hope the starter has no impact on legendary availability in game)

From what I've heard, no. But, if I remember correctly, Ho-oh and Lugia, Latios and Latias, Dialga and Palkia, Tornadus and Thundurus, and Reshiram and Zekrom are version-exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
From what I've heard, no. But, if I remember correctly, Ho-oh and Lugia, Latios and Latias, Dialga and Palkia, Tornadus and Thundurus, and Reshiram and Zekrom are version-exclusive.

Oh good! and those pokemon being version exclusive are fine as I have both OR and AS so I would only need to go through each game once to get everything rather than going through the game 3 times just to get that one final pokemon of the trio. Thank you for the confirmation!

Years
If you beat Groudon instead of capturing him, can you still catch him in a later point of a game?

Hi, I don't have the game yet, but from what I have read on Reddit is that, if you faint Groudon or Kyogre during the story, they will reappear in the Chamber of Origin after you beat the Elite Four. They will be at the same level as they were in the story.

Years
Can you change the game's language like back in X/Y?

I'm in Europe so I haven't been able to pick the games up yet. I want to play the game in English but since I don't live in an English-speaking country right now, I hope there is a language setting in OR/AS. (Otherwise I would have to import them or something...)

Years
Can you change the game's language like back in X/Y?

I'm in Europe so I haven't been able to pick the games up yet. I want to play the game in English but since I don't live in an English-speaking country right now, I hope there is a language setting in OR/AS. (Otherwise I would have to import them or something...)

Yes, you can choose a language as soon as the game loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back