• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever completed the Pokedex in any game?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Have you ever seen and caught every Pokemon in any Pokedex before, whether it was just the regional Pokedex or also the national Pokedex?

The only Pokedex I've ever completed is the Unova Pokedex. Since then however I've never really been that bothered about completing the Pokedex, even if there are rewards available for doing so.

Years
I've completed the Dex in Alpha Sapphire and Moon, although I'm one shy in my Kalos Dex, which really annoys me, because I don't know anyone who would trade me a Kyogre from the original R/S/E just for the Dex entry...

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I completed my dex the first time in Diamond. Then I took a break from that and completed it again in X. I completed Sun & Moon dexes several times already, they're pretty easy.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
Years
I completed the national dex in HGSS, I remember when I finally got a Palkia with the Arceus Ruins of Alph/Sinjoh in game event. Good times :)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Sun and Moon was the first time I did it actually! I'd gotten close in earlier games but never had the motivation to complete the full thing. That was a lot of fun, so I plan on completing it in as many subsequent games as I can from now on :)

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yes I have, multiple times. In particular, I've completed a couple of living dexes. I plan to go back and complete the pokedex in HGSS, BW and BW2 as well as eventually USM when that eventually comes out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I try to complete some sort of Pokedex in most generations, though I guess I have a couple of gaps. I've finished the gen I, gen II, Hoenn local (200), gen IV national, and gen VI national dexes (and the regional Pokedexes as well for games where I completed the national ones). I didn't bother with V due to a bit of a decline in my playtime, and I haven't really focused on doing so in gen VII or not. This feels like an "off" gen for me, kind of like V, where I'm not that engaged, so I don't know whether I'll complete the national dex again or not. I suppose I could finish a lot of it via Bank, but I prefer catching as many Pokemon natively as I can, rather than just transferring things over.

I will say, Internet trades have made Pokedex completion much easier than I remember it being when I was younger.

Years
I completed the National Dex of 718 in Pokemon X, before new legends were introduced. Took me full 3 days with major help from a friend.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Years
I completed the regional/national Dex in Pokemon X while simultaneously writing my master's thesis. It was a nice break away from writing so much (ended up writing 140 pages). I bred and trained all of the Pokemon I didn't have myself.

Now I just drop my national dex into each new game. I caught everything new that I needed in Alola as I progressed.

Guest123_x1

I never was able the complete the 'Dex on any of my Pokémon games, not even the Generation I entries. The closest I ever got was somewhere around 120 to 130 owned in Blue before I traded that game in eleven and a half years ago.

Ollipop

Matthew
Years
I completed the Kanto Pokedex in LeafGreen. The only exceptions to those were the region locked, event Pokemon such as Mew/Celebi/etc. I did have Ho-Oh from Colosseum though!

Years
I have never completed any Pokedex, regional or National. I mostly blame it on me never being able to trade with someone.

Back