• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What should I do post-game?

Niko Collins

Psychoanalytic Red Mage
Years
Hey guys! So I finished Omega Ruby and I found myself not playing it for a while...It felt nice beating the game and I wonder what I should do now...what do you guys think? I know I should do the Delta episode but not that I have the Rayquaza given out and I discovred that the end of the game makes you get catch or battle a rayquaza and then deoxys...I got to thinking...I'll do the Delta Episode...but before I do..or somwhere between starting and finishing, what should I do? I'm super confused and I'm not to entirely sure what I should do.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Hey guys! So I finished Omega Ruby and I found myself not playing it for a while...It felt nice beating the game and I wonder what I should do now...what do you guys think? I know I should do the Delta episode but not that I have the Rayquaza given out and I discovred that the end of the game makes you get catch or battle a rayquaza and then deoxys...I got to thinking...I'll do the Delta Episode...but before I do..or somwhere between starting and finishing, what should I do? I'm super confused and I'm not to entirely sure what I should do.

What sorts of things do you like doing most in Pokemon games? Are you into competitive battling and team building? Do you like to go for Pokedex completion? Do you enjoy doing the Contests? ORAS does a good job at giving us a lot of things to do in the post-game, but it really comes down to what you most enjoy doing in Pokemon.

If you're looking to compete the Dex, you might be interested in visiting all of the Mirage Spots to catch the legendary Pokemon (you can catch the Lake Trio in Nameless Cavern, as an example). There's a lot of Mirage Spots to be found, and you can catch almost every non-event legendary Pokemon in ORAS, so that might be worth a try. You could also catch the Regi trio, which involves solving a few puzzles, so it's pretty rewarding when you catch all three of them.

If you like competitive battling, you could try to win some battle points in the Battle Maison at the Battle Resort.

I've been spending most of my time completing the Dex. It's a lot of work (fun work, of course), so if you go that route, it'll keep you occupied for a while, for sure ^^

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
Like the above poster said.
There is not really much the game forces you to do after the Delta Episode. Working out how to catch all the legendries with their weird schedules and criteria is fun if you don't use a guide.

I personally completed the pokedex only trading unobtainable Pokemon. Now I am working on a shiny dex which is a really time consuming endeavor and I am also planning on doing some competitive team building and some battling in the not to distance future.

But if not just explore see what you enjoy I do recommend doing the delta episode first just to knock it out of the way.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
When I completed Alpha Sapphire, I started completing the Dex. When I finished the Dex, I entered contests and played in Secret Bases. After that, I started breeding competitive Pokemon. There's lots of stuff to do post game, so just do what you want. Or you could restart the save and play it all over again. Whatever works for you.

Years
Like the others said, there's a very decent amount of postgame content. I mainly found myself doing contests and DexNav hunting, with some cool finds I got out of it. I even did catch a couple of legendaries and collected some Mega Stones, but then the unthinkable happened when my save file screwed up and never played it again since.

Back