• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water Bubbles

Years
_script__water_bubbles_add_on_for_essentials_by_kleinstudio-d8v2d8b.png

Configure the terrain tag where you want the bubbles to be displayed and done! I've include two pictures for the bubbles animation, you should put the pictures in Graphics folder. I've ripped the GBA style one but the 5 Gen one is ripped by Zenionith so if you use it, you should give credits to him.

Download: http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=13

How to install
Place the script in "script.txt" before main and "water.png" in Pictures folder. If you want to use the GBA styled, don't need to place the "water.png" picture, just the "waterGBA.png". Make sure you rename it to "water.png".

How to use
By default, water bubbles are showed in terrain tag number 16, you can change it modifying "WATERRAINTAG".
Invisible events will not have effect for water bubbles. Also, if you name add "/nowater/" to an event name or create a comment in the event with NoWater, it will not have water bubbles too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
thanks man I was looking for that for a long time, Also I was wondering if you have that water kind of beach animated tile that is on the HGSS picture ?

Years
I've updated the script fixing a bug with event graphic changes, if you're using the script, please, update to lastest version.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
For this script work on V17.2, change line '@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(@playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))' into '@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new($scene.spritesetglobal.playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))'.

Edit: Look at my below post.

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Sorry to necropost but anyone know how to fix its .z priority? I fixed like FL did:

unknown.png

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
Klein has another script on their site related to Z priority. Im not sure if it would fix this, but it's worth a shot if you haven't installed it yet.

Pikalex04

The Project Hyper creator (Discord: Pikalex04#3285
Years
But where can I find the script? The KleinStudio's link port me to a deleted page.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Klein has another script on their site related to Z priority. Im not sure if it would fix this, but it's worth a shot if you haven't installed it yet.

Nops... :/ Also, i checked: if you have a Dependency Event (like Brandon event into Route 3, vanilla PE) , wont show the effect to him too.

So, maybe we need to put add effect to Dependency Event inside the script.

EDIT: Also, if you install footprints scripts, will show footprints effect to Dependency Event (in case, to following pokemon). Weird. lol

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
For this script work on V17.2, change line '@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(@playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))' into '@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new($scene.spritesetglobal.playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))'.
Instead of doing the above step, do the below step:

Change line

Code:
@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(sprite,sprite.character,@viewport1)) if sprite.character!=$game_player
into
Code:
@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(sprite,sprite.character,Spriteset_Map.viewport)) if sprite.character!=$game_player'

And line
Code:
@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(@playersprite,$game_player,@viewport1,@map))
into
Code:
@waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new($scene.spritesetglobal.playersprite,$game_player,Spriteset_Map.viewport,@map))

This solves the z order issue.

EDIT: For working with dependent events (like pokémon following), before line
Code:
alias water_old_initialize initialize
add
Code:
class PokemonTemp
  attr_accessor :pendingWaterSprites
end

Change line
Code:
@sprite.dispose if @sprite && [email protected]? && !isInWaterTileId
into
Code:
@sprite.dispose if @sprite && [email protected]? && (!isInWaterTileId || @rsprite.disposed?)

Change line
Code:
return if disposed? or !isInWaterTileId
into
Code:
return if disposed? or (!isInWaterTileId || @rsprite.disposed?)

After line
Code:
water_old_update
add
Code:
if $PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites && !$PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites.empty?
  sprite = $PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites.pop
  @waterSprites.push(WaterAnim.new(sprite,sprite.character,Spriteset_Map.viewport))
end

On PField_DependentEvents, after line
Code:
@sprites.push(Sprite_Character.new(@viewport,event))
add
Code:
$PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites = [] if !$PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites
$PokemonTemp.pendingWaterSprites.push(@sprites[-1])

EDIT2: Fixed dependent events
EDIT3: Fixed save/load with dependent event.
EDIT4: Fixed a small mistake

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Instead of doing the above step, do the below step
If i save the game and load, the effect won't appears. Also, i check one more thing: if we have a event (NPC i.e) in different map, the effect only will show if the player are in the same map than NPC (Tall grass - same script base than Water Bubble - and footprints effects only appears if the player are in the same map than them):
unknown.png

unknown.png

Lazy Catalyst

What you do, the way you think, makes you differen
Years
That's an interesting finding Wolf I also noticed that after you posted this.

Back