BBaggins2112

Casual-est Fan

Male
Secrety secret place
Seen February 17th, 2018
Posted September 4th, 2017
4 posts
2.5 Years

extract gen 3 hacking suite and all its folders from the downloaded zip again somewhere. You will see a folder named Resources now. copy that folder where your previous gen 3 hacking suite is.
Problem will be resolved now.
(Your aforementioned problem happened cause u either deleted the Resources folder or moved gen 3 hacking suite.exe to a different folder without moving Resources folder along with it.
So , if u want to avoid this kind of issue not only with this tool but also others which have folders with them , make sure u move those files/folders if u move application to a different folder.)
I'm having the same problem, and this didn't fix it. I'm not sure if I misunderstood, but I still can't get the app to run. I'm running mac, so I don't think its even an exe file. Any help is much appreciated. I just want to rom hack.

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.

Male
Farmington AR
Seen June 23rd, 2019
Posted June 18th, 2019
61 posts
6.7 Years
This program is very great but it lacks one feature that I think could be useful; Tabbing. You can tab in the non-drop down boxes but you can't tab from the drop down boxes to the non drop down boxes which I find annoying when adding in moves. Just an idea for this.
Pokemon Platinum friend code 4th generation= 0948-1529-1887 (Discontinued due to Nintendo Wi-Fi being disabled)

If you want to port over the new routes introduced in HeartGold and SoulSilver that lead to the Safari Zone, then head over here and watch the thread for updates. So far, Cliffs Edge Gate, and Route 47 are done. Next up is the Cliffs Cave.

Working on a POKeMON Emerald hack. This will feature POKeMON from Shinnoh, but just the ones that evolve from POKeMON already in the Pokedex (Gallade, Dusknoir, Probopas, Frosslass, Magnezone, Rhyperior). The one exception may be EEVEE if I can get more evolutions added in so you can evolve to LEAFEON and GLACEON.

jta156

jta156

Male
Seen September 5th, 2019
Posted November 4th, 2018
3 posts
4.8 Years

I'm having the same problem, and this didn't fix it. I'm not sure if I misunderstood, but I still can't get the app to run. I'm running mac, so I don't think its even an exe file. Any help is much appreciated. I just want to rom hack.
Yeah I'm running into the same issue. I saw earlier in the thread that someone fixed this by moving the Resources folder and the PokeRoms.ini file into the dist folder, but that's not working for me. Try it and see.

BBaggins2112

Casual-est Fan

Male
Secrety secret place
Seen February 17th, 2018
Posted September 4th, 2017
4 posts
2.5 Years
Yeah I'm running into the same issue. I saw earlier in the thread that someone fixed this by moving the Resources folder and the PokeRoms.ini file into the dist folder, but that's not working for me. Try it and see.
Nope, nothing. I didn't have any other folder other than resources, so I tried making one and naming it dist (and disc and disk incase that was a typo), and got the same error.

Syogren

Syogren

Male
United States
Seen June 4th, 2017
Posted June 4th, 2017
2 posts
3.2 Years
Hello!

I have been using the program to edit pokemon genders. I had went through all the pokemon from Bulbasaur to just stopping short of Poliwag (minus the Nidos, although I did give Nidorina and Nidoqueen the ability to breed), when I encountered this error:

Piped error from sys.stderr: PLEASE REPORT

ERROR:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 675, in on_change_poke
File "<string>", line 769, in reload_tab_data
File "<string>", line 799, in reload_stuff
File "<string>", line 1163, in load_stats_into_boxes
File "/Users/homedepot326/Desktop/Secret-Tool-master/build/mainMAC/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 12996, in SetSelection
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item >= 0 && item < [m_comboBox numberOfItems]" failed at /BUILD/wxPython-src-3.0.0.0/src/osx/cocoa/combobox.mm(164) in SetSelectedItem(): Inavlid item index.

Since it said to report the error, here I am, reporting the error.

I'm using a Mac, if that helps...although from the looks like the error message already knew that.

Did I do something wrong?

Also on the last line of the error, "Invalid" was spelled wrong, but I'm not sure how big a deal that is.

This is all I'm aware of having done. It then asked to try to restore the ini. I said yes...and now I think it froze?

Another question: Is it possible to add an option to save as another file, so as not to overwrite the original? If not, I understand.
I'm the guy that does the thing. With the face.

KingJay

That Guy

Male
USA
Seen June 7th, 2017
Posted June 7th, 2017
26 posts
3.2 Years
Can I edit where I would find a pokemon in the wild on this? If so, how? If not, what tool would I use? I'm editing Fire Red.
"I don't have to know you, I may have not ever met you or ever meet you, but I want you to know that I love you. I love you first of all because the God that I serve says that we should love everyone. I also love you because it feels better to love than to hate."
-Stevie Wonder

ASDBUDDY

The Derp

Age 18
Male
aint gonna tell ya
Seen September 4th, 2019
Posted June 17th, 2019
347 posts
2.5 Years
Hi,So used this to add 3 new pokes(expanded the pokedex) and after doing and saving the ROM crashes after the title screen! I am sorry if this problem has been addressed before (39 pages are one too many to look through lol) But can you please help?(also will these newly addedvpokes be used as opponents pokemon?(i use advance trainer)
https://discord.gg/bEwyPd7
Seen October 11th, 2017
Posted June 28th, 2017
1 posts
2.3 Years
Okay so I'm probably just dumb but I was working on making a fun emerald from and when I went to test the changes, nothing had actually changed. I added an evolution to Beautifly and Dustox and neither worked, among other things. I feel like it has to do with .ini stuff because I don't really know what that is but a quick tutorial or something would be great because I'm really confused. ((Side note: What are the spawn evolution types?))

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel

Age 22
Male
Stage Left
Seen November 8th, 2018
Posted August 16th, 2018
157 posts
5.9 Years
Downloaded this because I can't bear to use pge on anything. I am using Dizzy egg's fresh emerald battle engine and expanded move tables, so all the level up learned move tables are stored with 3 bytes per move, not 2.

First thing I did was change the pointer you have in the rom for this, from 2 to 3. This just made it change the identifying byte of the rom without asking me and write a giant new waste of space ini with a 2 in its place. Then i decided to set the "use standard ini" byte to True and copy paste in my edited data over the top of the standard [bpee] data. This resulted in an error message about how malformed the ini was. I double checked, my values for everything that differs from the standard rombase (so move tables, move number, move names, ability number, etc) were all correct and working fine in the editor, and I tried making it pretend I had jambo151's patch on it but it just kept either reverting my changes or saying it was bugged. The only times I got it to read correctly were when it read bulbasaur's moves as ((((tackle)))) lv0, heat wave lv22 swallow lv 1 ((((leech seed))) lv0 etc!
It should be reading ((((tackle))) space 1, growl space 1, (((leech seed))) space 0
I also tried setting the value to 4, which obviously didn't work. It seems to be screwing up the level completely, but I mean it's pretty clear what's going on. PGE finds no issue at all once I've edited the ini correctly. Any idea what I've done wrong??

Okay so I'm probably just dumb but I was working on making a fun emerald from and when I went to test the changes, nothing had actually changed. I added an evolution to Beautifly and Dustox and neither worked, among other things. I feel like it has to do with .ini stuff because I don't really know what that is but a quick tutorial or something would be great because I'm really confused. ((Side note: What are the spawn evolution types?))
spawn evolution types are nincada making shedinja, I think.

What's possibly happened is you've made two tables for evolution data, one of which is referenced by the game itself and the other of which is a massive dud left earlier in the rom so the first one found by this thing when it searches. Have you been asked to repoint things or ticked any boxes asking old data not to be overwritten??

Can I edit where I would find a pokemon in the wild on this? If so, how? If not, what tool would I use? I'm editing Fire Red.
use "MEH"
Play Altered Emerald here!

Thanks to DizzyEgg and the EBEU team for the battle engine, features, and dynamic expansion, lu-ho for a-map, gamer2020 for pge, Microsoft Windows for Task Manager, about 5 different hex editors, Chaos rush for sprites and an animation disable tutorial, Spherical Ice for several excellent asm routines, Neon Skylar for Pokemon data past gen 3, YAPE while it lasted, Scizz, Knizz, darthatron's numerous tools, hackmew, Chronosplit and yall for playing.

Altered Emerald is off on break for a bit now. This patch is looking really nice and polished, so it's staying up for a while.

Froosty

The_Learner

Age 21
Male
Somewhere in this world.
Seen June 29th, 2019
Posted May 26th, 2018
543 posts
5.1 Years
Downloaded this because I can't bear to use pge on anything. I am using Dizzy egg's fresh emerald battle engine and expanded move tables, so all the level up learned move tables are stored with 3 bytes per move, not 2.
Thats why you are suggested to use PGE.
this tool is no longer being updated and PGE has support for 3 byte learnset.

luuma

Age 22
Male
Stage Left
Seen November 8th, 2018
Posted August 16th, 2018
157 posts
5.9 Years
Thats why you are suggested to use PGE.
this tool is no longer being updated and PGE has support for 3 byte learnset.
ew no, with pge you have to scroll down to the move rather than type its name. it's straight up the worst possible ui for entering in move data, I'd rather just use windhex

Anyone looking for a solution, what I did instead was go into the src folder in the main folder of the battle engine, and find the c file marked "Learnsets" and edit it. It's so, so much easier than pge. Shoutout to blah on the irc.

Thanks to DizzyEgg and the EBEU team for the battle engine, features, and dynamic expansion, lu-ho for a-map, gamer2020 for pge, Microsoft Windows for Task Manager, about 5 different hex editors, Chaos rush for sprites and an animation disable tutorial, Spherical Ice for several excellent asm routines, Neon Skylar for Pokemon data past gen 3, YAPE while it lasted, Scizz, Knizz, darthatron's numerous tools, hackmew, Chronosplit and yall for playing.

Altered Emerald is off on break for a bit now. This patch is looking really nice and polished, so it's staying up for a while.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!

Male
Distant Land
Seen September 15th, 2019
Posted January 6th, 2019
942 posts
11.4 Years
ew no, with pge you have to scroll down to the move rather than type its name. it's straight up the worst possible ui for entering in move data, I'd rather just use windhex

Anyone looking for a solution, what I did instead was go into the src folder in the main folder of the battle engine, and find the c file marked "Learnsets" and edit it. It's so, so much easier than pge. Shoutout to blah on the irc.
You're not doing it right then...

luuma

Age 22
Male
Stage Left
Seen November 8th, 2018
Posted August 16th, 2018
157 posts
5.9 Years
You're not doing it right then...
What's the right way, man? I can't enter in the precise name of moves on my copy of your software, so I have to just keep moving to a rough location and tapping the first letter to scroll through. That's a pain in the ass for anything with more than say 200 moves.

Typing things out into the c files in the battle upgrader is easier and faster, and also makes changing the order a piece of cake with copy and paste. The same benefit is there for hex editors! Typing the two bytes I need off of the bulbapedia list of moves takes way less time than hitting the letter s 5 times in a row, clumsily missing the move I want, and having to scroll up and do it again. Am I missing a secret keyboard shortcut? I haven't found any yet!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!

Male
Distant Land
Seen September 15th, 2019
Posted January 6th, 2019
942 posts
11.4 Years
What's the right way, man? I can't enter in the precise name of moves on my copy of your software, so I have to just keep moving to a rough location and tapping the first letter to scroll through. That's a pain in the ass for anything with more than say 200 moves.

Typing things out into the c files in the battle upgrader is easier and faster, and also makes changing the order a piece of cake with copy and paste. The same benefit is there for hex editors! Typing the two bytes I need off of the bulbapedia list of moves takes way less time than hitting the letter s 5 times in a row, clumsily missing the move I want, and having to scroll up and do it again. Am I missing a secret keyboard shortcut? I haven't found any yet!
Type part of name, then hit the down arrow.

luuma

Age 22
Male
Stage Left
Seen November 8th, 2018
Posted August 16th, 2018
157 posts
5.9 Years
Type part of name, then hit the down arrow.
I must be using an old version. This doesn't work for editing movesets for me!

Advertiser Content