ThatOneBritish

Age 18
Male
UK
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
19 posts
1.6 Years
Hey there! I'm new to the community and although I've played a bunch of rom hacks and fan games in my time, I'm currently looking for new ones! I'll attempt to list the ones I've made, but feel free to give me suggestions!

If you've got your own game to suggest, why don't you?

List of games I've played:
  • Dark Rising (Currently playing)
  • Ash Gray
  • Red Chapter
  • Sweet (Will play soon)
There's probably more, but I'm pretty forgetful! :laugh-squinted:

46 Days until Pokémon Sword and Shield!
#GrookeyGang
Seen March 27th, 2018
Posted March 22nd, 2018
1 posts
1.6 Years
My 11 year old wants to do a Let's Play for a Pokemon fan game on our Pokemon channel. This will be the first fan game he's played. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something fairly short and not too difficult.

We have a pretty small channel, so barring some sort of miracle, there's very little hope that the creator gets much of a bump from our promotion. Thanks!

Fairy Type

Majestic Fairies

Seen May 23rd, 2019
Posted September 18th, 2018
202 posts
8 Years
For some reason Im just really interested In playing a good fan game.

Preferably one thats finished, if not atleast 8 gyms of progress. As little fakemon as possible.

since the best game is subjective, I just wanna know what you believe to be the best availible now.

I'll probably try the ones mentioned the most or something.

I really appreciate the help!
Seen September 11th, 2018
Posted April 23rd, 2018
8 posts
1.6 Years
Hi there, I'm looking for a really good experience replaying 1st generation in Fire Red and because there are a LOT of hacks around here and I didn't find what I'm looking for I come here to ask.

Basically I'd like to replay 1st generation with:

- Only 151
- More challenging game (best teams of leaders and trainers and so on)
- Please completed version. I don't want to spend my time and then won't be able to finish the game
- If it's possible rematches with leaders
- Great post game it'd be nice too

So that's it, and yes I'm really nostalgic and want to feel again the hard work of becoming the best trainer in the world!
Male
Seen July 18th, 2018
Posted April 26th, 2018
1 posts
1.5 Years
It looks like I have to post 5 times before attaching a link to my posts, but my game recently came out and I'd love it if some of you guys were to play it and send me your feedback. Pokmon Clockwork is the title

We also have a discord that anyone is able to join. But like I said, I can't make a post with a link in it yet so I'll see you guys again in 3 more posts.
Seen May 7th, 2018
Posted May 7th, 2018
1 posts
1.4 Years
Appologies to moderators, didn't see first pinned topic. :( I opened new topic without seeing this one. -.- Appologies again. You can delete opened topic and leave this post only ....

Anyway ....

Hi all. :D New person here. ^^

I wanted to ask; I'm not really a super huge pokemon fans in terms of playing pokemon all the time, but I like them. I only played Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. And from the hacked games ... I only played Pokemon Shiny Gold X. Now ... I was looking for something on youtube other day, and video came out from "RuffledRowlit" about top 10/5 list of fan games. Problem is; he mentioned like 20ish games, and I'm pretty sure that some of them are not completed, I guess bigger part isn't ... and I don't like to play unfinished games so ... My question is; does anyone have suggestion for some finished fan games which are descent? :D I kinda look first to start with Etheral Gates, ... I also got idea for other Pokemon games which are official ... but other then that, any suggestion for finished fan games?

Thanks. :)
Hawk.

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
33,067 posts
11.9 Years
which would be the best rom hacked to try on gba as a beginner to play
Hi! Just so you know, I moved your post to a thread more suited for your question. Good luck!

Disturbed

Age 26
Seen September 2nd, 2019
Posted August 29th, 2019
1,913 posts
11.4 Years
which would be the best rom hacked to try on gba as a beginner to play
Pretty much any of the GBA hacks that won Hack of the Year would be a good place to start!

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406522
Seen June 9th, 2018
Posted May 31st, 2018
2 posts
1.4 Years
What's a good hack for Nuzlockes?

Things I'd consider important for such hack, in order of priority:

-Pokemon rebalances. No "s***mons" that are worthless, things like base stat changes, extra moves, retypings or good abilities for weaker pokemon. Also with the intent of removing the extreme redundancy of plenty of pokemon in the span of the generations.

-All pokemon, moves, items, abilities and mechanics from later generations(in case of gen 3 hacks)

-Actual item variety! None of these games where things like choice items and life orb are basically locked into the post-game, letting players get and use them early on is a good thing, even things like stat-increasing berries(salac, liechi, etc) and power herb/white herb/etc are good additions for the sake of variety and strategy

-Proper level curve and difficulty, enemy trainers with decent teams and such

-No HM moves, probably hard to come by, but it's good so you don't have to waste move slots on pointless moves. At least HM rebalancing, if possible.

Based on that, what would be the best hack you can recommend me? Thanks in advance.
Seen June 6th, 2018
Posted June 6th, 2018
9 posts
4.3 Years
I haven't played many fan games, but Pokemon Uranium is definitely what I'd recommend. It's (as good as) complete, at least playable to beyond the pokemon league, and is really up to par with the official games. With an interesting story and original, unique twist to the gameplay.

I also would like to ask, some or many fangames provided on this site are .ips files. How do I play those? Windows can't start them directly, nor do I know what kind of emulator can run .ips files.
Seen July 9th, 2018
Posted June 26th, 2018
11 posts
1.3 Years
Hey I haven't played ROMs since emerald 386 lol. I'm just browsing and it's overwhelming so many now adays. My apologies if this is in the wrong place I'm just not sure where I can put this be to ask. I'm looking for a new rom or two to start playing again. I really perfer the game to be in English. And I'd like it to be complete I don't want to play a beta then not gonna be completed that what sucked in the past all these ROMs and none were complete. My main aspect I'm looking for in the game is having all pokemon up to gen 7 catchable or obtainable at some point in the game any other perks like story and come second to me. Thanks for your time for reading this if it is read
Seen December 26th, 2018
Posted June 12th, 2018
1 posts
1.3 Years
Hey everyone!
I'm looking for any great ROM hacks that have regions that are based on real world states or countries. The base game doesn't matter, but I'm just looking for people's renditions! Oh, and whether or not it has fakemon doesn't matter. Thanks in advance! (I have a Mac so most fan games are a no-go unfortunately T-T)
Advertiser Content