Age 29
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,381 posts
9.3 Years

Orpheus Ejemo

"Haha... you're a very modest young lad, are you not?" Lusamine pointed out. Orph shrugged, an apologetic smile on his face.

"Very well then. Allow me just one more question before I send you back to reality, then. In front of you, there are two pokemon: one representing freedom, and one representing order. Which would you choose?"

"Freedom or order? That's kinda vague... I guess freedom would be preferable, but order is essential to society. Without order, nothing would ever get done. But without freedom, life isn't really worth living... Me personally, I'd take the Pokemon that represents order. I feel like that one would have a good head on its shoulders, and we'd get along really well."

"It was fun talking to you, my lady. Not sure if you're a dream, or an astral projection, or just me going crazy, but it's been fun. Maybe I'll see you again some day?"

Female
Seen December 15th, 2018
Posted December 26th, 2016
8 posts
3 Years
Seems much better to me!

Only concern is, do you promise to be active? Right now you only have 3 posts, so I'm just concerned about your activity on that front.
I promise I'll be active, your posting requirments should be easily kept :) I'm just more of a lurker then a poster.
"I will make you beautiful!"

ShaymieTheShaymin

i see stars

Age 20
Female
musical land
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted April 23rd, 2019
676 posts
7.4 Years
Man, sickness and finals is not a good combination. Progress has been slow, but thankfully tomorrow's another half day of school and I should be able to finish. :3
now that's a party!

it's a revenge party with your two
best friends~
Pairs♥amerininja and TheZenTraveler
Age 99
Non-binary
Seen October 29th, 2018
Posted October 29th, 2018
240 posts
3.4 Years

?
Whereabouts
Temperament
Insight
Accolades

~ MAKOA HALLUCINATES!

Drunk from a surreal sensation identical to the experience of become dazing by some thunderous impact followed by a excruciatingly hot white flash, Makoa could barely grasp his own cognition to collect his thoughts within this wondrous sea that occupied the cavities of his mind. At least, he assumed this was some hazy dream he stumbled into after passing out from heatstroke after a long day working out in the sun as the usual drudge he was. This odd scenario was nothing disconcerting for Makoa, as his barren body developed a propensity to naturally collapse under an accumulation of heat waves seemingly without suffering from any long-term mortal conditions. At least, that's how it's always been for the former chucker; never did he ever consider his life to be in any real peril. Concluding that he had but a minor mishap and would shortly meet the living world once more, Makoa quickly relieved himself of any anxiety or doubt he may have had before and glued his expectations to the standard procedure when handling these trips.

But an unanticipated occurrence struck the chrome dome with a jolt and a chill, displacing certainty with a hint of fear. There was a peculiar voice spawned from the mouth of a woman's... or so Makoa surely thought to himself. Perhaps it could have been a very, very delicate male who was capable of being as handsome as any other male; obviously excluding the paradigm of burliness, which was Makoaor so he liked to believe.

Amidst his own stupefaction, a few uttered words scurried past his ears and Makoa nearly missed the opportunity to hear the rest of this rather alluring stranger's ornate oration. " Now don't fret, you're not dead. Or perhaps we are dead and we're just in limbo right now. I can never figure out which, " they assured Makoa of his well-being with a superfluous amount of dismay, " Whichever the case may be, I am a goddess here. Your goddess. Now, don't try and run away... I will catch you and pinch you by the ears, and it will hurt. Just stay calm, and listen to what I'm about to ask you. "

"First Question: what sorts of Pokémon do you love the most? "

" Pyukumuku, " was the first thing to come into the gofer's barren head. There was no hesitation and no further elaboration beyond awkward silence. Contextually, one could easily interpret that instantaneous answer as both facetious and snide; though oddly enough, Makoa was indeed being sincere despite how poorly crude his response was. Given his past experience working with the aforementioned Pyukumuku, this chucker has grown quite fond of species and even managed to tame one as his very first Pocket Monster.

" Very well, " Lusamine replied, " In my own answer, I would harness all Pokémon to my arms, even those from places and regions far away from this one... Is not what a true goddess of beauty does? " she rhetorically asked, though Makoa believed it to be a legitimate question given the circumstances, " Now, see? That wasn't so hard. If you keep answering questions like a good obedient child, I will accept your beauty. Now then... "

" Second Question: What sort of Pokemon Trainer will you be? "

Unlike before, Makoa actually took a moment to conjure up an answer, if only for the slightest second. Perking himself up with a newfound bravado, he called out his own confidence through a pose comparable to a superstar from a cheesy action flick. Locked in stance, he boldly exclaimed : " There's only one viable answer for that question, " he boldly exclaimed as if making a concrete statement, " and that is, to be the very best -- compassion, power, courage and even love; Makoa shall transcend all of them and more, to achieve divine allure across the globe and usher humanity into a new shining era! Why, anything less would be a fruitless gesture! "

(Special shoutout to Kiyo/Elwood, inspirational credit for the CSS style and almost everything else. I am one of his lovestruck fangirls ~ squeeee)

---

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫

Seen January 8th, 2017
Posted January 8th, 2017
732 posts
4.2 Years
(( more or less, robin is more uncertain, irresolute. i'm going to develop into someone confident, more forward, firm. that's the plan. (: ))

Robin Layton

Ah...! He remembers now who she is and her words. Silly him, he was more focused on where he is and how it happened that he did not absorbed the introduction she put forth. The Aether Foundation, well-known for their nature to love all Pokemon and care for them.

To think, he’d encounter their President. It felt humbling at the same time, made him a bit skittish. Lusamine had a presence that overwhelmed his. Brighter, beautiful, she shined and dazzled so much it was too blinding. Definitely a goddess, she is. (And yet–?)

He shifted in his feet, the way she said her answer made him… uncomfortable? You can say. “But…” he starts and the words he was about to say faded away, hesitant to counter with his reply. Then what of the trainers who loved theirs? It’s impossible to have them all, it will never be simple. Robin wanted to say. It is unrealistic, a faraway dream that would never happen.

(No, you can’t fulfil it into an exact T but does that mean you can’t do all you can to make it true? That you can’t have them all doesn’t mean that you can’t protect most? Small steps, even just a quarter, to make it come true and that is enough.)

Scrambling for something to say, he was relieved when a question had been asked. He brightens up at the second one, which he can answer with no doubt. “I’ll be the trainer that would trust their potential to grow and for them to trust me in return.” Robin smiled, tad happy, starting to getting carried away. “I won’t let them down no matter what; I’d be with them till the end. I won’t give up. A trainer that they’d be proud of! I’d love them with all my heart.” here, his smile softened. “I’d be the trainer whose Pokemon will feel mutually; treasuring another and moving forward together, no matter the bumps we face.”

Though it can’t be possible, for not all would be moved and not all would change even through bonds that they may ignore. Robin won’t give up, the world is black and white and he’ll do his best.

That is, if he can.

He’d overcome the challenges… right?

Magnificent Magilou

Perfalmost Victory!

Age 33
Female
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
743 posts
8.9 Years
Will Xander
Somewhere In Alola
Prologue | Interview With A Goddess

Current Party:

Will closed his eyes for a moment, thinking carefully on just how to respond to this question. He had never really expected to be asked about which sort of Pokémon he would be. In fact, it vaguely reminded him of some sort of personality quiz that one would see in those teen girl magazines.

"...Grass," Will eventually answered, returning his gaze onto Lusamine. "People always give it a hard time, but... I've always looked at grass types in a different light. They've got a vulnerable side to them, yeah. But at the same time, they have the potential to grow strong and beautiful at the same time. In a way, I think that as a new trainer, that would describe me in a sense. I know it probably sounds weird, but..."

He shook his head, before giving the woman a quick smile. He had given the self-proclaimed Goddess the answer to her question. Now, he just needed to wait and see if she approved.

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
10,497 posts
6.1 Years
Woo, well done friends! IC will pop up sometime today, so have a lookout for that! Lemme explain about the Roleplay IC: obviously your character would have no memory about what has happened within their 'dream' or whatever you want to call it, so they'd go on their day like normal.

When your character arrives in the Alolan Festival, they will get whatever starter pokemon they need to get, and they will be organized sorta randomly in one of two teams: Team Sun, or Team Moon, led by two captains. Your character will receive points for whatever missions or battles that will go on the RP, which will also count for points for their team. But just because they are in a team, doesn't mean that your character have to go along with a group. You can go along the journey as an individual, or you can work together with other characters, or maybe you'd like to meet rivals from the other team; it's up to what you want to do.

Being connected with each other is something that I'd recommend doing to get the most enjoyment out of this journey RP (or heck any RPs in general), so obviously feel free to interact with characters anytime they're ready to, but you're also free to create your own plotlines and such too. You'll see the main plot as we go along this RP, of course. So, stay strong, and stay diligent!

That being said, two questions - is there anything you want out of this RP? Like experiences, or any concerns, any suggestions, and whatnot?

Which character other than your own, interests you? o:

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
10,497 posts
6.1 Years
Quick question - do you want me to answer (IC ofc) Lusamine's question? Unsure cause I joined late
You can, if you wanna get warmed up before the IC gets here~

Pudding

[ alegría ]

Female
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
374 posts
2.9 Years
Oh haha, loved the mock-up interview! It did help me get a better feel of my character before I jump in, not to mention something to look back on if I have writer's block.

But that aside, quite ecstatic for the IC!
That being said, two questions - is there anything you want out of this RP? Like experiences, or any concerns, any suggestions, and whatnot?

Experiences are what I'm aiming for. To make friends, both in the RP and out if possible, as well as a means to better my writing and keeping in character. It will be both a rewarding and growing experience for me (:

As for characters, they all interest me! I'm looking forward to getting to see everybody unravel and reveal their character's true colors, or Pokemon's if they place emphasis on them, as the RP progresses. Also just as curious as to what friendships (and possibly relationships?) will form, both obvious and surprising ones ^ ^

Evily

Poke is Life! :3

Female
Everywhere :3
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
124 posts
2.9 Years

Out of this RP, probably experience. That would help, since this is my first time doing an RP. Seeing how others do it, learned mistakes, future advice's...

And all the characters got me. They all seem very interesting. Can't wait to work with them!

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫

Seen January 8th, 2017
Posted January 8th, 2017
732 posts
4.2 Years
Ooooh, for the main characters to interact with one another, not just three or four. If you get what I mean. My english vocabulary is down the drain to explain, my head's a bit whoozy. I think I'm going to get sick because my mom's having coughs and my brother too. I'm starting to feel heavy. ;;

The characters - well. All of them! Have to admit, Makoa had my full attention. xD He's very colorful! I'm excited for the IC! Will Robin get a fellow traveler companion? Hmmm, possibly. Or maybe not. I can't wait...!

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 25 Minutes Ago
33,077 posts
11.9 Years
Finally finished my SU haha. If you already read it, fellow player, please re-read as I changed some things c:

Excited for the RP! Also, the IC is up now (; https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=385657

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
10,497 posts
6.1 Years
Guess who's stuck with no internet until tomorrow morning (hopefully) and has to rely on phone Wi-Fi? I have the worst luck. xD
Take your time. xD

By the by, I didn't realize how popular this RP would be from the get-go, soooo, I'm going to allow more starters! Basically the only starters that I didn't list: the Kalos (froakie, fennekin, chespin), Unova, and the Sinnoh (turwig, cimchar, piplup) starters. Any new members signing up can choose one of those starters, as well as the optional secondary pokemon.

As for astral signs, you can probably pick your own away from the 12 (or those that weren't taken already), and maybe I can set up a plot for that. o:
Age 99
Non-binary
Seen October 29th, 2018
Posted October 29th, 2018
240 posts
3.4 Years
I personally hope there are opportunities for us to focus on our Pokemon and maybe flesh out their own individual characters rather than define them purely on running gags and combat prowess. I don't want glorified tomagotchi pets that only serve to enforce the feats of human characters. Just something that helps the expand on the relationship between humans and Pokemon so it feels less one-dimensional.

I also hope for frequent OOC events (like the interview) to make things more engaging, rather than limiting this thread to just asking questions strictly relevant to the RP such as what missions everyone wants to take on. I feel like excluding laid-back chats to just places like Skype or Discord can become too cloistered for my tastes, and more general discussions should be presented here for casual fun that's accessible to anybody. : )

I AM CRAZY FOR FEMBOY

And Toby Cannon wins the accolade for best name.

Have to admit, Makoa had my full attention. xD He's very colorful!
it's evident that Makoa's technicolor glasses are OP
---

Jay

R I S E

Age 22
Male
Ireland
Seen July 25th, 2019
Posted April 7th, 2019
766 posts
4.6 Years

Ryker Griffith Ward

Ryker is 22 years of age.

Ryker is male.

Ophiuchus

Ryker, standing at a respectable 5'10" is a young man whom is fully entering into the prime of his youth. He was once a sickly and ill looking young man, but experience and time spent as a pokémon trainer have given him a new lease on life for the most part... although he often has bags under his eyes... though they aren't as noticeable with his new Unova sun-given tan. His hair is clean, and flows messily in the wind, the black mop hanging around his face. A scar on his head causes a cowlick to spike up in the middle of this bundle of nonsense, but he gave up on keeping that thing down years ago. He kind of just accepts its presence now and moves on. Ryker, since deciding to take better care of himself, is rather attractive as foreigners to Alola go. He has a winning smile and a charming smirk that's often half hidden behind an unkempt fringe, his eyes, when not red with bloodshot or tired with bags, are a nice shade of deep brown and give a slightly aloof and mysterious vibe to his appearance in their slanting. He has a small and slightly stubby nose, but it's hardly so big a deal as to take away from his appearance, if anything it's the sort of thing that his elderly female relatives would describe as "cute as a button".

Ryker is almost always seen, when he is actually outdoors to be seen, wearing a signature black and red tracksuit combo that could easily be mistaken for sleepwear to the untrained eye. The black and red colour scheme is a favourite combination of Ryker's, not because he thinks it is "edgy" or "cool", but simply because he likes the way they go together... as such this pair of hues is found on most articles of Ryker's clothing, including his flat top sneakers and the old sports backpack that has sat on his back every day ever since his first step towards a new journey in Unova all those years ago. Apart from everything mentioned above, his appearance is rather unremarkable, he has normal hands with no visible scarring... his ears are often hidden behind his hair and invisible to the naked eye, regardless they're as simple as ears can be... the scar on his head in unnoticeable and the scar on his shoulder is often covered up by his clothing. All in all, Ryker is an interesting looking fellow, attractive though with an odd sense of fashion... and certainly more well groomed than he was in years gone by.

Experienced Battler:
Video games, battle analysis, in field experience. These three factors have refined Ryker's battling ability to a rather potent edge. He knows the ins and outs of a pokémon battle and he knows the best ways to draw out the inner strength of his partners on the field. He'll push them towards their strengths and use others to cover their weaknesses, he analyzes the appropriate terrain and opponents for his team to face, he chooses the right moves for the right situation and utilizes them in ways that aren't always what one might expect. All in all, Ryker has a certain talent for battling... and a few years experience under his belt definitely hasn't broken his stride.

Smooth Talker:
Ryker has always been a good talker, years of weaseling his way out of work have lent him the ground work of a silver tongue, but boosted confidence and social interactions in his past journeys have bolstered it to a higher level. It's astounding just how much Ryker is able to talk himself out of... they say that coercion and misdirection will only get you so far, but Ryker just shrugs, he hasn't reached his limit yet.

Innovative Thinker:
Ryker has thought outside the box all his life, an outlier when it comes to perception and battle, he utilizes unorthodox tactics to succeed in the arena and in his everyday life. He's no grand genius or anything of the sort, but his ability to strategically approach situations has proven itself useful to him over the years. Not every battle is one through brute force and careful aim, not every problem is readily solved by the simplest solution, Ryker is especially aware of this.

Determined:
Ryker, a long time ago, was the laziest person there was. He wouldn't do anything for anybody unless there was dire need and he'd walk right past the smaller problems because in his eyes they didn't matter... or at the very least someone else would do it, just not him. The journey to save his sister in Unova all those years ago, as well as his meeting Audrey and becoming romantically involved with her, has changed him for the better, however. While still not the most active person out there, he has a new found determination to complete his goals. Even if it takes him a little longer than most, he'll always finish what he's started and he'll strive with all he has to never let anyone down.

Physically Weak:
Ryker isn't the most active person, he walks a lot and battles a tonne, but neither of those really build muscle mass or stamina. He can hold his own in most situations... but in a physical fight or put up against a challenge of physicality at all? He quickly falls short of the mark. His girlfriend has been pushing him to get fitter, really she has, but his old motivational issues seem to strike him here more than anywhere else these days.

Sleepy:
While not exactly overly lazy anymore, Ryker finds himself with a new issue. All this exerted effort makes him absolutely exhausted. If allowed to lie down anywhere for long enough he'll probably fall asleep. Keep him away from shaded trees on grassy fields, park benches, flat sun drenched walls and other such surprisingly comfortable areas because he isn't likely to leave for a while once he settles down.

Stubborn:
Ryker likes to do things his own way... and while he most certainly isn't rude about it, he really doesn't appreciate changing for anyone because they say so. He has a plan? He wants to stick to his plan. He's going somewhere in particular? He doesn't want to take any detours. He sees something he doesn't like? He's not just going to let it go by unnoticed. Many people cite this new side of him as being developed from his growing confidence in himself, most people agree that it can get rather irritating to deal with.

Eccentric:
Ryker is a self proclaimed shut in video game and anime enthusiast. While being more social than ever he still doesn't fully grasp some social norms, and in fact his stubborn nature leads him to actively oppose a few of them. He likes to be himself, even though "himself" isn't always what people want or expect from him. He often wonders what Audrey sees in him, but hey, he isn't complaining either. In his eyes this eccentricity could be as much an advantage as it is a weakness.

To be written.

Ryker picked this turtwig because he thought the twig on her head was cute.

Bonsai. Ryker thinks he's heard of tiny trees in Johto with that name.

Bonsai is a female pokémon.

- Tackle

- Withdraw

- Absorb

- Razor Leaf

- Tickle (Egg Move)

Fluff is the pokémon of Ryker's sister... but he was desperate to see more of the world and become stronger. Ryker took the little Minccino to Alola with him on his sisters request.

Fluff. His sister named it.

Fluff is a male pokémon.

- Pound

- Baby Doll Eyes

- Helping Hand

- Double Slap

- Encore

- Iron Tail (Egg Move)

Jay

R I S E

Age 22
Male
Ireland
Seen July 25th, 2019
Posted April 7th, 2019
766 posts
4.6 Years
A man out of his teens, with some sort of motivational issue, who is physically below average, with a Grass type starter and a Ghost types companion? Sounds fun. I wonder how he and Orph will get along.
Oh, damn, haven't really read the SU's yet since Ryker is an older character, my go to guy for journey RPs usually. Didn't realize he and Orpheus had many similarities.

Still don't worry, he isn't finished just yet. I've just updated strengths and weaknesses since the previous SU represents an 18 year old Ryker and not how he is now, you'll find he and Orpheus are far more different now. Just for the sake of diversity, I changed his second starter too, I prefer the new option anyway since it has more sentimental meaning to Ryker.

Still, in regards to interaction, I think Ryker would see Orph as a sort of reflection of the kind of person he used to be. There could be potential for some good interaction if they got to know each other I think. Since Ryker doesn't want to be a hypocrite... but also now realizes that being lazy is easy, but not always the best option as he once thought.

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
10,497 posts
6.1 Years
Ryker Ward
Looking good! Accepted!

We have plans for the story, so, please lemme know if anything is amiss!

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
10,497 posts
6.1 Years
For those of you posted so far, lemme explain my recent post:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9521154&postcount=11

You remember that scene in sun and moon where the protagonist slowly lifts up their starter pokemon? It was supposed to symbolize that the starter pokemon 'accepts' the trainer in some way.

Figured maybe we can do that here, except open up more freedom for characterization for your Pokemon! For those of you who hadn't post yet - don't rush; feel free to jump in anytime, and we can still re-create that scene, or if you have something different in mind, feel free to suggest it too.

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 25 Minutes Ago
33,077 posts
11.9 Years
I really like your css setup! Do you think blade would mind if I borrow it too? Not sure I will, since I prefer to not have css in the IC haha, but ah.

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
10,497 posts
6.1 Years
Are we doing the Alola custom on stage or like, how does it go?
Pretend its a big stage; you can easily do it on there.
Advertiser Content