the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years

Female
Italy
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
542 posts
92 Days
Long time MH player, even if my last game was sadly 4U - which I still play btw, if anyone wants to go for a couple random hunts I'm more than up for it!
I never got Gen because I was sure Gen Ultimate would come out so I kept waiting for that, only for it to come out for the switch... and getting Gen now knowing that I'm missing all the Gen Ultimate stuff is... meh.
As for World my old laptop can't run it but I hope to be able to join the New World hunters when I get a new one...

But I'm always up for some 4U missions as long as time zone allow it!

To spark some discussion: what's everyone favorite "low rank" monster here?
Mine has to be Nerscylla. It's just... such a well designed monster. Everything from it's design to it's animations are done according to it's lore which is great and make it seem so real.
Like the fact that when it puts you to sleep with it's stinger, Nerscylla will slowly approach the hunter and visibly check that they really are asleep... and then you realize that it makes totally sense for it to do it because their favorite prey are Gypceros, which are famous for playing death. Of course a Nerscylla would learn to check first!

It's such a cool little detail and it blew my mind when I realized it.
My VPP

Bellsprout @ 463
Hatch @ 478
Victreebell @ Level 100: 613

Nah

Age 27
Female
Online now
Posted 22 Minutes Ago
13,678 posts
5.9 Years
what exactly counts as a "low rank monster" here?
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

the_fast_reader

Female
Italy
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
542 posts
92 Days
Monsters that appear in the first couple ranks/missions of the game, basically not elder dragons or really late game stuff...
It changes a bit from game to game but usually low rank is around 1-4 star missions and high rank which introduces elder dragons and the more challenging monsters is around 5-7 stars.
My VPP

Bellsprout @ 463
Hatch @ 478

Nah

Age 27
Female
Online now
Posted 22 Minutes Ago
13,678 posts
5.9 Years
I think in that case, Glavenus would count, so that'd be my answer

Couldn't really explain why though, I've ironically usually not been good at explaining why I like the things I do lol
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
Long time MH player, even if my last game was sadly 4U - which I still play btw, if anyone wants to go for a couple random hunts I'm more than up for it!
I never got Gen because I was sure Gen Ultimate would come out so I kept waiting for that, only for it to come out for the switch... and getting Gen now knowing that I'm missing all the Gen Ultimate stuff is... meh.
As for World my old laptop can't run it but I hope to be able to join the New World hunters when I get a new one...

But I'm always up for some 4U missions as long as time zone allow it!

To spark some discussion: what's everyone favorite "low rank" monster here?
Mine has to be Nerscylla. It's just... such a well designed monster. Everything from it's design to it's animations are done according to it's lore which is great and make it seem so real.
Like the fact that when it puts you to sleep with it's stinger, Nerscylla will slowly approach the hunter and visibly check that they really are asleep... and then you realize that it makes totally sense for it to do it because their favorite prey are Gypceros, which are famous for playing death. Of course a Nerscylla would learn to check first!

It's such a cool little detail and it blew my mind when I realized it.
Welcome to the club, Hunter! What are your weapon main(s)? I'll add you to our list of members. n_n;

It's been a hot minute since I played 4U. Ever since Gen and GenU came out I've been exclusively on those, but I do really miss a good Pink Rathian fight.

As for your question, I have to agree with Nerscylla being my favorite! I was so, so happy to see it return in GenU. The lore of the monster is very true to the MH world and it's such a satisfying fight. I also really like Mizutsune's, Tetsucabra's, and Daimyo Hermitaur's LR fights! They hook you up with some really good armors early on. :)

the_fast_reader

Female
Italy
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
542 posts
92 Days
Welcome to the club, Hunter! What are your weapon main(s)? I'll add you to our list of members. n_n;
I main the Hunting Horn mostly, but I also like to use the Bow, Greatsword and Heavy Bowguns sometimes. HH is still my most used weapons by a long margin, I just really like the multitasking challenge of hitting the monster while keeping the songs up.
My VPP

Bellsprout @ 463
Hatch @ 478

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
I main the Hunting Horn mostly, but I also like to use the Bow, Greatsword and Heavy Bowguns sometimes. HH is still my most used weapons by a long margin, I just really like the multitasking challenge of hitting the monster while keeping the songs up.
Added! :)

Hunting Horn is underrated, imo. It's the only slow/heavy weapon I actually play cause it's so technical and I really appreciate the support options it brings. And like, when you get Movement Speed Up, your equipped running speed is faster than SnS and I just love little details like that so much. :')

Nah

Age 27
Female
Online now
Posted 22 Minutes Ago
13,678 posts
5.9 Years
So I beat my first EX Deviant today: Dreadqueen Rathian

Carted once and it took between 40 and 45 minutes, but I did it. Almost have the set maxed out too, just need some more shards and cortexes to do it.
Nah ンン

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
887 posts
1.4 Years
So I totally forgot to post my progress in Mhgen lol. Anyway, I beat the game, it was a lot of fun, and in hunter hub I'm rank... 29 or 30.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
So I beat my first EX Deviant today: Dreadqueen Rathian

Carted once and it took between 40 and 45 minutes, but I did it. Almost have the set maxed out too, just need some more shards and cortexes to do it.
Congrats!! EX monsters are in a league of their own compared to any other monsters, so I give you major props! I’ve only taken down EX Mizu, Dreadking, Glav, and.. Dreadqueen (??? I think tbh I don’t remember) but of course they were for other hunter’s quests so I don’t get credit lol.

And congrats Umbreon! Endgame MHGen is really fun, I definitely recommend getting all the deviant armors and transferring everything to Gen Ultimate if you have a Switch! Trust me, they’ll come in handy, haha.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
887 posts
1.4 Years
Congrats!! EX monsters are in a league of their own compared to any other monsters, so I give you major props! I’ve only taken down EX Mizu, Dreadking, Glav, and.. Dreadqueen (??? I think tbh I don’t remember) but of course they were for other hunter’s quests so I don’t get credit lol.

And congrats Umbreon! Endgame MHGen is really fun, I definitely recommend getting all the deviant armors and transferring everything to Gen Ultimate if you have a Switch! Trust me, they’ll come in handy, haha.
thanks! I'll try to get all the deviant armors, I have base level Hblade Galvenus and max level dreadqueen armor. A nd unfortunately I don't have a switch xb my parents won't let me buy one. To expensive I think.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
Get ready Hunters, Yian Garuga is being added to MH World..

...yayy... -______________-;

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 29
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 54 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Yet another reason for me not to buy Iceborne! They just keep adding the most infuriating monsters in the franchise...except for Rajang, anyway. That's probably only a matter of time though.

I had my fill of Yian Garuga doing the Deadeye deviant...I never did the EX one, though. Finding a room for it was impossible...probably with good reason. xD

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
Next they'll add Gypceros cause fml

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
If only they'd bring back Raging Brachy, bwahaha.

But what, that makes all of three blast blight monsters in World? pfffft. Out of the 8 or so we deal with in other versions? I scoff at their tenderness to these hunters lol.

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 29
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 54 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
After charm farming in GU for probably around 50 hours I never want to see Brachydios again, raging or otherwise. xD

I haven't see a single monster announced that would make me want Iceborne though, and that makes me kinda sad. I guess Zinogre would be kinda nice if the armor looked as good as it did in GU, but armor in World has always been bland and uninspired, and I wouldn't buy it just for the one monster. If they added Astalos, Valstrax, and the Magalas, then maybe...

Part of me wonders how much World has really changed, though. I stopped playing after I got the plat - which was just before Deviljho was released, actually - because the lack of variety in endgame and their approach to events really put me off. Plus my PS+ ran out. But I have been tempted, if only to use the Insect Glaive again. That weapon was so much fun. xD

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
yeah the only monster in world i'm like 'wow i want to hunt that' is the acidic glav. even all the crossover stuff just doesn't really hype me up. :/

Nah

Age 27
Female
Online now
Posted 22 Minutes Ago
13,678 posts
5.9 Years
After charm farming in GU for probably around 50 hours I never want to see Brachydios again, raging or otherwise. xD
and then the other thing with charm farming for so long is that you're drowning in Brachydios materials and are sitting there like "but what do I do with all this!?"
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
But you still never get that Branch Pallium drop because psyduck you

Nah

Age 27
Female
Online now
Posted 22 Minutes Ago
13,678 posts
5.9 Years
game is so weird about palliums and the like sometimes

been trying to get a Mizutsune pallium for weeks (and I need just one), yet I get Glavenus ones without even trying

like, I have just enough to max out the whole G-rank set, and this is after maxing out both the Glavenus hammer and the Hellblade switch axe

but really I should've expected this, it's not like I'm a stranger to how the RNGoddess works

Edit: lol of course right after I make this post the game finally gives me that Mizu pallium. But hey, there’s one thing checked off
Nah ンン

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 29
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 54 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
I always seem to get rare drops of monsters I have zero interest in getting a rare drop from...or when I no longer need them. I would have killed for a Rathian Ruby in Generations on the 3DS, and in GU I have about 30 of the things...and I don't think the drop rates improve much in G Rank. G Rank just adds more rare stuff you can only get from freakin' G Rank >.>

Crowns are the worst, though. I still need Crystalbeard and Drilltusk crowns, and both of those monsters are miserable hunts.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
Get ready hunters, Rajang is going to be in World!!!

Good luck everyone. >:)

edit: omg i finally just got large and small crown on all non-elders and woooooow it was a pain

Nah

Age 27
Female
Online now
Posted 22 Minutes Ago
13,678 posts
5.9 Years
They just keep adding the most infuriating monsters in the franchise...except for Rajang, anyway. That's probably only a matter of time though.
Get ready hunters, Rajang is going to be in World!!!
lol

edit: omg i finally just got large and small crown on all non-elders and woooooow it was a pain
now you just gotta spend forever getting the crowns for all the elder dragons too =p

but really though that's some serious dedication, I don't think I could be bothered with getting all the crowns for all the monsters
Nah ンン

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
9,072 posts
8.4 Years
When you've got thousands of hours in the game, it mostly just happens by happenstance. I got wicked lucky with the Deviants though - ended up getting Deadeye and Crystalbeard Large crown on the first hunt for each. <3

Advertiser Content