• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paul vs Ash

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
Don't get me wrong, Paul is a great character, he should even be the rival for d/p. But I'm come on everyone, Ash OMG beat lance and all of those tough characters, but looses to this new guy's chimchar. Also Ash should have said something when on the opening short movie for d/p, when Paul wanting to challenge Ash in the beggining but did not have three pokemon on him. Then even calling Ash pathetic. Anyone Agree?

Years
Yeah I know Ash shouldn't have mentioned the pokemon at Oak's lab, as well as the fact that he was the Orange Champion, and was included in the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn leagues...When did Ash fight Lance, though do you mean Drake?

And it would actually be amazing if Paul was the rival for D/P instead of the...crazy blondie with the Flock of Seagulls haircut.

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Ash should have at least kept one of his stronger Pokemon around besides Pikachu. Who knows how many times Team Rocket had managed to run off with Pikachu leaving Ash with some low level Pokemon.

Okay, so maybe those are enough to take care of TR, but it would still had been nice if he had kept some other stronger Pokemon *cough*Charizard*cough* around just to put Paul back in his place :P

I like Cynthia, though. I think she's the coolest champion so far :D Rival ain't so bad either, at least its something new. Although I agree that it would have been much nicer to kick Paul around instead of him.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
I think of Paul as the New Gary. Paul Is such a retard when he keeps saying Pathetic, I think Ash should just say it back in a dorkier way just to mock him.

I agree that Paul should be the rival in the game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
That is true about Paul being like Gary. Another thing about Paul is that he is anoying with the catching and tossing away crap I mean look at some of the episodes so far. He's thrown away 2 starly, and a stantler or two. He should be nominated for the trainer who has given up the most pokemon in the shortest amount of episodes lol. And the pathetic thing is annoying, quoting Paul talking to Chimchar 'Don't laugh at them you are still as pathetic as before'. Now quoting to Ash' You are a pathetic loser...'

redha

Mad Trainer
Years
do you think paul will be like gary,i mean like at the johto series he doesnt seems to be that annoying to ash

sory for my bad english

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Paul reminds me of a real hardcore "competitive" Pokemon player.
I mean come on, he makes references to IV (as in his so called "useless" Pokemon.)

Therefor, I relate to him.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
The reason why Paul calls Ash pathetic so much is because, well, he's right. Ash sucks so bad, what do people see in that loser? He uses Pickachu (still hasn't improved since the orange islands obviously)and an Aipom (ugh, that thing, I just don't know). His other pokemon I can understand, but Paul's had them for about the same time and he actually beat the first gym leader.

Proof of how gay Ash is: If anyone recalls an episode from the first season Ash begins to complain he hasn't caught many pokemon like Gary. Soon he catches a Primeape. Two episodes later he lets it go......................................Wow.

One more thing: It's kind of good that Paul isn't the rival for the games because he would just be another Silver. The resemblance is...scary. Only difference I see is the purple hair.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I'm waiting for the episode where they return to kanto with dawn and paul ends up at oaks, and all ash's pokemon hear him call Ash pathetic XD

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
I'm waiting for the episode where they return to kanto with dawn and paul ends up at oaks, and all ash's pokemon hear him call Ash pathetic XD

Damn, I'd like to see that happen!

Actually, just Charizard would be enough :D Who knows, maybe it decided to go on a Sinnoh tour and caught Paul calling Ash pathetic.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Damn, I'd like to see that happen!

Actually, just Charizard would be enough :D Who knows, maybe it decided to go on a Sinnoh tour and caught Paul calling Ash pathetic.

And thus Charizard sends out Flamethrower and then sits on him...LOL. Or better yet Ashs Snorlax sits on him!

He is one of the better Trainers like Ash has gotten to be. Ash can be annoying but he is still a good trainer, he has come a long way since he first started.

I remember when he sent out his Pikachu against a rocktype and his Butterfree as well!

Years
Back in the day that Pikachu beat Brock's Geodude and Onix with just electricity...Though, he was pumped up, but I'd estimate that now he's just as strong as he was when his electricity was overly charged. And he has Volt Tackle and Iron Tail now. The only reason that Ash lost was probably Volt Tackle's Recoil, and Turtwig getting hit by...FLAMETHROWER! Who knew they had tms in the anime. Then again, Buneary learned ice beam within the first few episodes Dawn had her. Then Aipom was just kind of whimpy, but he did get ambushed.

And I think that when Whitney said that she was referring pokemon in plural.

I definetely hope that all the Sinnoh battles are like this one, though. They must have a higher budget now...

Paul got off pretty lucky with Elekid's brick break. Ash should be able to take him, he's the Orange League Champ after all.

Last edited:

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Who knew they had tms in the anime. ..

Actually a while back I believe in the 2nd series towards Johto A girl gardener had a Gloom who said that she bought double team and solar beam for her gloom and she gave it to it. So I think they have order them to give it to them.

Also there are people in the ANime that teach pokemon the learned moves, and sometimes pokemon will already know the move from a Parent.

Years
Wow, well I don't think I watched all of Johto, and barely any of the Hoenn season so I probably did miss a lot I guess.

I actually just thought of something, for all we know Paul isn't a newbie. (Though I missed a couple eps so ignore this if I'm wrong) He seems a bit stronger than that, he may have started in Johto or Hoenn around the time Ash did. After all, we never actually saw him getting a Chimchar from Rowan.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Wow, well I don't think I watched all of Johto, and barely any of the Hoenn season so I probably did miss a lot I guess.

I actually just thought of something, for all we know Paul isn't a newbie. (Though I missed a couple eps so ignore this if I'm wrong) He seems a bit stronger than that, he may have started in Johto or Hoenn around the time Ash did. After all, we never actually saw him getting a Chimchar from Rowan.

I think he came from Johto with his Electabuzz. It doesn't really tell of where he came from yet. But I think he came from there. He probably has many pokemon as well as ash does. But he only brought along 1 so he can ctach stronger and better ones.

Back