• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hehe, that was what I was planning to do!

Anyway, can you, since your basically the leader and all, make a list of what to do? because when I'm finished with the last evo I'm basically going to be lost on what to do...

Yes, I agree. We need a list of things that need to be done. It's your pokedex Jet, so keep us up to date!

ignore the fact that I haven't posted the water evo or the terrabird

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Hey, mind if I join in the fun? Just wanna toss out some quickly put together legendary ideas. I'd have worked on them more, but I haven't got the time at the moment.

Poseidon, besides being the god of the sea and the "Earthshaker" is also known to have created horses. Since I also noticed you guys talking about dolphins quite a bit, I decided to try a combination of the two. The reason for the theme of three points is Poseidon's trident. I'm still kinda playing around with the idea, as I'm trying to see a way to make it part ground-type, since I believe a Poseidon Pokemon would be water/ground.
Spoiler:

I imagine Hades would be a ghost/fire type. I tried to implement a bit of Grim Reaper into it, by using scythes as the legs. The rest is based off of Cerberus, with the heads and necks being flickery (which is why I purposefully did not give them a really defined form) and sprouting into flames at the ears.
Spoiler:

I had a bit of a harder time finding something that could represent Zeus, that wasn't similar to something that has already been made... And I came up with a sort of electric gryphon. My reasoning is, Zeus is considering the greatest of the gods, and the lion is considered the king of animals. Then, of course, the eagle is often used to represent Zeus. This one honestly has quite a few kinks to work out.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I will just been busy is all :) I think the designs are overcomplicated and probably should be humanoid rather than animal like

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
I've got an idea that an electric pokemon could be a lion or something and a dragon type legendary trio(Zapdos, Articuno) would be good.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
About Poseidon: If we make it to have two forms then two designs would be suitable. Im thinking that the otherone is more water creatureish and the other more land like. If horses are any likely to be an inspiration then I suggest looking some artwork for Kirin. A chinese mythological being. It is basicly the inspiration for arcanine. But my point is some depict it as a horse like creature. And ocourse there is kelpie. (the seahorse)
For the sea type I got nothing.
And Zeus as a lion sounds quite good. :D I like it actualy.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@ Koopafan, yes, please please please show us your ideas! :D

@ Fortsworth, get the designs confirmed and I'll gladly color them for you if you can't.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I will just been busy is all :) I think the designs are overcomplicated and probably should be humanoid rather than animal like
I'm not sure how they're complicated when compared to Pokemon like Giratina, but ok... XD They were just ideas, anyways. I'll probably color them in anyways, just for the heck of it :P
@ Fortsworth, get the designs confirmed and I'll gladly color them for you if you can't.
I can do coloring, I'm just a bit busy today, is all o3o
About Poseidon: If we make it to have two forms then two designs would be suitable. Im thinking that the otherone is more water creatureish and the other more land like. If horses are any likely to be an inspiration then I suggest looking some artwork for Kirin. A chinese mythological being. It is basicly the inspiration for arcanine. But my point is some depict it as a horse like creature. And ocourse there is kelpie. (the seahorse)
For the sea type I got nothing.
And Zeus as a lion sounds quite good. :D I like it actualy.
Two forms... Actually gives me an idea. Since, like you suggested, if Poseidon had two forms, it would make sense for the other two to have two forms as well. Perhaps, one form could be humanoid like Jet wanted, and the other form could be more animalistic?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
guys! guys! GUYS!!

I messed up... ;___;

asdasdad_zps32f05747.png

Guys, I had NO idea what to color him, so he's shadeless...
So now he's basically a Ground type...

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Maybe the head should be a darker brown :) It was complicated for worth because there was too many incorperations of different animals that it was not necessary plus I wasn't a big fan of the drawings anyway. They didn't look like fakemon!!!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Deleted for misinterpretation!

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@Sunfished- I believe he was only speaking to you in the first sentence... o3o The rest was directed at me.

Though, really, Sun said pretty much what I had in mind. If you mean the style didn't look like Fakemon, getting everyone to draw using the style seen in Pokemon will be rather hard, since everyone has a certain way they draw. But, really. Ouch 0-e Unless you meant you weren't a fan of the designs, which I'd understand, but if you actually mean the art itself... then ouch.

Perhaps before you give your verdict, I could finish them first? Since, really, I only combined two animals at most per Fakemon, and with the Hades one I actually only used one. So, I'm not really sure what you mean when you say there were two many combinations of different animals. If you'd rather, though, I could start on something else.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh crap...
Haha I guess I made a mistake!

Anyway, Fortworth your ideas were pretty solid and decent, but I guess wasn't executed correctly. It would be nice to see an updated version, just remember to keep it "unique".

asdasdad_zpsf7d7cada.png

Anyway, how about this? I changed the leafy things on his arm to green as well.
If it still doesnt look right, just take the picture of yours or mine and fill it with color. I can then get a general idea of the colors you want like that!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
That's a perfect colour scheme :D Also forworth I am sorry if I was harsh but your drawings were not great and I am just trying to help you. Look at my drawings further back for the starter and see what I did even though I am pretty crap at drawing. Try and take time over it and you will get some great designs :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm still monitoring this, if anyone's wondering...

If your still with us Jet, please update with some ideas!

I don't want this to die!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
If noone is going to object, I would like to do the steel eevee.

It could have a sort of warlord/knight look, with parts of its body resembling armor

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Umm, well, this is pretty embarrasing, sorry for suddenly disappearing. I LOST the drawings, and I didn't really feel like doing them again, since it took a lot of tries for them to look good.

Just letting you know I still support this project, and I will help in whatever way I can. :)

Back