• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2023
Ok I get it, but there's a difference between "worst" and "least favorite". Thought you were going by the former.

Eco

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 24, 2020
Ok I get it, but there's a difference between "worst" and "least favorite". Thought you were going by the former.

The 'least favorite' of almost everyone is Bulbasaur because it SEEMS to be the most weak. But Charizard (my favorite) for example, is a very weak Pokémon. It only takes a Rock type attack like Rock Slide to defeat it, so, as I said in my first post, it's a taste matter.

Btw, Squirtle also is very interesting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2023
The 'least favorite' of almost everyone is Bulbasaur because it SEEMS to be the most weak. But Charizard (my favorite) for example, is a very weak Pokémon. It only takes a Rock type attack like Rock Slide to defeat it, so, as I said in my first post, it's a taste matter.

Btw, Squirtle also is very interesting.

Err no? There are a lot of Bulbasaur fans out there. And it's generally the least popular because of aesthetics reasons. Bulbasaur in Gen1 was broken with 2 broken moves and had the highest special stats. Even most people who don't pick Bulbasaur admit that's it does better than the other two but they prefer the dragon and the turtle tank.

Squirtle is arguably the worst Kanto starter. Mediocre stats, 1 stab typing, bad in competitive and there are many better water alternatives in Kanto.

Eco

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 24, 2020
Err no? There are a lot of Bulbasaur fans out there. And it's generally the least popular because of aesthetics reasons. Bulbasaur in Gen1 was broken with 2 broken moves and had the highest special stats. Even most people who don't pick Bulbasaur admit that's it does better than the other two but they prefer the dragon and the turtle tank.

Squirtle is arguably the worst Kanto starter. Mediocre stats, 1 stab typing, bad in competitive and there are many better water alternatives in Kanto.

I think you've been a little sensitive about a personal taste. I didn't say that Bulbasaur is ugly or the worst starter ever. I just say that is the 'least favorite' because almost everyone prefer Squirte and Charmander, even if they are not useful in the first gyms.

If you're a fan of Bulbasaur (because you are) it's perfect.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2023
I think you've been a little sensitive about a personal taste. I didn't say that Bulbasaur is ugly or the worst starter ever. I just say that is the 'least favorite' because almost everyone prefer Squirte and Charmander, even if they are not useful in the first gyms.

If you're a fan of Bulbasaur (because you are) it's perfect.

No, I was just arguing against your "worst starter" but then realized you are talking subjectively and what others think.

Jayce Darcy

Champion
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2017
Putting all analysis aside, I started with Bulbasaur on my first playthrough because I played Leaf Green and thought it was the most fitting. It also looked the friendliest to me and I never regretted it.

Years
I have Played firered ones, so obviously my first starter was my last starter which is charmender

No i didn't creatcreated any other file to try the other starter pokemon.

I think kanto starters r somehow powerfull than the other gen. Gen 5 starters were a bit weak while kanto starters are increasingly powerfull.

Last edited:
Back