• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3DS Rom Hacking

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 12, 2022
Hello!

I was wondering if there was a way to hack Pokemon Sun and Moon. I do not have a 3DS, nor do I have the money to get one. So can I hack them on my PC? If so how?

Please forgive my ignorance!

Fred

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
You can, though you'll need a reasonably powerful PC to run the 3DS emulator well.

You'll need Asia81's toolkit to unpack the ROM into editable files, which will allow you to use pk3ds to make changes to the game. Once you're done editing, you'll need to rebuild the ROM using the toolkit, and convert it to whatever format citra (a 3DS emulator) uses to play the game.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 1, 2020
Once you're done editing, you'll need to rebuild the ROM using the toolkit, and convert it to whatever format citra (a 3DS emulator) uses to play the game.

Can I convert it to a .cia file so I can install it on my 3ds? I am getting an R4i 3ds Gold Plus and am installing ntrboot, luma3ds, fbi, and some other stuff.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Can I convert it to a .cia file so I can install it on my 3ds? I am getting an R4i 3ds Gold Plus and am installing ntrboot, luma3ds, fbi, and some other stuff.

Yup, though I'd suggest using luma's game patching feature instead of building a custom cia file. It's a much faster and easier process.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 1, 2020
How do I do that? I may as well learn now so I can do it when I get the R4i and install homebrew

Back