• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
Years
How about the National Dex Number challenge? Someone picks you six National Dex numbers, then you play through the game with the Pokémon corresponding to the numbers.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
How about a personality challenge? Someone assigns you Pokemon based on what they believe your personality to be like. I'm not quite sure how I'd find out about one's personality, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Thanks for the Seed bby, Chaos. :D Seed bby is actually hard for me to draw as well. I don't know why. I mean...it's just a bby. v_v

As for that personality challenge, that actually seems kinda cool. I'm a mystery man though, so I doubt I'd enter it. Manly would be one of my traits though, obvs.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Okay then, I guess I'll start up the personality challenge then. :D

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
The personality thing sounds quite interesting. Even though not on the Internet, I'm pretty sarcastic with people, and they believe the sarcastic things I say...
And the NO PC Challenge isn't really that challenging. You could go ahead and solo the game with your starter, and maybe catch a powerful Pokemon or two for the lulz.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Just a random idea. Maybe the Box challenge or something. In the challenge, a person takes a game in which they have completed ( basically beat E4 two times or beat Red in some cases) and posts how many boxes full of pokemon they have. The next poster posts a random box number which the poster above had, and then the poster chooses 6 random pokemon from that box,( maybe by a diagnal order,first from each row, etc.) and those 6 pokemon ( or 4 or5 if they want an HM Slave) are used in his/her journey. Also, they start a different game, pokemon may be traded if not found in that game. Maybe something along those lines.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
^We already have similar thing, just that you don't pick a random box, you pick six Pokemon from all of the poster's boxes. It's called the Box Clearance Challenge and it's on the 1st page. You should check it out. (:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
Yet another idea!
I love spamming this thread with challenge ideas.
But this one is actually good.
Its a variation on the Monotype Challenge!
Its called the duo-type challenge!
How is it harder, you say?
Just pick 2 types, your pokemon must be either of these two types, or both. No other types.
Say, for Hoenn, you chose Dark and Grass.
You can use Shiftry, Cacturne, Mightyena, and Bellossom. However, you can't use Sharpedo or Breloom, as those are also water and fighting types.
Get it?

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
^Never mind, challenge idea spamming is something we all love. xD
Well yeah, I can see what you want, even though some types are pretty limited. I think we can work something out of this challenge. (:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I don't think the above challenge isn't that hard because a person can choose two really good types like dragon and something else.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
We could prevent that by a rule. Maybe allow a single good type. Maybe not allow Dragon types at all, as when someone would choose dragon, it would come next to flying or something, as that is the most common secondary type for dragons.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Actually if Dragons are such a good type why are we allowed to use them in Mono-Type?

Dragon is still a type none-the-less so it needs no restrictions.

THough if one was neccesary maybe a "no trade for your type rule" and a "must have your type before 1st Gym rule" that way someone cant get a ubsurd type combo like Dragon and Steel which are both the best typing Offensive and Defensively. (and since a Empleon and Garchomp/Altaria combo isnt allowed No game can get both Steel and Dragon)

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
^Yeah, like I said, some combos are impossible, if not downright stupid and can't be done. Also, dragons require a lot of experience, so I suppose it's OK. As to get the dragon's level high, you do have to grind like a mad scientist.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Ghost and Fighting (the type combo that hits everything for neutral damage, exept for Normal/Ghost which doesn't exist yet) is Impossible in every gen exept for Gen IV (though the only team possible is a DuoRun with Dusknoir/Mismagius and Machamp depending on the Version and is Impossible in Diamond.)

So thats not broken unless we do a 4 Pokemon Minimum rule.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, dragons should definitely be allowed. Unless you want to have a Dragonair for the whole game, in gen 1 you would be stuck with Dragon/Flying, and there is no Flying type that isn't a dual type, making Dragonite your only Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back