• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
I became the champion today hehe
The elite 4 and lances battle music, animations before the battle and rooms was just awesome you did an amazing job :)

And ofc i found more bugs and stuff

The shuckle and the spearow with the letter we get are counted as traded pokemon but i didnt got them from a trade

The last 2 unown puzzles (the ones you can go from union cave) always reset after i solve them and use dig
The secret areas behind the walls in those chambers wont activate when i use HMs

This happened when i used dig after i did the last unown puzzle (the one you can do if you move the boulder in the union cave to go to the chamber with the puzzle)
fjgmx4.png

I went outside of the chamber and appeared in this place!
There was wild claydol and golbats at high lvls here and i could go to some of the doors and i went to 1 of them and everything was black there and no music was playing and there was no way to get out so i loaded my previous save and after catching a claydol i found how to exit from there and did the puzzle to exit the place

A typo in Mahogonys Gym
hti7t2.png

In the bug catching contest there are different trainers appearing for the 3 different days i found a trainer that i couldnt see in crystal so i wonder if you made it have the same trainers from crystal or have random trainers
Also at the end of the contest when you get the prize and can talk with the other trainers the guard says that some pokemobn may be seen in the park instead of saying that the bug contest is over for that day.
He tells this if you exit and enter again

In crystal when you surf you can talk, battle trainers, pick items from the land and be spotted by trainers and battle them if you are close to them in cd you cant tho will you change this if you can, i could read a sign while i was surfing in cd so i think you could do it easy
The frontier thing you have in the trainers card menu still shows the frontier map from emerald and the players face in the map is the face of the emeralds male character when you are close in the battle tower in this hack

And a question for the end will you add this animation for more important characters only the elite 4 and the champion got it
You could add it for Silver, Eusine, the Gym leaders and some other trainers like the team rockets executives and custom trainers in your storyline in the sevii islands :)
swadtt.png

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Comment on Bug-Catching Contest: in HeartGold and SoulSilver, I always find different Trainers in the contest (though it could depend on day of the week, I haven't tested this). Not sure about Crystal or the old G/S. So having random Trainers makes it kinda match the newer games.

Cyclone

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
I'd like to offer a suggestion, regarding the stat menus. Perhaps you could change the palettes to what they were in Ruby and Sapphire? They were very close to the original stat screens in jap GSC regarding setup and colors, and I think it'd make the hack more authentic looking if you changed them up like this, rather than the new palettes emerald uses.

StatusScreens.png

Years
A quick suggestion, you cant escape in the fight with the wild voltorbs koffings and geodudes in team rockets hideout in mahogony in crystal in cd you can run away and the battle just restarts you could change this in the future

Edit:

For some reason its never sunday in my game and its wednesday instead and the people who give you items that boost the power of a attack type dont appear in wednesday saturday and sunday (well for sunday maybe bc its never sunday in my game)
I didnt use any cheats and the rtc should work fine on gameboid so idk whats wrong
Also when i try to play in the bug contest there are no other trainers in the contest and my game freezes after i catch a pokemon and wait the guard to announce the winners i could escape with fly but the scyther i caught wasnt on my party or pc but it was registered as catched on my pokedex
I used fly before while i was in the contest so maybe i broke something?
Now i cant even start the contest my game freezes every time the guard tells me to catch the strongest bug pokemon i can when im ready to enter the national park

Last edited:
Years
So the info tells that this beta ends at somewhere in Kanto. Can you tell where exactly? Also I am seeing screen shots of Gen 2 hacks in this thread. What does that means? I mean its an Emerald hack isn't it?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Also I am seeing screen shots of Gen 2 hacks in this thread. What does that means? I mean its an Emerald hack isn't it?

That's actually comparing Pokémon CrystalDust with the original Pokémon Crystal. And stating the stuff that appears in Crystal that is missing in CrystalDust. So that's why. ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't think Kanto itself is programmed into the game yet. I don't know if you can use the ship to get there, or whether you go to the ship and are told that's the end of the beta. Since the initial E4 in the original games IS actually located in Kanto, it's safe to presume that it ends for now, in Kanto, probably after beating the E4.

Cyclone

Years
Beta ends after you become the champion
Only the route to the league and the league are available in kanto
The last thing you can do is to try to go to the ship but you will find that its missing :P
The dialogues in that place are updated though as if the ship is there
Hey Diego if the person who works on the map tool wont update it will you add pokemon that appear in the night to random places?
You can add them in sevii or in kanto and johto as a bonus after completing the vanilla story
@Alienhunterx read what ShinySilver said or check the comments near the 2 gen screens to find why
In other words no1 did offtopic so dont panic :D

Last edited:
Years
Well the creator said he will add other legenderies and stories for them later in sevii probably
For now its ok you can play in johto and obtain 100-120 pokemon or more and get suicune just wait for the next betas for the rest legenderies
You can play in Battle Tower after you defeat the champion if you dont have anything else to do, its fun im making a 50 lvl team to play in multi with a cpu ally :)
Now im waiting for the next beta with the ship that takes us to kanto to get a metal coat to evolve my onix :D

Last edited:
Years
Well the creator said he will add other legenderies and stories for them later in sevii probably
For now its ok you can play in johto and obtain 100-120 pokemon or more and get suicune just wait for the next betas for the rest legenderies
You can play in Battle Tower after you defeat the champion if you dont have anything else to do, its fun im making a 50 lvl team to play in multi with a cpu ally :)
Now im waiting for the next beta with the ship that takes us to kanto to get a metal coat to evolve my onix :D
So does that means the game is same as that of oroiginal crytsal but only in gba format with nothing new?

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
I once thought this was once just your generic remake of Crystal/Gold/Silver, like almost every other rom-hack out there, but then I notice you done good work, and I congratulate you.

Also, I haven't played it yet, but it looks impressive. Mainly because it's an Emerald hack.

Years
The game is a remake of crystal with almost everything same with very minor changes and ofc updated graphics and sound
The story will be the same for johto and kanto but there will be a third region (Sevii Islands) that will have its own story trainers,legendery pokemon and 3rd gen pokemon
If you have played the creators other hack you will notice that he is very creative with a good sense of humour so Sevii will probably be a very interesting place
And maybe there will be some new events in the 2 first regions after you finish the original story
Yes this game may not have extra rivals or new things yet but its a very stable remake you wont find any game breaking bugs or have to restart your game all the time because a script doesnt activates :D
Just wait for future betas for extra new content :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The game is a remake of crystal with almost everything same with very minor changes and ofc updated graphics and sound
The story will be the same for johto and kanto but there will be a third region (Sevii Islands) that will have its own story trainers,legendery pokemon and 3rd gen pokemon
If you have played the creators other hack you will notice that he is very creative with a good sense of humour so Sevii will probably be a very interesting place
And maybe there will be some new events in the 2 first regions after you finish the original story
Yes this game may not have extra rivals or new things yet but its a very stable remake you wont find any game breaking bugs or have to restart your game all the time because a script doesnt activates :D
Just wait for future betas for extra new content :)
Actually, Sevii Islands will probably be similar to this as used in FireRed/LeafGreen. The difference, since they didn't exist in Crystal, is that he can do whatever the heck he wants with them. :D

Since Ash and friends surfed on Lapras from island to island, it would further make sense if Surfing could be turned on and new water Routes created to allow passage; travel to the main entrance would still be by boat from Kanto, matching the anime. But that might be too much. Heck, a "New Island" with a Lv.100 Mewtwo on it would be awesome. :D

Cyclone

Years
Traveling from one island to another with surf would be cool and he could add a weather system for the islands and make it rain at some and add snowing for others :)
Btw i wonder how to get a Eon Mail to give it to the lady in Goldenrods Center, in Crystal you could get it only with Mystery Gift...

Last edited:
Back