• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Thankfully they did tone down Zubat's appearance as of late, such as only appearing in Castelia Sewers in Unova (B2/W2)

They might have toned it down over-all, but the Sewers were a paaaain to get through.
Nothing but Rattatas, Zubats and Grimers...need i say more? xD

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Crobat is awesome, and what i just hate about Zubats is the Confuse Ray/Supersonic spam...
You know what's more annoying than Confuse Ray/Supersonic spam? Confuse Ray/Supersonic and sleeping moves. That's what makes Pokemon like Watchog annoying. But I don't hate Watchog just for that. I also hate it because it's weak and hideous.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
You know what's more annoying than Confuse Ray/Supersonic spam? Confuse Ray/Supersonic and sleeping moves. That's what makes Pokemon like Watchog annoying

Alright thats true! being asleep and confused sucks a lot...
and since the topic seems to be annoying wild Pokemon, how about Pokemon with the Sandtrap ability?
I hate not being able to run away -.-

classiccartoonsftw

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Alright thats true! being asleep and confused sucks a lot...
and since the topic seems to be annoying wild Pokemon, how about Pokemon with the Sandtrap ability?
I hate not being able to run away -.-
Arena Trap isn't nearly as annoying as Shadow Tag. Flying types and Levitators are immune to Arena Trap, and therefore, they can escape from Trapinch and the Diglett line. Shadow Tag affected all Pokemon, up until Pokemon X and Y, in which Ghost types became immune to all forms of trapping.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Abilities like Arena Trap and Shadow Tag are actually pretty frustrating, even though some Pokémon may be immune to them. When going through Diglett's Cave in FireRed, I would always run into Diglett with Arena Trap, which would force me to battle. Sometimes, they would be even take down my entire team, and send me all the way back to Pokémon Center. :(

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
When going through Diglett's Cave in FireRed, I would always run into Diglett with Arena Trap, which would force me to battle. Sometimes, they would be even take down my entire team, and send me all the way back to Pokémon Center. :(

Diglett was ok to handle, but you could also run into Dugtrios at Lv23 or so, which was a big threat :/

Years
I always hated running into Wobbuffet in Cerulean Cave because of Shadow Tag. I should probably know by now to take a bunch of repels with me into a place like that, but instead I get stuck wasting a bunch of PP on Wobbuffet and their high HPs.

Years
Arena Trap isn't nearly as annoying as Shadow Tag. Flying types and Levitators are immune to Arena Trap, and therefore, they can escape from Trapinch and the Diglett line. Shadow Tag affected all Pokemon, up until Pokemon X and Y, in which Ghost types became immune to all forms of trapping.

Abilities like Arena Trap and Shadow Tag are actually pretty frustrating, even though some Pokémon may be immune to them. When going through Diglett's Cave in FireRed, I would always run into Diglett with Arena Trap, which would force me to battle. Sometimes, they would be even take down my entire team, and send me all the way back to Pokémon Center. :(

Yeah, and Route 13 in Kalos made it just as annoying thanks to those Pokemon digging everywhere and if it even got close to you, a wild Pokemon fight instantly starts, and repels don't even work there. Oh, and there are so many Trapinch and Dugtrio there, who have Arena Trap to annoy you and force you to have to defeat them or they will defeat you.

Even worse, they made the resident designated "electricity-based" location in Kalos where Magneton and Nosepass evolve into Magnezone and Probopass, two Pokemon who are very weak to Ground, which is basically what all the wild encounters on Route 13 are.

Oh, and I absolutely hate Dugtrio's new cry.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
When it comes to Pokemon who had their cries ruined in Pokemon X and Y, Raichu and Gengar come to mind for me. I wish Game Freak kept the cries as they were before the sixth generation.

Also, Pikachu shouldn't have been the only Pokemon to get its anime cry.

Years
When it comes to Pokemon who had their cries ruined in Pokemon X and Y, Raichu and Gengar come to mind for me. I wish Game Freak kept the cries as they were before the sixth generation.

Also, Pikachu shouldn't have been the only Pokemon to get its anime cry.

Ah yes Raichu's cry sounds so weird compared to what we were used to previously, but I never got to hear Gengar's updated cry as I haven't seen one in action yet. Another cry that I think was ruined in 6th Gen would have to be Karrablast.

I liked Karrablast's old cry, but oh man they should have left it that way rather than changing its sound entirely. However, as far as updated cries that I love goes, it'd have to be Pachirisu's. It sounds even cuter now!

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Most of the cries to me sound like they've dumped the 3DS' mic into a puddle. Sorry, but that's just how I think they're like. However, the new Pokemon got some nice cries, e.g. Greninja. It's like it's saying "Green" with a low pitch Spongebob laugh.

Noibat

Years
I can't stand that Pikachu gets it's cartoon voice in game. It's weird to me when the cry is super loud on top of just standing out for really no reason

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I really liked Raichu's new cry :3 Not a fan of Pikachu having its anime voice though, no. It was a cute gimmick in Yellow version, but redundant in "normal" versions imo.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, have to agree with this; it wasn't such a wise choice to make Pikachu stand-out like that. :( I mean, I'm a huge fan of the little guy, but still. If they've gone towards this route, they should have done the same for all Pokémon, and not just one.

Years
I don't mind Pikachu getting its anime cry, even though people are complaining about it getting special treatment due to being the mascot. The one thing that bugs me cries-wise in X/Y is how they completely messed up several other Pokemon's cries, not Pikachu's.

Karrablast and Dugtrio's new cries are so weird and I always felt like their old cries should have stayed as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back