• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I encountered another problem, its regarding my Gengar's spl atk and its move shadow ball. In a battle with a lvl 31 graveler and golem, my Gengar used shadow ball on them. Knowing that that both of them have a very low spl def, shadow ball would've knocked them out right on the spot. But, its seems that they in fact surived *With half hp, or more*? Its been happening a lot lately, my gengar not being able to knock out a pokemon that is nearly half his lvl.
Actually, until the 4th gen, shadow ball is a physical type move. Meaning it involves ATK and DEF, not SP.ATK, SP.DEF, that's why it does that amount of damage. Graveler has pretty decent DEF stat, and Gengar's ATK isn't all that great. It's no bug, believe me :)

Gamefreak089

Thunder Master GameFreak
Years
Actually, until the 4th gen, shadow ball is a physical type move. Meaning it involves ATK and DEF, not SP.ATK, SP.DEF, that's why it does that amount of damage. Graveler has pretty decent DEF stat, and Gengar's ATK isn't all that great. It's no bug, believe me :)

Are you serious?! >_< I thought shadow ball was a spl atk move since day one, on the 2nd gen games?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Are you serious?! >_< I thought shadow ball was a spl atk move since day one, on the 2nd gen games?

Nope. ALL Ghost moves from gens 1-3 are physical. The game doesn't have the special/physical split implemented until Diamond/Pearl came out. Also, if you're curious the Physical types inlcude: Rock, Poison, Bug, Steel, Normal, Flying, Ghost, Ground, and Fighting. The special types include: Dragon, Dark, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ice, and Psychic. This is how it was until 4th generation moves came about.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
again xD *uhm noob question here, but the day and night system in 2.1 is still not inserted yes?

and do anyone have an update for 3.1?

thanks xD

Last edited:

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
Years
I'll probably hold off until beta 3 releases before playing this game, don't want to start on 2.1 and just have to restart on 3 a few weeks later(I hate bugs, so i always restart on new betas). Awesome game though! Can't wait for the next update.

Years
Can I ask if there have been any changes to the Gym Leaders in 3.1?!

Looking at 04zaz's Let's Play of unreleased 3.1, it seems he has increased Falkner's levels a significant amount (Level 10 Pidgey---->Level 15 Pidgey, Level 11 Pidgeotto---->Level 17 Pidgeotto) Unfortunately I don't have 15 posts so I can't link to the video, but LaZ has linked it somewhere in this thread.

bobvs

Music Composer/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Well, i like it! Apparently it's a little repetitive, but it is not

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
might say that the beta will titlescreen 3 and I saw 2 titlescreen circulating in addition to that already in the beta 2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
This POUNDS shiny gold by far. I played SG but it didn't have the Crystal "charm" that comes from my first pokemon game being crystal. and this has nothing to do with LC but I know a second grader who got the pirated version of SG.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
Years
This POUNDS shiny gold by far. I played SG but it didn't have the Crystal "charm" that comes from my first pokemon game being crystal. and this has nothing to do with LC but I know a second grader who got the pirated version of SG.

You do know that Shiny Gold is a hack right? It's not actually a game made by Game Freak? Which means that either that kid paid for the game, which means he's stupid, or he got a different version. Because Shiny Gold is free and able to be downloaded in these forums.

blue

gucci
Years
Looking at 04zaz's Let's Play of unreleased 3.1, it seems he has increased Falkner's levels a significant amount (Level 10 Pidgey---->Level 15 Pidgey, Level 11 Pidgeotto---->Level 17 Pidgeotto) Unfortunately I don't have 15 posts so I can't link to the video, but LaZ has linked it somewhere in this thread.

Oh I know, I've seen it that's exactly why I asked because of that video, it makes me wonder if they all have been dramatically increased which I would like.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
hoothoot and ledian can learn ice punch, and totodile apparently not ...

is this going to be changed in beta 3.1? :d

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Guys I apologise for the lack of updates. Me and Zeikku have been busy with Uni life so that means no progress at all or very little has been made on LC. But fear not! A release is in site. And guys I have a date and it's set in stone, i'm just not telling you when it is :). It's in 2011 though so... use your imagination to figure the date.

In other news, ticked off 5 things from the todo list today so progress is moving just in large amounts but short times, if that makes any sense.

Now I present to you a question. Which would you rather see in beta 3.1.

1. No Pokégear
2. Half a Pokégear

The options are as above, so there is not an option for full Pokégear this year. Simply because the Phone system is just such a huge task I can't find enough time to make it this year. Of course it will be in LC at some point in the future...

Link

Back