• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Battlers Sprite question.

EmeraldEmissary

High Resolution
Years
I wanted my fangame, Resolution, to have gen 1-7 pokes in BW2 style. Either I stick to the GIFs that I can find, or I'll have to use the actual 3D sprites. What should I do? I am slightly biased against the 3D models, because I love the B2/W2 style so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 18, 2017
There are some BW2 style gen 6 and 7 sprites avaliable. But those are fanmade. They won't be animated either. Those are rarely made. I suggest you add gen 1-7 but without animation or to remove gen 6 and 7.

Pokémon Rainbow

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I highly disrecommend using 3D models, as they are totally out of place in a 2D game. There are various reasons, I'm sure you can find them somewhere on the forums. The orientation, for example, isn't right for a 2D game.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Unless you're fully mimicking Gen 6/7's 3D style in all respects... and let's face it you're not... the 3D models look horribly out of place, both with the style, the colours, and the perspective. I think I may be in a minority that actually prefers (or maybe at least equally values) the static 2D sprites over the animatied BW2 sprites, but either one of those options is far superior to using models.

Back