• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Starlight

Luxray Master

Main Head for the Starlight Team
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 7, 2017
Intro:
Hello, this is my first big Pokémon game idea, and it is called... Pokémon: Starlight!
Story:
The story is that you start off on your tenth birthday, and your father works with the Pokémon Professor (also the Star type lead researcher, but that will be later) to get you your first Pokémon. Through the game, there will be all new Pokémon that you will be able to catch, and the new type: Star! As you progress through the game, you will meet new people, and you might even learn some stuff about Astronomy and Astrology that you may not know!
Tools used:
Pokémon Essentials
RPG Maker XP
Current features:
New Abilities, moves and type!
Maps have been created!
Future features:
All new Pokémon
New items
New Enemy Team
Credits:
Pokémon essentials made by Maruno and Poccil
Bulbapedia + Smogon for information and item icons.
P-Sign Clowcardruler Maruno Venom12 FL for the ultimate BW pack
Also, If you want to help with the game, we are in need of Spriters, so if you want to help, Just PM me!
And remember, if you have any suggestions, Don't be afraid to PM me or tell me on here!

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

M4sterm1nd

Lead dev for Pokémon Unknown
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 2, 2021
This sounds like an amazing idea, and can't wait to see how it looks!

Luxray Master

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 7, 2017
This sounds like an amazing idea, and can't wait to see how it looks!
Thank you! And sadly, due to recent occurences, I have lost all work dedicated to Pokémon: Starlight. And remember, if you are a developer, artist/spriter, or a music composer and you want to help, just PM me!

Last edited:

Luxray Master

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 7, 2017
Team Starlight is now looking heavily for spriters! If you are a spriter thinking of helping, PM me with instances of your work! Also, this will soon become a "Developing" Pokémon game, so look for that, too!

Luxray Master

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 7, 2017
So... this is annoying. I'm about ready for the Demo (sadly a closed Alpha, PM if you want to help), but I can't because there aren't any spriters/artists who are dedicated! I've had 5 people ask to join, then either stop contact or leave. If you want to help, you HAVE to be dedicated!

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
So... this is annoying. I'm about ready for the Demo (sadly a closed Alpha, PM if you want to help), but I can't because there aren't any spriters/artists who are dedicated! I've had 5 people ask to join, then either stop contact or leave. If you want to help, you HAVE to be dedicated!

With all due respect, if they joined and then left, it might've been for better reasons than them simply not being dedicated.

That aside, you don't need spriters to have the demo. Especially if it's just a closed Alpha. Just use placeholders - the main goal is to just make sure everything works, after all. And if all goes well, release it to the public. Having something that's actually playable is always a good step forward in recruiting teammates.

Guest123123

the maps in those screenshots have a lot of empty, excess space. I recommend either adding other details to the maps or reducing their size.

Luxray Master

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 7, 2017
Well SpartaLazor, my thing is that this will not have any real Pokémon within the game, and I don't know how well the Alpha would be without any Fakemon within the game. Honestly, the Pokémon are a big part of the bug testing, but if I don't have any somewhat decent-looking sprites at the least, then how will I be able to test the Pokémon? and TISSUEPAPERGHOST, I know that the screenshots are somewhat empty, but they are outdated. Also realize that I will be updating the graphics to Gen 4 (hopefully).

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
My thing is that this will not have any real Pokémon within the game, and I don't know how well the Alpha would be without any Fakemon within the game. Honestly, the Pokémon are a big part of the bug testing, but if I don't have any somewhat decent-looking sprites at the least, then how will I be able to test the Pokémon?

Perhaps you shouldn't have made a game that heavily depends on something you can't do. I'm not aiming to be mean, but it's just not a good idea to plan something as big as Fakemon without knowing for sure that you can pull it off.

Luxray Master

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 7, 2017
That is true, and after thinking for a while of what you have said, I think I will freeze Pokémon Starlight and start on another game, at least to get my skills out and about before trying something this big, as you said. Thank you for sharing your opinion. I know this was probably not what you were expecting from what you have said, but you have opened my eyes to a truth that I was not wanting to see. I will probably close down this Thread and create a new one for my new game, but Pokémon Starlight will STILL be around, and it will come back later.

Back