• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a rp about roommates and also superpowers

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
Years
I remember an RP on another forum with a similar concept to this except the characters were based off of ancient gods/goddesses and were college-esque kids living in an academy with classes. Idk, the idea you have just sparked this memory on my end. :P

It's a cool idea though! I don't have much experience with SoL RPs but I do find them attractive in that they're somewhat more easy to get into then other concepts imo. As for the powers, either having them already or after is fine by me (I'm not picky :p). I would definitely be down for this!

Years
I want in.

There, Groc wants to do it, so it has to be made. Done deal.

Joking aside, I love superpower games, and I've been craving a good Slice of Life for years. The last slice of life game I was in was in 2013, and that got derailed by war and fighting and everything becoming dark and edgy. I know it sounds presumptuous, but can this game focus on interaction, and having fun with powers, and maybe be funny? Obviously there's darker things afoot, and we'll get to the bottom of them eventually, but I wouldn't mind taking it slow.

Maybe I'll just make that my character, the apathetic one. I won't tell you how to play yours.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I want in.

There, Groc wants to do it, so it has to be made. Done deal.

Joking aside, I love superpower games, and I've been craving a good Slice of Life for years. The last slice of life game I was in was in 2013, and that got derailed by war and fighting and everything becoming dark and edgy. I know it sounds presumptuous, but can this game focus on interaction, and having fun with powers, and maybe be funny? Obviously there's darker things afoot, and we'll get to the bottom of them eventually, but I wouldn't mind taking it slow.

Maybe I'll just make that my character, the apathetic one. I won't tell you how to play yours.
No, EVERYBODY MUST TAKE ACTION AND BE EDGY

jk my plan was to make it more slice-of-life than anything, exploring how different characters can become friends or bitter enemies and use their powers (or not use them), while letting the underlying reasons and plot behind everything be background - unless it turns out the characters are genuinely intrigued and want to explore the mystery.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
*walks in not-so-fashionably late*

This does seem like a neat idea, and I'd very likely join in. However, I would like the mystery to be important, though I guess if some characters took interest in it, than it would.

Slice of life is kind of a finicky thing; it's great when players contribute and engage, but it can become boring if things slow down too much.

Just my 2 (late) cents.

Back