• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[/TAMERS] (OOC Thread) {Rated T}

Garet

GhostFire
Years
...Agh, you have me interested. Hum, reserve me for the Crest of Courage Light, please. Now, to go look through the Digimon that there are; I haven't played or seen as much Digimon as you guys seem to have.

EDIT: Finished and ready for review.

[/REAL WORLD]

Name | Julian Truman
Gender | Boy
Location | Arizona, USA
Age | 15

Appearance | Just by looking at him, a person might expect Julian to be an active, outdoors-loving boy, rather than a nerdy video-game player. Standing at a height of five feet and weighing at a reported 116 pounds, the Caucasian boy has a slim build, with the beginnings of a runner's musculature. Julian prefers his chestnut-brown hair cut short so it'll remain fairly straight; it tends to curl or wave at the ends if it grows more than a few inches long. He wears a pair of blue-framed sunglasses on a regular basis to block some of the sunlight, so others often don't see his heterochromic eyes: the left iris is green, and the right iris is amber.

When it comes to color schemes, Julian likes blue and silver. He's often seen wearing a pair of loose-fitting jeans and either a short- or long-sleeved plain shirt, depending on the weather and season. If Julian is working outside, he'll be wearing a pair of work boots; otherwise, he wears his running shoes. Along with his sunglasses, he needs contacts for his near-sighted eyes. Julian's only other usual accessory is a digital watch on his left wrist.

Personality | One word: Stubborn. In a way, Julian tends to push back against what others suggest or tell him what to do, just for the sake of pushing back. He has some desires that he will stand by, despite what others may think of him. This obstinacy is, in part, the reason why Julian began playing video games in the first place. At the same time, there's the sense that Julian is relatively innocent. He doesn't have it in him to gossip about others behind their backs or help pull pranks, among other things that kids his age do. Julian is also a terrible liar. He tends to tell the truth anyway, and any lie he might try to tell would be easily given away by his face and other tell-tale signs.

At least his obstinacy means Julian will strongly support his close friends, or one side of an issue. Not that he has a lot of friends; he's not outspoken enough for most athletic circles, and not nerdy enough for many of the video-game players. In his free time, Julian splits his time between his video and online games, and freerunning. He has a fascination for the stories told in the games he plays, which is another reason for playing them. Digimon became one of the main lines of games that Julian follows. There are times, though, when he finds it hard to focus on games or the Internet. Since he doesn't spend a whole lot of time with friends otherwise, Julian took to parkour, or freerunning as some will call it. As he sees it, "You don't need others in order to run every which way."

History | Some people are surprised when Julian says he was born in a town in the White Mountains area of Arizona. Yes, mountains. More often than not, it seems to be out-of-staters who'd thought that the Grand Canyon State is all flat desert. Anyway, Julian spent the first eight years of his life in the towns on Arizona's mountains, with his parents and a two-year-younger sister. The young boy was, more or less, content with life. His father owned some ranch land near Snowflake, which was still flat and "desert-y" enough for such an occupation. Julian learned some work ethics as he was taken out to help his father and others in the field, though the boy didn't like working so much at the time.

If all had gone well within his family, Julian might have grown up differently. Sadly, though, as he approached eight years of age, his mother and father began fighting over something the boy didn't understand (something about Julian's mother cheating on her husband). It wasn't long before they divorced; Julian's mother moved down to Phoenix, Arizona. Arrangements for the two children were settled thus: Julian would spend the first half of the year with his father in Snowflake, and the other six months in Phoenix with his mother. His sister, Janet, would be with their father from April to September and with their mother otherwise. Effectively, Julian and Janet would have every other quarter-year with each other. Don't ask Julian why child custody was set up this way; for that matter, don't ask him anything about his family situation.

Anyway, this set-up made it a little difficult for Julian to have lasting friends in either place, which also served to put some distance between him and the evils of the world. He still helped his father with livestock and other ranch functions while in Snowflake, but he had much more free time while in Phoenix. Julian's mother didn't pay as much attention to him, leaving the boy with more free time than he'd known to do with at first. This was Julian's first serious venture into the world of video games, online games, and, subsequently, Digimon. Enough of his working nature remained for Julian to continue spending time outdoors, which developed over the years into parkour/freerunning.

Julian and his sister kept in touch when they weren't together, so it was little surprise that they both pre-ordered copies of [/TAMERS]. The idea was that they would work together in the game, but that was before they discovered that virtual death meant real death...

[/DIGITAL WORLD]

YOUR AVATAR

Name | Stryker
Gender | Boy
Age | 15
Digivice Color | Silver with Navy-blue trim
Digimon-Modify Cards | Hyper Wing, Speed, and Radiant Fate
Crest | Light

Appearance | Julian's avatar looks quite similar to his real body, really: a five-foot-tall Caucasian with a freerunner's build. His straight hair is the same shade of chestnut-brown, but with a gray streak down the middle. Julian still wears a pair of blue-framed sunglasses over his heterochromic eyes, but more out of habit than necessity. On a normal basis, his outfit consists of a navy-blue T-shirt, a silver-gray long-sleeved undershirt, and blue denim jeans, all fairly loose for freedom of movement. Accessories include: a gray belt with a steel buckle; a blue digital watch on his left wrist; white running shoes with blue highlights; and some belt pouches which hold Julian's Digivice, Digi-Modify Cards, a multi-tool, and room for a few other small objects. Julian's Crest hangs from his neck and is normally hidden under his shirt.

DIGIMON

Species | Renamon (Silver colored, if there's no problem with it)

Appearance |
Spoiler:

Personality | It isn't easy to get Renamon to lose his composure. You could throw some insults at him, and he would take it in stride; he might even return a few of them if he sees fit to speak. Not to say that Renamon is impervious to verbal assaults, but he sees little reason in erupting over what he considers to be simple words, whether they strike true or not. Renamon tries not to oppose Julian in anything, but it goes against his grain if the situation either puts Julian in danger or is likely to. At the same time, though, Renamon hates sitting around, even if it's somehow in their best interest. Like his companion, Renamon has recently developed an interest in parkour, seeing it as a method of training for his Rookie form.

Digivolution Chain
Baby: Relemon
In-Training: Pokomon
Rookie: Renamon
Champion: Kyubimon
Ultimate: Taomon
Mega: Valkyrimon

Extra | For the first week or so after the first announcement, Julian and his sister remained on Floor 1, opting to explore DigiBuya and do what they could without any real risk of death. It took about that much time for Renamon to get fed up with waiting and prompt Julian to move onward and upward. Over time, Julian and Renamon became somewhat known as both fighters and explorers, alternating their time between sticking with groups of players and soloing. From what Julian has heard of his sister, Janet has been doing more or less the same thing, though less proactive.

About halfway through their second month in [/TAMERS], Julian and Janet pooled their resources to buy a house on Floor 1 for the two of them. Also during these two months, Julian has made a few friends and a rival, not to mention someone who might be called an enemy.

On occasion, Renamon has been known to respond to the nickname "Silver".

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Reseved with Courage!

Courage is quite popular~ I've always liked Sincerity and Friendship the best, imo. :3

EDIT

Wait. Unless Maddy wants Courage again?

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I did edit my post above D;

Also, Garet, I find DMA + Digidex is a great place to find stuff. It lists basically all of the possible evolution lines for a digimon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
This might seem a little irrelevant, but has anybody else seen the Digimon move with Wendigomon and Diaboramon as the main villains? That was a great movie.
I DID ITS ON MY HARD DRIVE I LOVE THAT MOVIE GO MAMORU HOSODA YEAAH but yes okay

and sorry Garet. ); and thanks shawn~

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
So... um, am I reserved? xD Cause I can, well, um, put up the first part of the sign-up.

;_; Sorry about that Garet. I was just trying to jump in ASAP. xD

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Your wish is granted! I never thought the Player slots would fill this fast~!

I'll make my own character soon~~

@Fuyu: yes, you're reserved as well!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Yay! Thanks Shawn!

Digimon is an epic thing. We were all waiting for this to appear. In progress below~ Should be finished over the next couple of days. :) Complete!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Darnit! The one night I decide to have a social life this gets released. Well, I'll wait to see if anyone drops their reservation...

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Anyways, enthusiasm has forced me to finish my SU today. It's on the first page.

Back