• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
can you add a sprite that shares pokedex info with another one, but can have different attacks and type?

example:
onix, rock type
crystalonix, rock ice type

So you want a Pokémon that has a different sprite, typing, and different moves but has the same Pokédex entry as another Pokémon? Couldn't you just copy over Onix's data into another Pokémon slot but have the Pokédex entry pointer point to the same address as the regular Onix's Pokédex entry?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I saw the Advanced Map Tutorial thread in the Tutorials section, and I'm wondering what kind of program was used for hacking the game as shown in that thread. Link provided for download would be kind as well. :)

The title of the thread gave it away a bit. The tool is called AdvanceMap, and is in PC's ROM Hacking Toolbox section.

Thrashmash

Learning to script and map
Years
Hello, thanks for this useful thread!

I have a question: how can you change the names of the types? (in Firered)
For example: Ground becomes Sand and such.
And how can you also change the picture of the type? (when you choose the Summary of a Pokemon)

Thanks in advance.

SandCats

Singing Taco
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
I'm hacking Fire Red. I'm using Pokemon Amplifier 3. How do you make split evos? I replaced a pokemon with my own, to split evolve into either Tauros or Miltank, depending on if the Pokemon were male or female.

Thanks in advance- SandCats

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Ok I am not a hack maker but I am occasionally a hack user, and I have downloaded some IPS files to patch to ROMs of real games so they can be played. I have used LunarIPS to do this patching and it tells me the patch was created successfully but then I can not find where it goes, or if for some reason it's not appearing.

I never used to have this problem, I used to patch and use ROMs on my old lappy just fine, but then right before I bought this new Lappy my hack save files stopped working, being claimed unsupported file types and now this is the first I have brought this stuff to my new lappy(only through my flash disk of course not directly) and this patching thing is just not working anymore. Anyone know what I can do?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ok I am not a hack maker but I am occasionally a hack user, and I have downloaded some IPS files to patch to ROMs of real games so they can be played. I have used LunarIPS to do this patching and it tells me the patch was created successfully but then I can not find where it goes, or if for some reason it's not appearing.

I never used to have this problem, I used to patch and use ROMs on my old lappy just fine, but then right before I bought this new Lappy my hack save files stopped working, being claimed unsupported file types and now this is the first I have brought this stuff to my new lappy(only through my flash disk of course not directly) and this patching thing is just not working anymore. Anyone know what I can do?

The ROM you patched is not the old rom anymore, it's the hacked one. Wherever you have the .GBA file, is wherever the hack will end up being.

Drithlan

Self Proclaimed Cartographer
Years
Starter/First Pokemon

To start this off, Yes I have attempted to find the answer to my question on my own without avail.

I would like to know how to script this into Pokemon R/S:

When you talk to a person (or maybe have him run to you)
The script then Checks what your Starter Pokemon was or Who the first Pokemon in your lineup is and gives you an item accordingly.

Example.

Starter Pokemon was Charmander.

You just received it from Prof. Birch.

On your way out, just after you leave the lab, an assistant comes running out and says, "Wait!\pPROF. BIRCH wanted you to have this."

Since your Starter Pokemon, or the first Pokemon in your lineup at this time, was Charmander He gives you the Charcoal Item. If your Starter Pokemon was Bulbasaur you would get a Mystic Water instead.

I would prefer the Starter Pokemon to have one of 3 items from the start but it looks like I can only make the Starter have only 2 choices... No item or 1 item no matter who you pick.

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Crysalus

Rides a mantine to school.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Just wondering, I'm making a script for getting your first pokemon, but I dont know how the command "showpokepic" works, can anyone tell me how it works and if there is perhaps a "hidepokepic" to go with it?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Just wondering, I'm making a script for getting your first pokemon, but I dont know how the command "showpokepic" works, can anyone tell me how it works and if there is perhaps a "hidepokepic" to go with it?

That my friend, can be found here.

Drithlan

Years

@Drithlan : It can be done by for example by flags, but the easiest way is by special script which can be found in
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial =)

I read through that but couldn't come up with an answer. Has anyone else tried this? If so can you share the secret?
gl

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I read through that but couldn't come up with an answer. Has anyone else tried this? If so can you share the secret?
gl

If you check one of you rival's scripts, you can see how they determine which starter Pokemon you chose using a series of comparevars like this:

Spoiler:

By implementing something like these vars in your script, you should be able give the correct item. :)

Drithlan

Years
I couldn't figure this out! :( If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Last edited:

Crysalus

Rides a mantine to school.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Binary, is that tutorial for pokescript? because that's the scripting language i've been learning :S

Solo&Mix

COMPuter Demon
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Id like to know if someone can give to me advises for ''where do i find items icons of d/p'' and ''I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TILES AND GRAPHICKS ANYBODY HEEEELP ME!!!!!"'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back