• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Legacy Run

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Here's an idea for a run I've had that I wanted to get going. It's basically a way to run through multiple regions with a "family lineage" of pokemon. It does require you to use and complete multiple games, so keep that in mind.

Rules:
1. Start a game as you usually would and become the champion. You may make any team swaps you wish in the first game. Howver, the team that enters the Hall of Fame will serve as the start of your family trees.
2. You must enter the Hall of Fame with a team of 6.
3. Only one genderless Pokemon may be allowed and it cannot be legendary or mythical.
4. Upon becoming champion, you must breed all 6 Pokemon from your party. If two Pokemon in your party are compatible, they must be bred with each other. Everyone else may be bred with captured "wild" Pokemon. If any are bred together, you may catch new Pokémon to fill those empty slots in either the previous or the subsequent game.
5. Trade or transfer the offspring to a new region/game and start a new adventure.
6. You must complete the game with this team, no substitutions may be made. If you do not have 6 offspring (due to parental pairings) you may capture wild Pokemon to fill those slots.
7. Upon clearing the Elite 4, begin the same breeding process again, and transfer to another region. (If playing HG/SS, beating Red is NOT a requirement, but that is up to the player)
8. The challenge is complete upon becoming the champion of region 3 with your chosen lineages.
9. HM slaves are allowed, but only if a party member cannot learn said move. Those slaves may not be used for gym leader or elite 4 battles.

(This is not a strict rule, but it's suggested that, when you find a pokemon that you want on your team, you catch the first gender of it that you encounter...just to shake things up in future runs. Also, it's not necessary to breed the pokemon in the game/gen they were caught in...just so long as they're bred before being transfered to the next main game...this will really only come into play if vying for certain egg moves or Alolan forms...It's completely up to you and your enjoyment!)

Ultimate version:
Do the above rules through every region using either the order below, or any official order that takes you through every region (ant Unova twice, including both B/W and B2/W2).

Order:

FR/LG->HG/SS->D/P/Plt->B/w->B2/W2->OR/AS->XY->S/M/US/UM

I've begun the full challenge using FireRed. Ive got a Squirtle and Spearow so far and have beaten Brock. I will update my progress. Have fun!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
I have now ventured to Mt. Moon and captured a Paras to add to my team (female). Also, I forgot to mention that my Squirtle is a male, and my Spearow is a female.

Years
I like the idea of this, I will combine it with my Fire Red Random team challenge.

The Elite 4 has been defeated

IqgcSg9.png

The winning team:
Spoiler:

I just need to catch 30 or so more pokemon to unlock the breeding day care.
Machamp and Alakazam will be bred together, which means I will lose the Alakazam.
The rest will be bread with another mate.
Once they are all hatched I will transfer them to Heart Gold.

Last edited:
Years
Stage 2 of my legacy challenge.

Hatched all the pokemon in Fire Red and have transferred them into Heart Gold.

I'm assuming because I have an empty slot I am able to fill it with another Mon? If not Mareep will be boxed.

Did all the starting stuff and defeated Falkner.
I then found a Mareep who has joined my party.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Nice! Glad you?re having fun! On my end, I?ve been busy and have just started back up. Paras, Squirtle, and Spearow have all evolved and I caught a Dugtrio. I?ve beaten Surge and am headed to Rock Tunnel.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Update: I?ve defeated Erika and taken care of Team Rocket in the Game Corner and Pokemon Tower. Wartortle evolved into Blastoise and I?ve added two new team members: Onix and Jolteon (both male). I boxed Dugtrio...I intended to trade him for a Lickitung for dex purposes...only to realize that in FireRed the kid wants a Golduck for his Lickitung...(For some reason I was thinking of Yellow...even though upon looking it up I realized that trade is a Lickitung FOR a Dugtrio...) oh well. Anyway, I?ve now begun the trial to capture my final teamate...Kangaskhan. That means the common thread for all future teams will be a Kangaskhan since they?re a female only species. I?ve made 4 attempts in the Safari Zone to catch one but so far no luck. Gotta love the Safari Zone...sigh...

Team:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
So I've finished FireRed. I now have most of the new team bred and ready to go for HeartGold...but I'm gonna wait and update this post once they are completely transferred over. So here's the final team that entered the Hall of Fame and will make up my first generation!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Been a bit since I've done an update. I bred all of my team, transferred them over to HeartGold. I bred Blastoise and Kangaskhan together, but the rest of my team were bred with wild pokemon. Onix was bred with a female of his species and given a metal coat so I could finally have a Steelix this run through. Parasect was bred with a Venonat to get Psybeam, and I bred Fearow with a Doduo to get Tri Attack. That left me a slot open, so I captured a Gastly in Sprout Tower. Funnily enough, a majority of my team is now male so that should lead to good variety when I head off to Sinnoh. At this point, I've beaten the first 3 gyms and am about to leave Goldenrod and heads towards the National Park to take care of that pesky Sudowoodo blocking up the joint. Here's my team so far:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Haven't updated in awhile, so here we go. I've gotten all 8 Johto badges and am headed to Victory Road. I am contemplating trying to get the Thunderbolt TM for Spectra...but that's a lot of Voltorb Flip...I'll update the roster shortly

Years
Since I don't have black/white or black2/white two, I want to know if I can go x then y then alpha sapphire, then omega ruby, then sun, then moon and lastly ultra sun...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
This sounds like an interesting challenge. I'm going to use my team from my Sinking Sapphire nuzlocke to start. I just beat that game, and I never breed pokemon. My hall of famers were Infernape (Bongo), Haxorus (Blade), Weavile (Snivel), Mismagius (Bansheba), Ampharos (Ewvelyn), and Milotic (Arista). Arista was the MVP of this whole game after I lost my Swampert and then Greninja, and I discovered the wonder and horror that is a Milotic with Toxic. She is a monster.

Bongo is compatible with both Ewvelyn and Snivel, so I'm going to have Mareep and Sneasel siblings. I went back to get Blade dragon pulse, and I'll be breeding him with Arista. I'm hoping her children will carry me through Eternal X just like she did through this game. Bansheba was the only one left over, and she was a little tricky. I ended breeding her with a Jellicent named Kevin, since he was the only other pokemon i had from her breeding group.

I'm playing through the delta episode while I wait for my Pokemon to breed. I have my Misdreavus egg now, and Blade and Arista are currently at the daycare. Once I get all of them hatched, I'll transfer them over to a second hack game, Eternal X, with my character's daughter. Bongo and Blade's spots will be filled by two new Pokemon caught nuzlocke-style, so I have no idea what they could be yet. I'm hoping for a Toxicroak and a good ground type. A Garchomp would be cool.

I will tack on a tentative nuzlocke rule for this as well, since I like the challenge. I'm going to have a couple eggs transferred, so if anybody dies in Eternal X, I can keep going with their younger siblings or children, should that opportunity present itself. I hope that doesn't break any rules for this challenge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
Edit: I messed up and broke the rules, so I'm starting over on Leaf Green. Please ignore the rest of this post.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
Edit: I messed up and broke the rules, so I'm starting over on Leaf Green. Please ignore the rest of this post.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Sorry for the (2 year almost) late update...I just managed to beat the Elite 4 in HG. I originally planned to go all the way to Red, but I did outline in the rules that isn't a requirement for HGSS, as I consider that to be post game. Being that it's been so long, I'm looking to just move on to the next game in the lineup: Platinum. Below are my Hall of Fame team:

Spr_4h_094.png
Spectra LV 45
(Female)
-Hypnosis
-Night Shade
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb

Spr_4h_208_m.png
Sheen LV 45
(Male)
-Rock Smash
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Cut

Spr_4h_047.png
Tatsu LV 45
(Male)
-Slash
-Giga Drain
-Spore
-Leech Life

Spr_4h_087.png
Zero LV 50
(Male)
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Whirlpool
-Waterfall

Spr_4h_115.png
Kelly II LV 44
(Female)
-Strength
-Brick Break
-Crunch
-Fake Out

Spr_4h_022.png
Icarus LV 43
(Male)
-Fly
-Tri Attack
-Aerial Ace
-U-Turn

I will post once I have their offspring chosen and bred.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2022
Alright, the new team is ready. Being that none of my pokemon were in the same egg group this time, I was able to just breed them with wild mons. I bred Gengar with a Duskclops to get Thunderpunch and Will-O-Wisp. Parasect was bred with a Bellsprout, so he was able to pass on Leech Life as an egg move. Kangaskhan was bred with a Rhydon for Hammer Arm. Other than those examples, most passed down moves were the result of TM and HMs (I forgot to remove the HMs first). As this game was in the same generation as HGSS, I was able to trade the eggs themselves over in order to avoid obedience issues (though this obviously means I miss out on bonus EXP). The team is as follows:

Spr_4p_092.png
Stuart (Male)
-Hypnosis
-Lick
-ThunderPunch
-Will-O-Wisp

Spr_4p_185_m.png
Simon (Male)
-Rock Throw
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Rock Smash