• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Nuzlocke Ladder Challenge

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Nuzlocke Ladder Challenge

Welcome to the Nuzlocke Ladder Challenge
- The basis of this challenge is to create a progressively more difficulty nuzlocke challenge over the course of multiple runs, aiming to challenge your pokemon skills and abilities by seeing how far up the ladder you can climb

This challenge is to be played on Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon only
to test how far everyone can make it on the same game

Standard Nuzlocke Rules:
Spoiler:

Now for the Ladder Details

Each nuzlocke will add a rule making the run even more challenging, each time you beat the nuzlocke you move up a level on the ladder and may reset and and begin the game again with the next levels rules added to your challenge. In Example, upon starting this challenge you will play through a nuzlocke of the game with the standard rules, plus the rule given on Level 1 of the ladder. Now once you have completed the game and defeated the champion, your ladder rank will move up to 2. You may now attempt the challenged a second time with level 2's rule added on to level 1's, as the rules stack making it progressively more difficult the higher you go. If you should wipe during the run at any given point you may restart the challenge from the level you were on, so you can't lose your level at all.

The goal is to see what level you can reach on the ladder, before you feel that the challenge is seemingly impossible for you to defeat If this seems like too big a time commitment, you can play at whatever pace you like. Only bragging rights go to whomever sits atop the ladder

THE LADDER

LEVEL 1
NO EXP SHARE
Spoiler:

LEVEL 2
LEVEL CAP
Spoiler:

LEVEL 3
SET MODE
Spoiler:

LEVEL 4
NO ITEMS IN BATTLE / TM USAGE
Spoiler:

LEVEL 5
NO POKECENTER HEALING OR PC HEALING/SWITCHING
Spoiler:

Now that the major hindrances are out of the way, the rest of the ladder will focus on slowly cutting off your options

LEVEL 6
NO HELD ITEMS
Spoiler:

LEVEL 7
NO EVOLVING
Spoiler:

LEVEL 8
NO STAB MOVES
Spoiler:

LEVEL 9
NO STATUS MOVES
Spoiler:

LEVEL 10
NO POKEMART
Spoiler:

I hope you all see this as a cool opportunity for everyone to challenge themselves to the limit and see who can reach the top of the ladder first, although honestly I'm not even sure if it's doable. Nevertheless, I would love to give it a shot. If you find this challenge too long or complain about only having to add one rule per run as you go through, then don't complain, nobody has to play this challenge, I'm just putting out an idea I had that I believe has potential. There's also no reward for finishing the ladder, it's all simply for fun, and I have no way of knowing whether you truly completed them, so integrity is encouraged, it's just Pokemon.

LADDER LEADERBOARD
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Approved!

I can already see me failing Level 1 multiple times.

Thanks! My Goal for level will be to exploit the abilities I still have, like massive over-leveling and X-item spamming. I am not very familiar with gen 7, as I played Moon and Ultra Sun once each, so I'm hoping I didn't miss any huge workarounds to the rule set.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I took an L....

My team was doing solid for a while and only had one death up until the butterfree trainer on route 3.

His silver wind knocked out 5 members of my team before running out of PP. Inkay was able to survive the battle, but died later while training.

At that point all I had left was a cottonee and a zubat lv 11. I trained and cottonee to lvl 14 and figured I would be good against Hala with fairy wind and X defenses, however I forgot that crits hit through defense changes, so I ended up losing cottonee to his machop. Zubat faired well until the crabrawler with power up punch.

I will restart and attempt level 1 a second time, with hopefully better luck

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Well since you only stated no poke center healing, doesn't that technically mean you can still ask your mother to heal your pokemon?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Well since you only stated no poke center healing, doesn't that technically mean you can still ask your mother to heal your pokemon?
No, read the spoiler text for level 5, it clearly states that healing from any other NPC such as your mom is banned.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
No, read the spoiler text for level 5, it clearly states that healing from any other NPC such as your mom is banned.

Oh shoot I must have missed that! You're right, I guess I didn't read the challenge carefully enough. My bad!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 30, 2018
Hi, this challenge seemed like a lot of fun so I decided to join in. I am excited to see how far I can get and my goal is to make it to at least level 3. So far I have started out level 1 and made it to the Paniola Ranch on Akala Island. I have had 4 deaths along the way, my meowth, slowpoke, murkrow, and mankey. I have had a lot of fun and surprised that I have even made it this far. My team has been mostly Dartrix and Furfrou, but I am trying to train up the rest of my team before taking on the water trial.

My Team:

Cloak the Lvl 19 Dartrix
Silver the Lvl 19 Furfrou
Zap the Lvl 16 Grubbin
Philly the Lvl 14 Mudbray
Rusty the Lvl 14 Drowzee
Fancy the Lvl 14 Alolan Diglett

Years
I'll give this a go, I've never played Ultra Moon before so I am going in blind. I just got a good deal for it on eBay.

I'll see how far I can get.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I have taken a lengthy hiatus from Pokemon, or any other video games, but with the holidays approaching and more free time on my hands, I plan to dive back into this challenge, which I am still very excited to do, I just started up at the wrong time in August likely, with work and school starting up again. I am also going to consider working on the rules to allow for this challenge to be played on more than just Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 29, 2022
Where's the ban on SoS captures, clutching that 1% bagon rate to that 1% level 10 salamance op

Going straight to level 10 and gonna go down one for everytime i lose, let's see how that works out

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Well to answer your question, the rule is implied that by first encounter on the route, you have to catch the first pokemon that appears. I suppose you could SOS chain as long as the first pokemon has already been captured on a previous route.

Also, I would recommend starting on the first level to ease into it, as it's the general gist of the challenge to start at the bottom, however if you feel like attempting level 10, it is your game so have at it. However, attempting level 10 on the first try at the challenge will likely be straight up murder, as you have yet to gain experience with each of the individual rules and everything will be thrown at you at once. Also make sure you keep track of all of the rules since you're using all of them. Make sure you read the drop down arrows and if you find an exploit in any of rules that is too easy to abuse, let me know

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 29, 2022
Well to answer your question, the rule is implied that by first encounter on the route, you have to catch the first pokemon that appears. I suppose you could SOS chain as long as the first pokemon has already been captured on a previous route.

Also, I would recommend starting on the first level to ease into it, as it's the general gist of the challenge to start at the bottom, however if you feel like attempting level 10, it is your game so have at it. However, attempting level 10 on the first try at the challenge will likely be straight up murder, as you have yet to gain experience with each of the individual rules and everything will be thrown at you at once. Also make sure you keep track of all of the rules since you're using all of them. Make sure you read the drop down arrows and if you find an exploit in any of rules that is too easy to abuse, let me know

I think that using pokemon refresh is broken, can get easy critical hits, removing status, surviving with one HP, etc, you could make an 11th step adding it somewhere, but i would recommend allowing stab moves and swapping it with a refresh ban (stab ban completly shuts out some pokemon like grimer for example (may be salty as i caught one and it can only pound lol))

Back