• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Devices/Dream device/setup

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
What is everyones favorite device? Best software to you? Got a dream device or setup you want? What is it?

My favorite device is a bland idk, because every computer i probably got was crappy. I mean my lenovos was nice, that was about it.
My dream setup would be two windows moniters, and a chrome book laptop. I say that because the laptop wouldnt be for gaming, the moniters would be for that. Plus, everything outside I do of gaming would be fine on a chromebook. (no hate please)

Years
Favourite devices insofar as what? Favourite tech items in general? If we're going that route, I suppose my laptop would be my favourite item so far, but that mostly boils down to its convenience to use and general comfort more than anything else..

Not going to comment much on best software -- I don't really use many programs outside of Chrome/Discord to begin with, so...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I have old computers. Technology advances so fast that things that are 18 months are basically considered old. Note that the computers I use are pushing 7 times that so they're really old... In time, I plan to build a custom PC because most of what is sold in stores are bare bones low power models or one decent component packaged with a bunch of substandard components to keep the price down.

My dream build involves stuff that isn't even out yet. A 10nm CPU(currently on 14nm+++) with a compatible motherboard, Volta GPU, DDR5 RAM(although RAM may not be needed soon enough), two solid state drives of the latest and greatest model(they're being refined almost yearly), optical/Blue-Ray drive(still use CD's) and a 800 Watt Power Supply(depends on how much energy the components consume) with at least a Gold rating or better. All of that cooled with a water coolant system(since this will likely necessitate such a cooling system). As for monitor, probably 31 inch 4K with 144 Hz and 5ms(or less) response time(these monitors exist but not of that size and they're expensive as hell). No idea what aftermarket brand I'll get for GPU, much less the processor(at the rate Intel is going, AMD may beat them to the punch).

Last edited:
Back