• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Poketch

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
he Pokétch was an item introduced in D/P/Pt. Basically it was a watch with various apps on it such as the Memo Pad, where you could jot down notes quickly and a friendship checker. It also told the time while having other various interesting apps such as 'Coin Flip' and the Dowsing Machine which could find invisible items. Overall, you could get more and more apps as your journey continued.

Digital_Watch_App.png

My question to you is, did you like the Pokétch? Would you of preferred to have a device like the Pokenav or the Pokegear instead? Did you have any apps you particularly liked? And remember to give reasons on why, they're always good! Without further ado, discuss!

Years
I've never really played DPPt aside from doing challenges in them, so I never bother with collecting all the apps. Or using them. I always have the time app on and sometimes switch it to Dowsing Machine, when I know about hidden item I could use.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I tried to collect them all my first round through the game and there are some enjoyable apps. I mostly just left it on the app that gives you a preview of your team, though. It's very useful for keeping up with health and such so you know when to heal or just high tail it to a Pokemon Center. I got use of the coin flip one too, back when RNG abuse was a thing. lol

Years
Quite literally the most underrated piece of Pokemon technology of all time.

It was so much fun using most of the apps on it. Game Freak should really create something similar to it in Gen 8.

Last edited:

KommissarLT

KaiserGreed
Years
IMO the only 4 useful apps on the Poketch were the clock, the step tracker (for friendship and eggs), the map tracker (for roaming legendaries) and the Dowsing Machine. All the other ones are OK or just meh.

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
I remember just checking the other apps sometimes, but I used mostly the Dowsing Machine

It was an useful gadget to have though, granted

Sirfetch’d

I love the Poketch! While I don't think all of the apps were useful at all, quite a few of them were really handy and made it one of the more memorable bottom screens in Pokemon. The friendship checker was really amazing to me!

Years
The PokéRadar Checker was nice for my shiny radar hunting times, definitely my favorite given how interested in shiny hunting I was for DPPt post game haha. Pokétch in general was really fun and I cycled through apps often depending on need. :>

Back