• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Games Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
gB71pBs.jpg

THE HUNGER GAMES CHALLENGE

The old thread owner was inactive, so I was given permission to revive this thread. Basically, this challenge is obviously based off of the Hunger Games series, if you haven't read the books or seen the movie, I suggest you do, they're really good.

How to sign up for challenge:

First, go take this personality quiz to find out which District you belong in (Capitol included). Note that this quiz was not made by me, so credit to the creator of the quiz goes where credit is due.

quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/16563965/which-district-of-panem-do-you-belong-in-hunger-games

Next, use this sign-up sheet and you should be on the list within a week.

Username:
Game(s):
Ultimate:
District:

Example:

Username: Samurott01
Game(s): Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black
Ultimate: Yes
District: 13

Rules:

1a. Your Pokemon must be certain types based on your District. The list is as follows:

Spoiler:

1b. If you can not obtain a Pokemon of your types before you obtain your third badge, you may hack or trade ONE Pokemon of your District in.

1c. If you are playing on HG/SS, you may use Pokewalker to obtain Pokemon, if you have the option. If you play B/W/B2/W2, you may use Dream World/Dream Radar to obtain Pokemon. You can do this for as many Pokemon as possible, and none of them will count as traded or hacked.

1d. Legendaries are allowed if they are AT LEAST one of your types.

1e. The Fairy type WILL NOT be used in ANY of the District combinations. The Districts will stay the same. You can use Fairy-types if you want to and they share one of your types.

2. You MAY trade or hack a Pokemon just for the sake of evolution, however you don't have to evolve it if you don't want to.

3. After you defeat a Gym Leader, you have the option to form an alliance of sorts and adopt their type, enabling you to use up to three types. However, you may only do this for one Gym Leader; big alliances never work very well.

3b. The triplets, Cilan, Chili, and Cress, may confuse some people. You can only align with the one YOU beat, just to clarify for anyone playing Black or White.

4. If one of your Pokemon faints, you may not use it again, it is "dead". If all of your Pokemon "die", you lose and must start over.

5. HM slaves are allowed, but you must have only one and preferably your type. I realize that a few types can't use all HMs, so if the need be, it can be a different type.

6. You can only capture Pokemon that are in their first stage; the Hunger Games only accept kids as tributes (with only one exception - the 3rd Quarter Quell).

7. Hacks are allowed in place of your normal main series games, however they must be in the same region as the game it is replacing; for example, Fire Red Omega is allowed for Kanto, and Storm Silver is allowed for Johto. You may also use complete hacks, however they will be listed under a different section as the main series games.

8. Ultimates are not only allowed, but encouraged! An Ultimate is defined as at least three wins of the same District in at least three different regions.

9. In most games, the challenge ends when the credits roll for the first time, except in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, where you have to beat Red.

10. If, after being the Victor of five (5) Hunger Games, you choose to, you may challenge a Quarter Quell. You may challenge the first, second, or third Quarter Quell. The standards for the Quarter Quells are as follows:
Spoiler:

Tributes:
Spoiler:

Minor Champions (Won up to four Hunger Games):
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions (Won five or more Hunger Games):
Spoiler:

Quarter Quell Champions:
Spoiler:

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Last edited:
Years
Well what do you know... I broke part of my resolution.

Name: Honeyman
Game: Soul Silver
District: 13 (woopee, rock)
Optional rules: None

Years
Decided to give myself an extra rule that's not up there: If I have caught the Pokemon before, I can't catch another.

That means that if I caught a Geodude, I can't catch another Geodude even if the first faints. Though if the first Geodude never evolved, then I'm free to catch Graveler/Golem.

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Username- BlueShellBeast
Game- Silver
District- 4
Optional Rules?: I'll use #7
I'll also refuse to evolve the Pokemon that I use, seeing as they're supposed to be kids.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
How do we win the challenge? Also I feel like there is some possibility for eash district having two types, that way all the Pokemon types are represented, and you also some some variety so it's not just another monotype challenge. i.e. the Coal District could be Ground and Fire, etc.

Years
Well it is not only a monotype. It is like a monotype mixed with a nuzlocke.

But still, it is like a monotype mixed with a nuzlocke.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
That's a good point. Ill start thinking of a new type for each district. You win when you best the champion. Exceptfor Gold Silver and Crystaland remakes, you have to beat Red (he is Snow). Sorry for not clearing that up

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Name: Oshamaru
Game: Soul Silver
District: 3 - Steel
Optional rules: None

Eh, not that bad...But when I get to Chuck/Blaine... *shivers*

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Username- OrangeNess
Game- Gold Version (A lot of people are going with Gen II/Gen II Remakes, so why not follow suit?)
District- 4 - Water
Optional Rules?- 7
This is my first challenge! Wish me luck!

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
---ATTENTION----
Another type has been added to your district, you may use that type as well. So now you can get up to 3 types.

@OrangeNess Good Luck!!

And I'll update now!
I traded an Axew to my White game and started. I beat both people and obviously couldn't catch any pokemon. I beat Cilan ( I chose Oshwatt as my starter). I didn't choose grass pokemon as my alliance. That's my update for now :)

Last edited:

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
Username-lineofdeath
Game-white 2
District-13
Optional Rules?none, sorry

hi guys.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I beat the first gym (flying) with my party being:
Ariados.

And now I can start using grass types, sweet! I'm good with those (as you can probably tell)!

Just beat the second gym (bug) with my party being:
Butterfree
Ariados

I beat the first gym last night, but didn't post till this morning so I didn't beat both gyms within 5 minutes!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
Thanks for theupdate Slayr123,.impressive beating a flying gym with one bug Pokemon. and blueshellblast, you didn't have to ally with Whitney, because Eevee would evolve into one of your types. Butnormal should be useful sincethey learn such a variety of moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back