• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Conquest 2: Divide and Conquer [OOC] (Accepting SU's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If DBZ taught us anything, it's that power levels are absolute crap. Then again you have a Beedrill, and I was actually going to add in a random fact about being allergic to bees but got lazy. I think I'll add that in along with a more fleshed out character back story to give the now feuding ninja clans a little more fuel to feed the fire when I get some time.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
I think that I'm re-reserving cragspur. Maybe I'm early, I'm not sure how time works. :p

Also, can my pokemon be the wrong color?

Also, my character is going to be ujiyasu's kid. Since ujiyasu doesn't have a family name to give in conquest I found who he is base on in real life, a guy named hōjo ujiyasu. Would it be ok to name my guy with the family name hōjo? And would that make sense?

Last edited:
Years
If DBZ taught us anything, it's that power levels are absolute crap. Then again you have a Beedrill, and I was actually going to add in a random fact about being allergic to bees but got lazy.

The enemy being allergic is exactly the kind of dumb luck my guy has, which he would then claim he knew about and exploited because he's a genius.

Basically, his talent, luck, and ego are somewhere between Hercule (DBZ) and Starscream (Transformers).

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
I think that I'm re-reserving cragspur. Maybe I'm early, I'm not sure how time works. :p

Also, can my pokemon be the wrong color?

Also, my character is going to be ujiyasu's kid. Since ujiyasu doesn't have a family name to give in conquest I found who he is base on in real life, a guy named hōjo ujiyasu. Would it be ok to name my guy with the family name hōjo? And would that make sense?

Your Pokemon can be a shiny if you so wish, but not any other color than what a shiny of your partner or a normal version of your partner would be.

Also, that's fine. I think it would add a little diversity to your character's name anyway, so go ahead. Cragspur is now reserved for you again for the next 3 days. :)

Years
Updated my profile a tad...mainly under appearance and adding a couple random facts.

The enemy being allergic is exactly the kind of dumb luck my guy has, which he would then claim he knew about and exploited because he's a genius. Basically, his talent, luck, and ego are somewhere between Hercule (DBZ) and Starscream (Transformers).

Hopefully we can get this road on the show soon so we can see what will win; staunch professionalism or winging it and seeing what happens. :P

Also, that's fine. I think it would add a little diversity to your character's name anyway, so go ahead. Cragspur is now reserved for you again for the next 3 days.
1.%20smile.gif

I did that with my character as well. Not too good with Japanese names so it seemed to be the next best thing.

VillageofDragons

Years
Well after H3LL finishes his character for Cragspur we'll only need 2 more people to signup before I start the roleplay iC thread. I'm looking forward to it, and I hope you guys are too! I have some fun events planned for this roleplay in the future of the IC thread :)

Years
Have you posted in here yet? Might gather some results.

What happens to the kingdoms that do not get taken? Is there a line drawn already between them or are they considered neutral?

VillageofDragons

Years
Have you posted in here yet? Might gather some results.

What happens to the kingdoms that do not get taken? Is there a line drawn already between them or are they considered neutral?

No, I haven't posted there yet. But I'll be sure to do that soon. :)

The kingdoms that do not get taken just stay that way for the time being, nothing more or less. If a kingdom doesn't have a roleplayer, then they can't be attacked anyway. If a kingdom does have a roleplayer, they can be attacked, but if they defend and win against the invader then nothing happens. Since we're probably not going to have that many kingdoms filled over time, I won't restrict attacking and defending to just the kingdoms that are connected. Roleplayers will be able to use their once a week decision to attack any Roleplayer on the board in addition to the other events that take place during the week. :)

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
[/QUOTE]
The kingdoms that do not get taken just stay that way for the time being, nothing more or less. If a kingdom doesn't have a roleplayer, then they can't be attacked anyway. If a kingdom does have a roleplayer, they can be attacked, but if they defend and win against the invader then nothing happens. Since we're probably not going to have that many kingdoms filled over time, I won't restrict attacking and defending to just the kingdoms that are connected. Roleplayers will be able to use their once a week decision to attack any Roleplayer on the board in addition to the other events that take place during the week. :)[/QUOTE]

I just realized that I don't know the mechanics of how this rp is going to run. Did I miss a post? (Totally possible) or is there a post pending on them?

VillageofDragons

Years
The kingdoms that do not get taken just stay that way for the time being, nothing more or less. If a kingdom doesn't have a roleplayer, then they can't be attacked anyway. If a kingdom does have a roleplayer, they can be attacked, but if they defend and win against the invader then nothing happens. Since we're probably not going to have that many kingdoms filled over time, I won't restrict attacking and defending to just the kingdoms that are connected. Roleplayers will be able to use their once a week decision to attack any Roleplayer on the board in addition to the other events that take place during the week. :)

I just realized that I don't know the mechanics of how this rp is going to run. Did I miss a post? (Totally possible) or is there a post pending on them?

No, you didn't miss a post and a post isn't pending on the mechanics of the Roleplay. I was just explaining that above for people that didn't know, you don't need to worry about it. :)

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
Alright cool.

Also, I have my rough SU written up. I think this is the version of my character that I'm going to stick with. I can continue to edit if you'd like and probably will anyway until the eighth person has signed up.

Name: Hōjō Akuta, sage of stone

Age (18+): 20

Appearance (Picture, otherwise 1-2 Paragraphs):

http://imgur.com/ziCMelq

His clothing is grey, his skin is tan, his tattoos are black.

Personality (1-2 Paragraphs): Akuta is a scholar, he studies philosophy, science, mathematics, art, pokemon battle strategies, and much more. Akuta doesn't stop at knowledge of the mind, he also trains on the scorched rocks of Cragspur alongside Karn, his larvitar.
Between studying in the stone libraries of Cragspur, most of which Akuta put there, training on the searing cliffs of Cragspur, and being born in a mountain Akuta was dubbed "sage of stone"by his fellow Cragspurians.
Akuta knows very little about his mother, he once convinced Ujiyasu to show him the cave where he was born and her grave. Afterward Ujiyasu didn't speak for a full month.
Maybe his lack of knowledge about his mother is what leads him to study so hard. And maybe the looks of scorn from the people of Cragspur are what lead Akuta to train so hard. And maybe he would fight and learn just as emphatically if his mother were alive simply because he enjoys to.

History (2-3 Paragraphs): Hōjō Akuta slid into the hands of his father, Ujiyasu, 20 years ago. Ujiyasu quickly swaddled the small creature against his own chest to keep it warm, ignoring the birthing fluids and blood. A nurse carefully pulled a grey rag from boiling water and wiped the brow of Akuta's mother knowing that she could no longer feel warmth, or cold, or anything.
A sound came from deeper inside the cave, "I thought you checked to make sure there were no guests." Ujiyasu scolded the nurse, "You know there must be no guests!" As his voice raised the maid mumbled that she had checked the cave ended only a few feet out of the light of the fire.
More rock was heard falling and Ujiyasu's face became angry as he looked between the maid and the back if the cave. "If there is an intruder you must deal with them." His voice visibly bit into the maid.
she forgot her rag and slouched upright. "Medicham, prepare yourself." Her Medicham was as tired as the maid, he had been running for firewood and river water over the three previous days, but he said nothing as he stood to face their opponent.
The scratching grew louder and Ujiyasu angrily threw a burning log to the back of the cave. There was nobody and nothing there, only the smooth rock wall, shiny with the moisture of tier collected breath.
And then a small crumble of rock appeared just above the source of light. Gravel and dust fell onto the branch and it let off smoke from it's dying flames.
The hole expanded slowly, revealing small green claws. Medicham lowered it's guard before Ujiyasu and his maid. It was only a baby larvitar. Harmless at this point, and possibly in need of assistance. He walked to the wall and gently broke the rock away from the edges of the small hole.
Medicham picked up the small larvitar and gently carried it to his partner. She took the small pokemon and held it up to Ujiyasu to be studied. He didn't know very much about pokemon, but he could tell this larvitar was a sign from the mountain. His new child should not be hidden in the dark. Would not be hidden in the dark.
Ujiyasu would reveal his firstborn son to his kingdom and the people of Cragspur would have their prince. Illegitimate, small, born from a peasant woman, but a prince no less.
"Bring the little pokemon with you to the castle and prepare the people for an announcement. I will bury his mother." Ujiyasu's heart was broken by her death and he would not say her name for many years, and could not name his son for the same grief.

Faction (Truth, or Ideals):
Let's go... Truth
Kingdom:
Cragspur
Partner Pokemon (Based on the kingdom you choose your character will specialize in one of the 18 Pokemon types known. See a list below to see which Partner Pokemon you can choose from):
Larvitar
Partner Pokemon moves (Max 6. Egg moves, TM, and HM moves allowed):
Rock throw
Tackle
Sandstorm
Rest
Dragon dance
Snore

Partner Pokemon Level (5-15):

Partner Pokemon Ability:
Guts
Partner Pokemon Nature:
Adamant
Partner Pokemon Nickname (Optional): Karn

VillageofDragons

Years
Alright cool.

Also, I have my rough SU written up. I think this is the version of my character that I'm going to stick with. I can continue to edit if you'd like and probably will anyway until the eighth person has signed up.

- snip -

Hey H3115r3p3ntanc3, thanks for finishing your reserve. Your character is accepted:)

@Wizardman11: That's fine! The Kingdom Faerite is now reserved for you for the next 3 days. Also, I hate to be stingy about this but you including the 8th person that signs up have to choose Ideals as your faction since we already have 4 Truth Roleplayers and only 2 Ideal Roleplayers. Thank you, again I'm really sorry about this and if it's not okay with you I'll try to figure something out. :)

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
I'd like to reserve Ignis for myself.

It'll be a while before I can get in a complete sign-up though, as I've got to go away for two weeks. (I'm in the Navy, and my schedule is sometimes highly inconvenient.)

Years
Hey H3115r3p3ntanc3, thanks for finishing your reserve. Your character is accepted:)

@Wizardman11: That's fine! The Kingdom Faerite is now reserved for you for the next 3 days. Also, I hate to be stingy about this but you including the 8th person that signs up have to choose Ideals as your faction since we already have 4 Truth Roleplayers and only 2 Ideal Roleplayers. Thank you, again I'm really sorry about this and if it's not okay with you I'll try to figure something out. :)

Well that works out, I was going to choose Ideals anyway :)

VillageofDragons

Years
I'd like to reserve Ignis for myself.

It'll be a while before I can get in a complete sign-up though, as I've got to go away for two weeks. (I'm in the Navy, and my schedule is sometimes highly inconvenient.)

Okay, Ignis is reserved for yourself now for the next 3 days. You'll either have to renew it when each time comes until you finish your character, or Ignis will be open to anyone. As long as you're moderately active in the Roleplay I don't mind, just try not to be inactive for long periods of time without giving me a notice. :)

Years
Name: Lucas Fae

Age (18+): 19

Appearance (Picture, otherwise 1-2 Paragraphs):
Spoiler:

Personality (1-2 Paragraphs): Lucas is confident but he knows his limits and will back down if he knows he can't win. He tries to be kind whenever he can although his anger sometimes gets the best of him. He loves new experiences and enjoys a challenge. He sees the strength in others but sometimes fails to see his own strength, which leads to him underestimating himself. He is terribly clumsy and always enjoys watching others who are more graceful than himself.Which is probably why he is so fond of his ralts "Lady". He hates fighting, however he loves to show off and because of this his pokemon's moves are overly complicated and more show than strength. Even though he grew up on a floating island, he has an irrational fear of heights and because of that he knows the inner area of the islands very well while the outer edge is completely foreign to him.

History (2-3 Paragraphs): His childhood was great, a loving family with whom he was very close. His best friend was his ralts, because he had been the ruler's son he had never been able to make friends, he had constantly found that they were only friends with him because of his father. He became distant from the kingdom and spent his life secluded from the world. It was only when his father passed away that he came out of seclusion, forced into a role he didn't want. He took his role as ruler and allied with Nobunaga to create a world of Ideals so nobody would be forced in to a role they didn't want to take. (not the best at history, I usually end up being too general :()
After being forced to rule the region he secluded the region, cutting off trade and travel into and out of the region. Nobody was allowed in or out, eventually leading to the region being forgotten. Lucas found that he preferred to stay locked in a mansion he had built for himself and only made public appearances on special occasions. The more secluded he became the more the public felt he was unfit to rule, however he greatly improved the public education and knowledge of pokemon in the region which helped to improve public relations. He scheduled weekly pokemon contests and built many new contest halls in the region. He had put the emphasis on contests rather than battling which greatly decreased the power of their military.
Faerite itself was recently created to commemorate peace between the regions, each region sent pokemon and people to help build houses and buildings as well as populate the new region. Because of this Faerite is a diverse region, however it has created a unique culture due to the large amounts of flying and fairy type pokemon in the region. It has a large number of unique flowers and plants that inhabit the islands which made it a popular destination for tourism and vacationers. The buildings have an architectural style similar to ancient Asia, sloped roofs with edges that curve up, ornate designs, and multiple floors to buildings as it conserves land. Skyscrapers are incredibly popular, but due to lower technology level they are not as tall as those in other regions.

Faction (Truth, or Ideals): Ideals

Kingdom: Faerite

Partner Pokemon (Based on the kingdom you choose your character will specialize in one of the 18 Pokemon types known. See a list below to see which Partner Pokemon you can choose from):
Ralts (female)
Partner Pokemon moves (Max 6. Egg moves, TM, and HM moves allowed):
Ally Switch
Confusion
Teleport
Disarming Voice
Attract
Rain Dance
Partner Pokemon Level (5-15):11

Partner Pokemon Ability:Synchronize

Partner Pokemon Nature:Modest

Partner Pokemon Nickname (Optional):Lady

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Please note that my Sign-Up so far is a WIP. I'll try to get this done before I go away (unwillingly) from the Internet for two weeks.

Name: Adrian Draegar

Appearance: Wearing his wild hair long, he typically goes about all in white, grey, and similar colors. He always goes about in a semi-military appearance, and his looks, while mostly native, have foreign accents inspired by both his mother's culture as well as his time outside of Ignis. Despite his normally soft appearance, his indomitable will can easily be seen through his sharp eyes, which betray a person who has not led an easy life.

He never goes about without his sword, and is never seen without it unless he is in a sacred place where such things are forbidden -- and there are few enough places like that in Ignis, where war is common and he may be called to defend his title at any time. In addition, he carries his sword because he is almost always out fighting alongside his Pokémon where possible -- and that usually entails battles where a few bold or desperate bandit warriors are trying to have their way with things.

sakata_gintoki_by_felicemelancholie-d49q6os.jpg

Personality: Under normal circumstances, he's an easy person to be with. He is able to be reasoned with on nearly any subject, and he normally reserves passing judgment on most matters until he feels that he has heard the whole matter for himself. Overall, he is a conservative person who dislikes making a move until he has thoroughly thought out the options for himself.

He is generally hates getting into situations without knowing what is going on, and is known to think of a solution to any problem he has before attempting to solve it. He usually looks before he leaps, and is moderate almost to a fault in his behavior. This forced line of thinking leaves him slightly cold, even if he's easy to approach at first.

In personal matters, it's hard to get him to open up to others. He's used to being betrayed, and isn't innocent of using underhanded methods of achieving his most important goals -- even if he does feel the sting of regret in the end for it. Nonetheless, he does his own code of honor that keeps him from going too far to the extreme when his situation gets desperate. Under normal circumstances, he'll show all due courtesy as expected of a warlord to any guests within his kingdom, but he will act harshly against them if he believes their intentions are malevolent.

Even if he appears to be a bit apathetic and jaded as a person on the outside, he is passionate about making a positive difference in the world, in the direction of eliminating war forever in Ransei. It is in pursuit of this goal that his moderate demeanor gives way to his fiery heart. In the face of a threat to his own, this fiery attitude becomes nearly all-consuming: any immediate threat to his nation and his friends must be eliminated at all costs. These are among the only times he cuts loose, and gears his mind towards winning above all else.

In the heat of battle or in the field of politics, there are few lines he'll avoid crossing, aside from violating his own code of honor. Among those are the betrayal of his Pokémon or any close friends, and compromising on his ideals and his dreams of seeing a free and united Ransei. He'll protect his friends, defend his nation, and pursue his dreams, and he won't let anyone stand in the way of those ideals.

Aside from that, his main driving force is his own strong, indomitable will: he will not lose, at any personal cost to himself. He uses his own strong spirit to both inspire his friends and intimidate his enemies. He's remained solidly in control of Ignis by virtue of his strategic mind, his nigh-unbreakable spirit, and his devotion to his own honor and ideals.

History: He had always been a stranger, in a strange land -- the people of Ransei never let him forget that during his early years. His mother was foreign, having come from the rustic town of Opelucid in Unova, and he had no idea who his father was -- his mother never told him, and he never felt the need to know for the longest time. He was never there in their lives, having supposedly abandoned his mother during her pregnancy.

They wandered the land during his early years, trying to find a place to settle down and live in comfortably. However, both he and his mother looked far different than many of the natives, and the people of Nixtorm, given to the ice and snow, were among the only ones to let the two white-haired people in. They had just finished rebuilding from the war between Nobunaga and the hero of Ransei, and they were more inclined to let people such as them in. Although they found acceptance there, the land was too harsh for Adrian's mother, and they moved to Dragnor, where once again the climate proved too rough for the boy's mother. However, the ideals of the people, and their strong sense of honor would always stick with him.

With her health now beginning to fail for unknown reasons, they decided to move south in search of somewhere warm to live, and they eventually arrived at Ignis. The warlord then was a passionate and caring man by the name of Toyotomi Hideyoshi. He received the foreigners into his kingdom, and they were able to settle down. However, his sickly mother's health had declined past the skill of the local doctors to heal, and she passed away when Adrian was fifteen -- two years after they had settled down.

Without any parents, Adrian was left to fend for himself for a short time, before he was taken in by one of Hideyoshi's soldiers. He rapidly formed a bond with a Charmander that was presented to him as a gift from his surrogate father, and he proved that he was able to become a warrior. After that, his days were spent with his adopted father teaching him how to be a warrior, and a strategist. As the man rose through the ranks, so did Adrian until the old man retired from Hideyoshi's forces.

At the age of 18, Adrian had left his adopted father's household to be with the army full time, and was able to pursue his own goal of a free and united Ransei, having seen the outside world fall into chaos. By the time Hideyoshi appointed his weak son, Hideyori, Adrian was one of the generals in charge of Ignis's small army, by virtue of his keen mind and strong will. The people did not mind Adrian by the point; they had grown to accept him as one of the people, and he had made great strides towards strengthening the country in the wake of Hideyoshi's retirement and eventual death.

Three years passed, and during this time the country began to greatly weaken under the leadership of Hideyori, who seemed to lack direction and purpose. Hideyoshi died of his old age, and thus the government was left without its long-time leader. Adrian used this opportunity to challenge Hideyori to a battle, and the latter lost to Adrian and his Charmander, whose proficiency on the battlefield proved to be too much for Hideyori and his Torchic to handle.

With the Kingdom of Ignis now in his hands, Adrian rapidly consolidated both the country's small army and its government, and forced things to progress. Under his rule, the kingdom prospered, but Adrian felt that it wasn't enough. He wished for the world to share in Ignis's peace and prosperity, and thus began contemplating ways to spread the country's wealth and power to other kingdoms.

He was approached by an emissary from Nobunaga, in the second year of his reign. The man planted seeds of the notion that Nobunaga's dreams and ideals were in fact his own, and after he left, the seeds were planted. He made direct contact with Nobunaga, who finally convinced him to have Ignis join his coalition.

With Ignis now firmly with Nobunaga's camp, Adrian firmly believes that by allying himself with Nobunaga, his dream of an ideal world will more easily be fulfilled, and Ransei will finally know the peace it deserves. However, he knows that it is about to be plunged into a state of war, and when that time comes, he will not stop until the land is united under one banner, and war will finally be banished in the land.

Faction: Ideals -- He was recently convinced that Nobunaga's faction was in line with his own goals of seeing a united and peaceful Ransei, devoid of the war and chaos that Ignis has seen for years.

Kingdom: Ignis -- He has been its warlord for three years now, and thus far has crushed any internal competition, and fully consolidated his power within the kingdom.

Partner Pokémon: Charmander

Partner Pokemon moves:
-- Sunny Day
-- Fire Blast
-- Solar Beam
-- Dragon Dance
-- Beat Up
-- Dragon Claw

Partner Pokemon Level: 12

Partner Pokemon Ability: Solar Power

Partner Pokemon Nature: Hasty

Partner Pokemon Nickname: Blaze