The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
Trainer Personality Examination (Reborn)

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Closed Thread

Old January 26th, 2017 (1:02 PM).
Porygon Programmer

Nature: Lax
    This begins my log of this challenge! I will have the name of the Gym I completed, and have information of what I did from the previous Gym to the current one.
    For reference, here's my set of rules:
    Spoiler:
    Clauses:
    Noctowl: Noctowl owes you it's life, when you caught it back as a Hoothoot, you were actually saving it from poachers. No clause with this one, it is your loyal steadfast ally.

Seaking:This pokemon insists on leading the party whenever you're travelling on or near large bodies of water, however at night time it will prefer to sleep and must stay at the back of your party, only participating in battle when necessary.

Espeon: Since Eevee was originally a gift from Bill, Espeon can not be a higher level than the limit of your latest badge (e.g 1st badge states all pokemon up to lvl 30 will obey you etc) out of fear it will disobey you.

Special trainer missions:
    Firewall: Each of your pokemon must learn a stat boosting or protective move

Error 404: If one of your pokemon gets knocked out in an important battle with either your rival or a gym leader, you will be unable to use it for the next 5 standard trainer battles you come across while it reflects on how it let you down

I'm doing this challenge in Soul Silver, and I'm pretty happy with the team and unique title of 'Porygon Programmer' I was given.

Violet City Gym - Falkner
    Spoiler:

Eclipse (Eevee), Level 11
    Artemis (Hoothoot), Level 13
    Koi (Goldeen), Level 11
    Totodile, Level 10, HM Slave only

I began my journey by taking in a Totodile as my starter, primarily to act as an HM slave in the future. Using this Totodile, I reached Cherrygrove City and Mr. Pokemon's house on the request of Prof. Elm. Once I defeated Silver for the first time and obtained a few Pokeballs from Lyra, I was ready to go catch the team that I was assigned. Hoothoot was readily available just outside New Bark Town, but Goldeen and Eevee would not be available for a long time, so the only choice I had here was to go ahead and generate the two Level 5 Pokemon. I decided to name Eevee Eclipse since it seemed like a fitting name for either and Umbreon or an Espeon, Hoothoot was name Artemis after a shiny Noctowl I caught in Y, and Goldeen was simply name Koi because... you know, Seaking's a koi. Once I was done with this process, I began to finally make my way towards Violet City to challenge the monks of Sprout Tower and Faulker, the leader of the Violet City gym.
    Finally reaching Violet City, I headed into Sprout Tower to begin the challenge (which for reasons I will never understand, is a prerequisite for the Gym). The Sprout Tower Monks were all a breeze, since my Hoothoot was Level 10 and has Peck. The real challenge is going to be Falkner, since the only decent attacks I have ready are Tackle and Peck. Nothing else.
    I got super lucky, both Eclipse and Koi got knocked out by Falkner's Pidgeotto, but I was able to use Artemis's Hypnosis to put it to sleep, effectively knocking it out. Unfortunately, due to my Error 404 rule, I have to leave Koi and Eclipse out of my next 5 trainer battles, but that should pass by quickly enough. Now to work towards the next gym over in Goldenrod City!

GTXVI Egg Swap Winner

3DS FC: 4743-0212-8273
    Switch FC: 1125-1684-1427
    Old January 26th, 2017 (11:44 PM).

Nature: Quirky
      Mightyena is one of my favorite pokemon :D I'll get to work as soon as I am out of school for the day.
      Old January 27th, 2017 (2:28 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Batmans Twin Brother, Botmon View Post
        Username: Batmans Twin Brother, Botmon
        Game: X

Spoiler:
        a) Favorite color: Red

b) Select one of the following which best describes you: Brains

c) Favourite Animal: Jellyfish

d) Where would you rather be: Forest

e) Favourite Food: Lasagna

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one?: Probably a little more feminine

g) Which one are you most like? Good or evil?: Good

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular?: Slender

i) Which do you prefer?: Mammal

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference: Steel, Poison, Fighting

k) What Pokemon do you hate (no more than 5):
        Probopass, Granbull, Landorus, Talonflame, Jynx

l) What profession do you aspire to be most?: Either something in art or in writing

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones?: Variety of colours

n) Name a person that Inspires you?: Batman

o) What is your favourite music?: Rock

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday?: My birthday

q) What is your zodiac sign?: Leo, even though I'm barely like what the sign describes.

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to?: New Zealand

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent?: Smart and unattractive

t) What colour do you loathe?: Green

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you?: I'd say a solid 6.

v) Favourite type of Subject: Art and English

w) Name one talent of yours: Eating and sleeping
        Skateboarding

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives:
        Quirky, kind and funny

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most?: Brock, because he never gets the girl ;)

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe?: Rock and Ground types just don't really interest me all that much.
        Here's your team, i hope you enjoy it :)

Spoiler:
        Trainer class: Aspiring author
        Ever since you were a kid you've dreamed of being a famous author. Nothing got your blood pumping like the thought of seeing your books on shop shelves. You've spent most of your waking hours daydreaming and planning the perfect novel to launch your career; one that publishers would recognize as a true work of art. But you're stuck. No matter what you plan you're just not satisfied with any of the mediocre novels you've half finished. Determined to remove this writers block you decide to go on a pokemon journey and see the world a little. Gaining the title of champion could only give your future career a boost too - after all the current champion parades around as an actress...suddenly the idea hits you. Your book will document your journey to becoming the champion!
        Team: *since you're first pokemon isn't available until route 5 you may use your starter until then
        Fighting, Quirky, Mammal
        Steel, Art (swordplay these days can be considered an art), Variety of colors (look how colorful its sash is throughout evolution)
        Poison, Batman, Brock (he gets one in the anime)
        Clauses:
        Pangoro: This Pokemon has appointed itself as your guardian. At night he must lead the team, counting on his intimidating appearance to ward away thieves and danger.
        Aegislash: This Pokemon has a reputation to uphold as a steadfast guardian of kings. it must always be the strongest Pokemon in your party and learn at least 1 move of a different type to it for coverage in battle
        Crobat: This Pokemon dislikes water, it will switch out if it rains or if the opponent has a water type
        One day i'll be famous: Name your Pokemon after your favourite authors (or authors you know of if you don't have many favourites)
        Grabbing the readers attention: Having both high and low moments is what grabs the reader and gets them on your side. When facing and important battle (gym leaders,rivals) you may only use a maximum of two healing items in that battle. The exception being Team flare. No one wants the bad guys to win.

Completed Challenges
        Crazy Clause - Randomised Fire red - Use only colorless pokemon
        Old January 27th, 2017 (7:53 AM).

Though does the Mightyena have any restrictions? I also have a birthday party to attend at 17.45 ^^
          Old January 27th, 2017 (11:02 AM).
          I can't add apostrophes to my name ;-;

Nature: Sassy
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
            Here's your team, i hope you enjoy it :)

Spoiler:
            Trainer class: Aspiring author
            Ever since you were a kid you've dreamed of being a famous author. Nothing got your blood pumping like the thought of seeing your books on shop shelves. You've spent most of your waking hours daydreaming and planning the perfect novel to launch your career; one that publishers would recognize as a true work of art. But you're stuck. No matter what you plan you're just not satisfied with any of the mediocre novels you've half finished. Determined to remove this writers block you decide to go on a pokemon journey and see the world a little. Gaining the title of champion could only give your future career a boost too - after all the current champion parades around as an actress...suddenly the idea hits you. Your book will document your journey to becoming the champion!
            Team: *since you're first pokemon isn't available until route 5 you may use your starter until then
            Fighting, Quirky, Mammal
            Steel, Art (swordplay these days can be considered an art), Variety of colors (look how colorful its sash is throughout evolution)
            Poison, Batman, Brock (he gets one in the anime)
            Clauses:
            Pangoro: This Pokemon has appointed itself as your guardian. At night he must lead the team, counting on his intimidating appearance to ward away thieves and danger.
            Aegislash: This Pokemon has a reputation to uphold as a steadfast guardian of kings. it must always be the strongest Pokemon in your party and learn at least 1 move of a different type to it for coverage in battle
            Crobat: This Pokemon dislikes water, it will switch out if it rains or if the opponent has a water type
            One day i'll be famous: Name your Pokemon after your favourite authors (or authors you know of if you don't have many favourites)
            Grabbing the readers attention: Having both high and low moments is what grabs the reader and gets them on your side. When facing and important battle (gym leaders,rivals) you may only use a maximum of two healing items in that battle. The exception being Team flare. No one wants the bad guys to win.
            This is great! I like the added challenge with the limited healing. I'll start this as soon as I can.
            Old January 27th, 2017 (8:52 PM). Edited January 28th, 2017 by RedHead!.
            Just an Ordinary Weirdo

Update #1!

Struggling Actor
              Spoiler:

Ace lvl. 14
              Naïve
              Tackle
              Sand Attack
              Gust
              Quick Attack

Ace blew through Viola's team. (Pun totally intended) After the battle, I headed to the store to buy myself some new clothes. The ones I had were so drab! After hours of browsing, I found the right hat and buttons. (I bought the Black Knit Cap and the Gray Button) I couldn't choose anything but perfection. After all, I have an image to maintain!

Afterwards, I head out towards Lumiose City.
              SS: 4/16 OR: 0/8 Platinum: 0/8 White: 0/8 Y: 0/8

Old January 28th, 2017 (12:13 AM).
              Waffless

Nature: Quiet
                Wasn't able to post an update because I really had to focus on schoolwork the past week, but now I have some time. So, here:

Team:
                Spoiler:

"Columbus" the Lotad
                Level 17

Astonish
                Absorb
                Growl
                Nature Power

Spoiler:
                I headed onto Route 104. While there, I battled a few trainers and picked some berries.
                I then headed forward to Petalburg Forest, and found the guy who was looking for Shroomishes. We got attacked by a "Team Aqua" person, and I of course won against his Poochyena. The guy standing next to me thanked me for my efforts, and gave me a Great Ball.
                I made my way out of Petalburg Forest and came out on the other end of Route 104. I immediately saw some berries to pick, so that's exactly what I did. Ahead, there was a small house, with a sign saying "Pretty Petal Flower Shop" on it. A kid was standing around it, and gave me the TM for Bullet Seed.
                To the left of the house, there was a narrow path that led me to find a potion! I then went into the house and received a Wailmer Pail and some berries from some people in there. I watered the berries outside, and kept going forward.
                After battling a few trainers, my Lotad evolved into Lombre! I then picked even more berries, and after what felt like forever, I made my way to Rustboro City! My initial thought was This place is giant!, and to be honest, it really is.
                I healed up my Lombre and started to get to know this place. I went into the Trainer School and received a Quick Claw from the teacher.
                I went into some guy's house, and he asked me for a joke that he could tell his daughter, to feel better because she was sick. I told him my best joke (What does a Goat eat for breakfast? Goatmeal), and he gave me a wallpaper for my PC. I went to the Pokemon Center and changed my Box 1 Wallpaper to this.
                I went to a house next to the Pokemon Center, named "The Cutter's House". I went in, and an old guy gave me HM01, Cut!
                After learning neither Lombre nor the Mudkip in my PC can learn Cut, I went all the way back to Route 102 to catch a Zigzagoon (named Lincoln), and taught him Cut.
                After training my Lombre to level 15, I decided to face the Rustboro Gym, and it's leader, Roxanne!
                I swept all the trainers in the gym with Lombre and Absorb, and I battled Roxanne.
                I made quick work of her two Geodudes, but she kept spamming potions on her Nosepass, and after almost running out of PP for Absorb, I defeated Nosepass and won the battle!
                Roxanne gave me the Stone Badge, and TM39, Rock Tomb!

I decided to call this a day, and figured I would continue tomorrow, so... next update coming tomorrow (hopefully!)
                Old January 28th, 2017 (8:44 PM).
                The Jack of all Trades

Log 2#

-Being able to Play
                  -After a long fight of milk Drinks we beat Whitney.
                  -We did most of the side things inside the city and headed for the next gym
                  -Vincent and Baxxter evolved
                  -Did some Poke-athlon.
                  -Trained hard enough to fight Morty as well as to release some of the shadows in the town.
                  -Everyone is Level 25
                  -We beat Morty

Vincent Level 25 - Zoom Lens.
                  -Mud Bomb
                  -Water Gun
                  -Blizzard
                  -Slam

- Baxxter Level 25
                  -Hypnosis
                  -Confuse Ray
                  -Curse
                  -Night Shade

- Dalfos- Level 25
                  - Leer
                  - Dragon Rage
                  - Thunder Wave
                  - Twister
                  Old January 29th, 2017 (8:21 AM).

Adventure Log #1

- Picked Mudkip
                    - Got through all the boring stuff
                    - Finally caught my first team member, Aloyse the Ralts
                    - Wally Introduction
                    - Caught Yip the Poochyena (Has three perfect ivs so he has a chance owo)
                    - Fought Team Magma
                    - Aquired Exp. Share
                    - Battled trainers
                    - Rustboro City Arrival
                    - Route 116
                    - Rustboro City Gym
                    - Now standing besides Roxanne

Aloyse the Ralts
                    Lv. 12, Rash
                    - Disarming Voice
                    - Confusion
                    - Double Team
                    - Teleport

Yip the Poochyena
                    Lv. 10, Naughty
                    - Snatch
                    - Howl
                    - Sand Attack
                    - Bite

Since nobody has given my Poochyena a restriction, I am unsure if he has none?
                    Old January 29th, 2017 (9:44 AM).

Adventure Log #2

- Defeated Roxanne
                      - Got the Devon Parts
                      - Talked to Mr. Stone
                      - Sailed with Mr. Briney and Peeko

Short update, sorry. ^^
                      Old January 29th, 2017 (10:25 AM).
                      Smile... or go to jail

My first Pokemon Y update, I got a little bit delayed by job interviews and ill families but I finally got some of this game done! I'm playing this game as the female character cause X and Ys clothing and hair options are way better for women!

Spoiler:
                        I was so relieved. I really thought I was done for when they found out the truth. One time I'd gotten involved with the wrong people. One time was all it took. Lucky for me my work as a detective for the International Police had been fairly superior so far, I'd even managed to track down some portal to the Distortion World in Sinnoh a few years back after some kids had gone chasing after the leader of Team Galactic when he'd been dragged in by Giratina.

Now I was back in Kalos, being 'gently dismissed' all because I'd battled alongside some former Team Plasma grunts in Unova. If they had just not been in their old uniforms I'd be fine, but no point in dwelling on that now. I knew what I was going to do now anyway, I'd been thinking about it for a while but I'd always hoped to have my faithful Furfrou by my side when I did it but I'd been forced to return him to my boss before I got the sack. All this meant though was that I'd have to go out and catch some new Pokemon and probably take on the Gym Challenge to get them strong enough for my new mission. I'm a pretty good detective if I do say so myself, and it's about time I opened my own agency.

Back in my home in Aquacorde Town, a group of four children had been selected by the renowned 'Professor Sycamore' to travel the Kalos Region and uncover the region's many secrets on the subject. The children knew me, they were all around 14 years of age whereas I was 20. The six year age gap had meant we knew each other but we didn't know each other. However, I knew they could be incredibly useful for my mission. My goal now (besides opening my own agency) is to get a name for myself, when I had worked for the police, work had come easy, now that I was working for myself, people weren't so ready to hire some random girl with no Pokemon.

Shauna was the sweet one, but she had hidden strengths when it came to her friends. I had seen her fierce, fearless side a few times before growing up, whenever anyone upset one of her friends she was always prepared to jump to their defense.
                        Tierno was interesting, it was harder to see how he would help me in the long run, but his never faltering facade of happiness would help keep the others motivated I suppose.
                        Trevor was the smart one and he would be an amazing asset if I could convince him to help me. His dedication to research was second to none amongst the group so I would definitely be needing him.
                        Calem was the strongest of them. His command over Pokemon was impressive, he had been gifted with a Froakie from the professor and had mopped the floor with Shauna and her Chespin. He would also be vital to my goal.

Besides running my own agency, my goals were gaining a Champion title to prove my strength to anyone who questioned it. My other goal was to track down the Legendary Pokemon of Kalos, Yveltal. Yveltal had only appeared in myths throughout Kalos and I knew if there was any way to prove my skills as a detective, it would be proving the existence of one of our very own legends. This is what I needed the kids for, I needed them to be my eyes and ears as I travel the region. There's only so much data I can gather by myself so having them to assist was a must.

The first step to my plan was to catch a Pokemon, traditionally detectives working for the International Police get one Pokemon to assist them on investigations, however, I don't have to follow those rules anymore and I decided that three Pokemon was a far better number. With three by my side, I could be truly powerful, subtle and the team would be manageable. Three was also just enough to cover three main methods of transport I would be needing to get around the Kalos Region in a pinch. I had carefully planned the Pokemon I wanted to use for my mission, Talonflame, Gogoat and Sharpedo. The perfect trio to travel with, and I had managed to catch a Fletchling just outside my house. I wanted to give her a nickname as an inside joke with myself about some of the codenames used in the International Police. I named her Nancy and made my way to the center of town. To my dismay, I found out that the kids had already left and were probably making their way through the Santalune Forest by now, so I couldn't afford to waste any more time. With Nancy on my shoulder, I made my way along the short Avance Trail and into Santalune Forest.

It was surprisingly light in the forest, the trees weren't so unbearably thick that light couldn't get through which made traversing the thick grass much easier. There were many other rookie trainers here, but with a bit of training, Nancy and I had no trouble beating them all in battle. Admittedly one girl and her Pikachu had gotten pretty close to defeating us, but we managed to pull it back and win the battle. We continued down the path for a little while and finally, I spotted a couple of the kids I was looking for. Shauna and her Chespin were battling against a wild Pikachu whilst Tierno and his Corpfish were cheering nearby. I approached right as the Pikachu darted off into the trees and disappeared from sight. I greeted them and was surprised to see they recognised me right away, maybe this wouldn't be so hard after all. I was right. They were on board right away, Shauna even called up Calem and Trevor with her Holocaster and filled them in on my plan as well, they agreed as well (although Calem initially looked a little skeptical) and I registered all four of them to my own Holocaster. I asked them to call me Warne when discussing these matters as that was what most of my colleagues in the International Police referred to me as but told them they could still call me Kate in most normal situations. I introduced Shauna and Tierno to Nancy and we agreed to traverse the rest of the forest together.

After spending forever wandering through the forest, Ouvert Way was a pleasant change of scenery. The main population of the route was young children with equally young Pokemon, but they insisted upon battling with Nancy who made short work with their Pokemon. It didn't take long for us to reach Santalune City after the battles and I was ready for my first gym battle. Shauna insisted on watching me battle, which ended up with all four of them coming to the gym with me to watch the fight, apparently, Calem was only there to see 'what I was made of'. I was ready for this, I knew the gym couldn't be too hard with Nancy by my side and I was right again! Leader Viola's Pokemon didn't stand a chance against her and before long, I had my first gym badge in hand. Not wanting to waste time, I had Nancy healed at the Pokemon Center and headed north out of town.

Shauna caught up with me on Parterre Way and expressed her disappointment in herself for being unsuccessful in catching any Pokemon so far. Deciding that helping her along would ultimately help me along too I pulled her away from the path going through the route and towards the long grass that sprawled out along the edges of the road. The area was teeming with Pokemon and after checking her Pokedex to decide what she wanted to look for, declaring Skitty to be the 'perfect Pokemon for a cutie like me' struggling to hide my eye roll, I asked Nancy to fly up high and see if she could spot any of the little felines nearby. Barely twenty minutes later and Shauna was clutching her newly filled Pokeball in her hands. She thanked me for helping her and decided she would head back to Santalune to heal and train her new companion. A high five later and I was left watching her rapidly retreating figure charge down the path.

Upon entering Lumiose City, two of the professor's assistants appeared and said the professor wished to speak to me and that I had to meet him at the lab for a talk. They guided me there (clearly unaware of who I was and how many missions I had completed in this sprawling city) and took me to the 3rd floor where a somewhat concerned looking Professor Sycamore waited for me. He needed to have a 'serious chat' about what I was involving the kids in and I had no intention of lying to him. Being completely honest I told him of my interest in proving the existence of Legendary Pokemon to him and he seemed to relax a little, his final request was that I battle him to demonstrate my abilities before he allowed the kids to work with me. He was fairly formidable, using each of the Kanto starters basic forms but Nancy and I had trained hard along Route 4 and managed to secure ourselves a victory.

I made my way out of the lab and excitedly made my way to Route 5 or Versant Road I knew I could catch Skiddo here which I needed for the next member of my team. It didn't take long to find one and the resulting capture triggered an evolution for Nancy. Gaining her fire type and the Flame Body ability, she was getting to be quite the force to be reckoned with. I named the Skiddo Marple and began her training straight away. The route was a fairly simple one and it didn't take long for us to arrive in Camphrier Town. I met back up with the group here and Trevor informed me of a book he had found in a library back in Lumiose City, the book contained an artist's concept of Yveltal's appearance. He had taken a photo of the page and promptly stuck it in front of my face. It looked pretty fearsome! I thanked him for his work and made my way through the town towards Route 7, not wanting to waste time in a town with no gym.

As I made my way along Riviere Walk, I came across an allotment filled with berry trees, an older man was struggling to hobble around all the trees and after introducing himself, gave me ownership of the allotment. He gave me a few different types of berries to plant in some of the empty spaces and bimbled away towards a house at the edge of the field. I went around and planted all of the berries I had and decided to pitch my tent here for the night a while so I could collect the berries when they'd grown. Whilst I had wanted to whip around the region as fast as possible, it would be nice to take a few days with my team to train and get to know each other a little better.

Almost a week later I had over twenty of each Oran, Pecha, Cheri and Rawst berries. We finally left the field and began traveling across the route again. We came across a bridge that was completely blocked off by a sleeping Snorlax, a few other people were standing around, completely stumped as to how they would travel now. I promptly showed them that the water beneath the bridge wasn't even a foot deep and made my way across with no problems. Silly people.

After being granted a title of nobility and partaking in a multi battle with a few of the kids I'd hired, I came across a cave called Zubat Roost and apprehensively made my way through. Crobat were great Pokemon, I was pretty sure a kid who defeated Cynthia a while back had used one to do so, but Zubat were a different story. They were up there as one of the most irritating Pokemon to have to fight in the wild, for good reasons. Damn Supersonic. Thankfully the cave wasn't too long and we made it to Ambrette Town before long. Like the last town, this one didn't have a gym so I was eager to make progress to Cyllage City which I knew definitely did have a gym, however, a man with very tall red hair stopped me as I made my way to the lower level of the town. He rambled on for a while about beauty and how the world was slowly getting out of hand before finally telling me his name (Lysandre) and that he was an associate of the professor's. He seemed nice enough and was very intrigued by my work looking into Yveltal. He finally let me go and then Calem appeared, saying he wanted my help to go and find a professor who was lost in Glittering Cave. I reluctantly agreed.

It wasn't until I was almost completely across Route 9 with Calem that I recognised Lysandre as the creator of the Holocaster. How had I not realised sooner? Mentally scolding myself for not recognising him right away, I was barely aware of Calem talking to me as we rode a Rhyhorn across the rocky ground leading up to the cave. Upon entering the cave we were assaulted by various Pokemon hiding in the shadows, most notably, a Kangaskhan who went on a rampage and took both me and Calem to subdue. The layout of the cave seemed to change the deeper we went, what was originally a narrow path was now a wide open space and there appeared to be some odd looking people in bright red suits patrolling around. The first man we found introduced himself as a grunt of 'Team Flare' before challenging me to a battle, wishing I still had a badge to flash and arrest him, I settled for letting Marple smack down his Pokemon instead whilst Calem ran ahead and battled the next member. Finally, we took out the last two members in a multi-battle and found the professor at the back of the cave, completely unaware of any danger he had been in.

All three of us left the cave together and rushed back to Ambrette Town where Calem started to interrogate the man on his knowledge of Mega Evolution, a factor I had considered but deemed unnecessary when I planned out my team. I knew Sharpedo could Mega Evolve but the stone to do so wasn't found in Kalos and far too expensive to import from the Hoenn Region, maybe if my plan worked I'd look into it but for now, I would go without. Finally being free to move on from this town, I left Calem with the professor and made my way along the seafront to Cyllage City. Finally, I was free to get my second badge. I picked up a bike on my way and made my way up the hill towards the gym soon after.

The Gym Trainers were fairly easy to defeat with Marple on my side, she was a force to be reckoned with in this gym and made short work of everything apart from a Dwebble. Feeling confident we made our way to Grant and challenged him for my next badge. He wiped the floor with us. His Amaura took out Marple in one hit and Nancy managed to defeat it only to be smacked down by Tyrunt. We recollected ourselves in the Pokemon Center and decided to train for a little while before coming back. We traveled back to the Battle Chateau and battled until I earned the rank of Viscountess before heading back to Cyllage City and challenging Grant once again. Opening with Nancy this time, she managed to knock out Amaura with a tricky combination of Flame Body, Roost and Ember. I switched her out for Marple to battle Tyrunt and managed to Leech Seed and Bulldoze it into submission. Finally claiming our second badge, we decided to take a break before carrying on.

The Team:

Spoiler:

Nancy (F)
                        Level 27 (rash, proud of its power)
                        Moves: Ember, Roost, Quick Attack, Peck

Marple (F)
                        Level 27 (serious, alert to sounds)
                        Moves: Rock Smash, Razor Leaf, Bulldoze, Leech Seed

Gonna try and stick to updating every two badges this time around rather than after five and then three. @RibbonsAndRings take the freebie I guess and enjoy Mightyena being a nice Pokemon who just wants to help.
                        Old January 29th, 2017 (12:03 PM).
                        #GoStags

Nature: Docile
                          I've never done a challenge before and I've just completed another playthrough of Moon so I'm looking for something interesting to do.

Username: TechnicolourMemecoat
                          Game: HeartGold

Spoiler:
                          a) Favourite colour:
                          Blue

b) Select one of the following which best describes you:
                          (Brains, Beauty, Brawn, Brave, Blissful)
                          Brains

c) Favourite Animal:
                          Tawny Owl

d) Where would you rather be:
                          (Beach, Forest, Volcano, Marsh, City, Graveyard,Snowy Field, Desert, Large Meadows.)
                          Forest

e) Favourite Food:
                          Jam Tarts

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one?
                          No

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil
                          Bit of both

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular?
                          Muscular

i) Which do you prefer?
                          (Mammals, Reptiles/Amphibians, Bugs, Fish, Birds or mythical creatures)
                          Birbs :3

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference.
                          Flying, Grass, Ice

k) What Pokemon do you hate (no more than 5)
                          Lucario, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Emolga, Scrafty

l) What profession do you aspire to be most?
                          Footballer (Sigh....soccer player if you're of a North American persuasion)

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones?
                          Earth tones

n) Name a person that Inspires you?
                          David Attenborough

o) What is your favourite music?
                          Rock

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday?
                          Can Christmas count because I'm an atheist? If not, probably Burns Night. I ****ing love haggis.

q) What is your zodiac sign?
                          Libra.

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to?
                          Canada

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent?
                          Smart and unattractive, because I already am.

t) What colour do you loathe?
                          Grey. Although I don't loathe it, it's just boring.

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you?

v) Favourite type of Subject (Art , Science Geology, Ect)
                          Geography

w) Name one talent of yours.
                          I'm pretty good at throwing sweets up in the air and catching them in my mouth.

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Example: smart, kind, pretty
                          Intelligent, distant, perpetually annoyed by humanity.

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most?
                          Gladion. I like my own company, I hate stupidity/laziness/incompetence, and I anger easily, mainly when confronted with stupidity/laziness/incompetence.

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe?
                          Most Fighting types, and 80% of Gen 5 Pokemon.
                          Old January 29th, 2017 (1:52 PM).
                          Smile... or go to jail

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by TechnicolourMemecoat View Post
                            I've never done a challenge before and I've just completed another playthrough of Moon so I'm looking for something interesting to do.

Username: TechnicolourMemecoat
                            Game: HeartGold

Spoiler:
                            a) Favourite colour:
                            Blue

Brains

c) Favourite Animal:
                            Tawny Owl

(Beach, Forest, Volcano, Marsh, City, Graveyard,Snowy Field, Desert, Large Meadows.)
                            Forest

e) Favourite Food:
                            Jam Tarts

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one?
                            No

Bit of both

Muscular

i) Which do you prefer?
                            Birbs :3

Flying, Grass, Ice

Lucario, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Emolga, Scrafty

Footballer (Sigh....soccer player if you're of a North American persuasion)

Earth tones

David Attenborough

Rock

Can Christmas count because I'm an atheist? If not, probably Burns Night. I ****ing love haggis.

Libra.

Canada

Smart and unattractive, because I already am.

Grey. Although I don't loathe it, it's just boring.

Geography

I'm pretty good at throwing sweets up in the air and catching them in my mouth.

Intelligent, distant, perpetually annoyed by humanity.

Gladion. I like my own company, I hate stupidity/laziness/incompetence, and I anger easily, mainly when confronted with stupidity/laziness/incompetence.

Most Fighting types, and 80% of Gen 5 Pokemon.
                            Okay I struggled a bit with this one but here you go, let me know if you have any problems/questions :D

Spoiler:

TRAINER CLASS
                            The Attenborough Protege

You’ve watched every documentary growing up! You know everything there is to know about most of the Pokemon on your planet thanks to Attenborough’s in depth explanations on each of their habitats and lifestyles but there’s one issue, he hasn’t covered your home region yet, but you know it’s happening soon. A recently announced competition from the production company behind the documentaries presents the perfect opportunity to impress him, if you can show him how well you know the Pokemon of this region then maybe, just maybe, you could help him find some of the Pokemon and finally get a chance to meet your hero.

POKEMON

Tawny owl, brains, birbs

Rock, earth tones, muscular

Angers easily, footballer (looks sporty), perpetually annoyed by humans

As you said you dislike a lot of fighting types here's a bonus 'mon if you'd rather use this instead

Distant (probably in the wrong way), smart and unattractive, good and evil (Slowpoke=good Shellder and the biting=evil)

Noctowl: With smarts like these, this Pokemon becomes jealous easily. This Pokemon demands to be involved in every gym battle, if not it will refuse to battle along the next route.

Rhydon: Eager to please and proud of its power, Rhydon doesn’t wanna waste any time with status moves. This Pokemon refuses to learn anything that isn’t an attacking move.

Primeape: Always angry and ready to fight, Primeape insists upon leading the charge when facing significant members of Team Rocket or when facing off against your rival.

Slowbro: Smart but slow, Slowbro can’t remember more than one attacking move of the same type. E.g could not learn Water Gun and Surf but could learn Surf and Rain Dance

TRAINER MISSIONS

The Competition: In order to win, one must obtain the Champion Title! But that isn’t all, trainers must demonstrate their knowledge of the local Pokemon by having at least 100 seen in the pokedex and 30 captured in order to prove your worth.

Football Career: Although this opportunity is too good to waste, you don’t want to forget about your potential career as a professional footballer. Competing in and winning each course at the Pokeathlon Dome should keep your skills sharp.

Hope you have fun!
                            Old January 29th, 2017 (2:45 PM).

Still working on my challenge but next update may be a few days, digimon world: next order came out so i'm a tad distracted :D

Completed Challenges
                              Crazy Clause - Randomised Fire red - Use only colorless pokemon
                              Old January 30th, 2017 (9:09 AM).
                              staying up all night

Nature: Timid
                              I'm bored and this looks interesting, so here goes!

Username: NightKrow
                              Game: Platinum (emulated)

Spoiler:
                              a) Favorite color:
                              Green or blue.

Brains

c) Favourite Animal:
                              Raven

There's no "in my bed," so City will do I guess?

e) Favourite Food:
                              Chocolate

Probably more masculine, but not in the physical way. Like, I'd totally have a "mancave," but I suck as sports :x

Lawful Neutral, according to a D&D personality test
                              I see myself as good I guess?

Wouldn't really mind, but I'm weak af so some more muscles would be nice.

i) Which do you prefer?
                              Mythical creatures

Dark, Dragon, Flying

Jynx, all of Gothitelle's line, Luvdisc

Researcher, in psychology specifically.

I wouldn't say I dress in bright colours, but not in exclusively earth tones either. My wardrobe's currently blacks, greys and dark reds, purples and blues. So somewhere in between I guess.

Can't really think of anyone who makes me think "I want to be like them," tbh.

Video game music

Atheist Christmas.
                              no holidays are religious in my house.
                              If not, I'll take Pancake Day. although technically that has religious origins too but shhhhh

Virgo

Iceland, or Japan. Or both.

well I'm already the first one soooo...

Hot pink.

I'd give myself a solid 3 IRL, maybe a 5 online? Yes, I am the socially awkward one in the corner.

well I'm studying it at uni so it'd have to be psychology.

I guess I'm okay at archery. I only started in September but I've hit the middle bit before so I'd call that a win.

Smart, kind (or at least I try to be lol), quiet.

If I was evil I'd totally be Cyrus.

The one type I dislike the most would probably be Fairy, although I don't hate every Pokemon with that type.

Let's see if I can actually finish a challenge run for once. Maybe posting it here will motivate me to do it c:
                              Old January 30th, 2017 (12:29 PM). Edited January 30th, 2017 by Piloswine.
                              Random Vagabond

Nature: Quiet
                                My first submission in Black:
                                Spoiler:

Chapter 1 – Tofu & Broccoli

Hero was facing the Gym at Striation City, an old, luxurious building. He was about to fight the first really tough battle of his journey. He was sweating. He was not sure if he would win, but he had faith in his beloved Pokémon, Tofu, a Tepig. He put his right hand on his pocket and touched its Poké Ball. He felt some kind of energy passing from the ball to his hand and he felt excited. He entered the Gym confidently.
                                A blond man wearing black glasses was right behind the door.
                                “Hello. Are you looking for the Gym Leader? I'm sorry, but he's not here. He left for a while.”
                                What an anti-climax!
                                “I'll come back later. Thank you.' Hero said.
                                He decided to take a walk, so he left the Gym. He wandered on the streets, between tall buildings. Striation was a really big city to him, who grew up in Nuvema, a small town. As he passed by two men he heard one of them saying the word [i]liberation[/i. It remembered him of the last day, at Accumula Town.
                                A strange man named Ghetsis, who wore king-like clothes and was escorted by other men who looked like knights, spoke to a small public at the town's square about Pokémon liberation. He said Pokémon wasn't happy with humans, therefore should be liberated. But Hero did not tend to agree with him. Tofu seemed to like him.
                                His thoughts stopped when he saw a guy with a Pansage on his shoulder, a Grass Type monkey. Hero walked excited toward him, who was in the other side of the street.
                                “Hello! I'm Hero and I challenge you to a Pokémon Battle.” he said.
                                “Challenge accepted, Hero! I'm Mark!”
                                Hero and Mark faced each other.
                                “Go, Broccoli!” Mark said.
                                The Pansage jumped to the floor.
                                “Go, Tofu!” Hero said as he threw the PokéBall.
                                Tofu came out.
                                “Broccoli, Scratch!” said Mark.
                                Broccoli jumped on Tofu.
                                “Run, Tofu, run!” Hero said.
                                Before Tofu could run, Broccoli managed to hit it.
                                “Retreat and use Ember!”
                                Tofu retreated and spat a fire ball toward Broccoli, who closed his eyes and growled.
                                “Oh no! Are you ok, Broccoli?” Mark asked.
                                His Pokémon looked at him over its shoulder and nodded positively.
                                “All right! Use Leech Seed!” Mark ordered.
                                Broccoli picked a seed at the tip of its tails and threw it toward Tofu. As the seed touched it, vines grew from it and wrapped up around the Pokémon.
                                “Tofu, use Tackle!” Hero ordered.
                                Tofu ran toward Broccoli, but sowed difficulty to move its legs and breathed hard.
                                “The Leech Seed is drainig his energy!” Hero exclaimed.
                                “Broccoli, use Lick!” Mark instructed.
                                When Tofu got near, Broccoli put his tongue out, showing it was very big, and licked Tofu's chin. It raised Tofu's head and made it rolled backwards. Tofu was knocked out. Hero ran and picked it. He took the vines around it away. Tofu seemed alright.
                                Hero stood up and shook Mark's hand.
                                “It was an incredible battle. Congratulations!” Hero said.
                                “You were good too. Listen, are you going to battle at Striation's Gym?”
                                “Yes, it's the next place I'll go.”
                                “So I might warn you. The Gym Leader always chooses a Pokémon strong against your starter. You will have difficulty to win if Tepig is the only Pokémon you have.”
                                “Oh! I didn't know it. Thanks for telling me. But now I'm in real trouble 'cause Tofu really is the only Pokémon I have.”
                                “I'll do something for you. You can borrow Broccoli. After you get you badge you give it back to me.”
                                “Will you really do it? I don't know how to thank you!”
                                “Don't mind it.”
                                XXX
                                Hero was in front of the Gym. There was a bold look in his eyes. He entered the building.
                                “Welcome! The Gym Leader is here again!” said the same blond man that talked to Hero earlier. “Do you see the three circles on the floor? If you're ready to challenge the Gym Leader, step on the one that represents the type of your starter Pokémon!”
                                Hero look attentively at the place. There was a balcony at a corner, a big red curtain hiding the back side of the room, and three circles on the floor in front of it. The left circle had a leaf drawn on it, the middle one had a fire and the right one had a drop. He stepped on the circle that had a fire, then a bell ringed. The curtains opened.
                                A man was standing at the other end of the room, that was wide and completely empty except by tables besides. The man had green hair and wore waiter clothes.
                                “Welcome to Striation Gym! I'm Cilan! What's your name, challenger?”
                                “My name is Hero and I came here to win a Badge!”
                                “You're very confident but we'll see if you're really good. In this Gym we have a personalized menu.”
                                Another man, who had red hair, and a woman, who had blue hair, came out from behind of Cilan twisting and stopped. Both wore waiter and waitress clothes. While Cilan had a green bow tie, the man had a red one and the woman had a blue one.
                                “I'm Chili!” said the man.
                                “And I'm Cress!” said the woman.
                                “We are siblings!” Said Cilan. “Each one of us train different types of Pokémon. Who you'll fight depends on the type of Pokémon you chose as starter.”
                                “Since you chose a Fire-Type, youll battle against me!” said Cress.
                                The siblings changed places and Cress stayed at the center.
                                “The battle will begins when you're ready!” Cress said.
                                “So let's begin right now!” Hero said.
                                “I like your excitation! Go, Lillipup!”
                                She threw the PokéBall and the dog Pokémon came out.
                                “Go! Tofu!” Hero shouted and threw his PokéBall.
                                Tofu came out.
                                “Tofu, use Ember!”
                                “Lillipup, dodge!”
                                Tofu threw fire from its mouth faster than Lillipup could avoid it. Lillipup began to burn.
                                “Come back, Lillipup!” Cress called it back.
                                “Lillipup is out of the battle. Now Cress has only one Pokémon left!” Cilan commented.
                                “Go, Panpour!” Cress said.
                                She threw the PokéBall and Panpour came out. It was a monkey like Pansage, but its fur was yellow and blue.
                                “You was great, Tofu!” Hero said, and called it back. “Go, Broccoli!”
                                “He has a Pansage?” Cilan said, surprised.
                                “Good, boy!” Chili said.
                                “What are you doing?” Cress asked, looking back at her brother. “You should support me!”
                                She puffed.
                                “I don't care what you have. I'm not gonna lose!” she said. “Work Up!”
                                Panpour was surrounded by a red light.
                                “Work Up, an attack that raises Attack and Special Attack. It doesn't matter, cause I'll defeat her before she can attack.” Hero said, talking to himself like a weirdo. “Vine Whip, Broccoli!”
                                Vines came from the plan on Broccoli's head and whipped Panpour, that fell on the floor.
                                “Oh no!” Cress exclaimed. “Are you ok?”
                                Panpour got up.
                                “Yeah! Water Gun!” Cress said.
                                Panpour spat a jet of water that hit Broccoli.
                                “Right Broccoli, now use Vine Whip on its legs!” Hero ordered.
                                Broccoli's vines wrapped up around Panpour's legs and pulled the monkey, that fell.
                                “Don't get up! Just use Water Gun!” Cress ordered.
                                “Vine Whip!” Hero commanded.
                                Panpour just raised his head and spat a Water Gun, that hit Broccoli's face. After receiving it, Broccoli shook the water out of his head and used its vines. They trip through the air and hit Panpour. The water monkey tried to get up.
                                “You're strong Panpour! Resist!” Cress said.
                                Panpour put force on his arms, then let them fall beside him.
                                “Panpour was knocked out! Cress is out of usable Pokémon! Hero is the winner!” Cilan said.
                                Hero ran toward Broccoli and picked it up.
                                “You won! Yo won!” Hero said, shaking Broccoli, that rolled his eyes.
                                “Calm down! You're gonna let him dizzy!” said a voice behind Hero.
                                Hero turned around to see Mark smiling at him.
                                “Congratulations!” said the boy.
                                “I couldn't win without Broccoli!” Hero ponderated.

I COULDN'T WIN WITHOUT BROCCOLI

Chapter 2 – Pizza

Hero and Tofu were facing a Tympole.
                                “I'll get you! Tofu, Tackle him!” Hero said.
                                Tofu ran towards Tympole, who jumped to his side. Tofu jumped too, and slammed the Tympole. He fell defeated.
                                “Go, Heal Ball!” Hero said as he threw the Ball. It opened in the air and a red light came out of it, surrounded Tympole and sucked him to the Ball. It fell on the floor and shook itself, one, two times, then stopped.
                                Hero cheered and greeted Tofu, then called it back. Excited, he ran to get the Heal Ball. He sat on the ground and opened it.
                                Tympole came out. He stayed away from Hero, looking shyly at him.
                                “You don't need to be afraid. I want to make friend with you!” Hero said.
                                Tympole got closer. Hero put his hand upon him, but the Pokémon retreated.
                                “Ease, ease.” Hero said.
                                He put his hand upon Tympole head and caressed it.
                                “See? I'm a friend.”
                                A roar sounded.
                                “Ah… This is my stomach.” Hero said, smiling halfheartedly. “I'd like to eat some pizza. I know! Your name is gonna be Pizza! Do you like it? You don't know?”
                                Hero heard steps. A gang of half a dozen men and women wearing strange clothes that mimicked medieval knight armors came from the trees that surrounded the place where Hero was.
                                “A trainer!” one of the men exclaimed when he saw Hero.
                                “Give away your Pokémon!” said a girl bossily.
                                “Give them away? Why should I do this?” Hero asked, sincerely confused and angry, which he expressed furrowing his brow.
                                “Because Pokémon are unhappy with humans!” said one of the guys.
                                “We, Team Plasma, will liberate all Pokémon from their trainers!” said another one. “Go, Timburr!”
                                He sent a PokéBall that opened, freeing a Timburr. The other Team Plasma members did the same, and now six Pokémon were preparing to attack Hero and Pizza.
                                “This isn't fair! Damn! This guys don't seem to fight fair!” Hero complained. “Let's go, Pizza!”
                                He picked Pizza up and began to run in the direction opposite Team Plasma. The Pokémon began to pursue them, as their trainers ordered. A Timburr threw the log he carried at Hero. It hit his right leg's calf. He felt an unbearable pain and heard a crack, then he lost balance and fell on the ground. He plagued. Pizza was hopping by his side. Hero got on his knees and looked back. The Pokémon were very close. He heard a shrilling sound and looked at Pizza. The tadpole was producing this sound shaking its cheeks. The sound was very annoying. It seemed to become stronger, then each time even stronger. A multitude of Tympoles were jumping out of the grass all around, all of them shaking their cheeks.
                                The Team Plasma Pokémon were running away. They seemed to be hurt by the sound, as if they were receiving a hundred of invisible punches. Hero saw them as they disappeared from sight. Finally, when they were gone, the Tympoles stopped making that sound. Pizza began to shine, and grow. It took the form of a Palpitoad, and the light around him faded away.
                                “Wow! You evolved! And that way you fought with your pals was amazing!” Hero said. “Ouch! My leg's hurting, I guess I broke it...”
                                Pizza lowered his midsection like he was going to do a reverence and raised Hero over his head. He began to run with Hero perched on it.
                                XXX
                                Pizza took Hero to Nacrene City, then to the hospital. The doctor put the boy's leg in a plaster cast. He couldn't continue his travel while he did not recover completely.
                                XXX
                                Watchog fell on the floor.
                                “Knock out! Hero wins!” said a man with a moustache.
                                “Well, well, you deserve this!” said Lenora, the Nacrene Gym Leader, walking toward Hero handing him a badge that looked like a book spine. “This is the Basic Badge.”
                                Hero picked it.
                                “Thank you! This is my second badge. And the first I won thanks to Pizza! OOPS!”
                                He lost balance though he was using crutches and fell with his back on the floor.
                                “I guess I better stay sat down through the rest of my weeks here.” he stated, on the floor.

My team:
                                Spoiler:

Palpitoad LV 25

Pansage as HM Slave

PC:
                                Spoiler:

Pignite

Timburr

Woobat

Old January 30th, 2017 (2:04 PM).
                                Smile... or go to jail

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by NightKrow View Post
                                  I'm bored and this looks interesting, so here goes!

Username: NightKrow
                                  Game: Platinum (emulated)

Spoiler:
                                  a) Favorite color:
                                  Green or blue.

Brains

c) Favourite Animal:
                                  Raven

There's no "in my bed," so City will do I guess?

e) Favourite Food:
                                  Chocolate

Probably more masculine, but not in the physical way. Like, I'd totally have a "mancave," but I suck as sports :x

Lawful Neutral, according to a D&D personality test
                                  I see myself as good I guess?

Wouldn't really mind, but I'm weak af so some more muscles would be nice.

i) Which do you prefer?
                                  Mythical creatures

Dark, Dragon, Flying

Jynx, all of Gothitelle's line, Luvdisc

Researcher, in psychology specifically.

I wouldn't say I dress in bright colours, but not in exclusively earth tones either. My wardrobe's currently blacks, greys and dark reds, purples and blues. So somewhere in between I guess.

Can't really think of anyone who makes me think "I want to be like them," tbh.

Video game music

Atheist Christmas.
                                  no holidays are religious in my house.
                                  If not, I'll take Pancake Day. although technically that has religious origins too but shhhhh

Virgo

Iceland, or Japan. Or both.

well I'm already the first one soooo...

Hot pink.

I'd give myself a solid 3 IRL, maybe a 5 online? Yes, I am the socially awkward one in the corner.

well I'm studying it at uni so it'd have to be psychology.

I guess I'm okay at archery. I only started in September but I've hit the middle bit before so I'd call that a win.

Smart, kind (or at least I try to be lol), quiet.

If I was evil I'd totally be Cyrus.

The one type I dislike the most would probably be Fairy, although I don't hate every Pokemon with that type.

Let's see if I can actually finish a challenge run for once. Maybe posting it here will motivate me to do it c:
                                  Here you go!

Spoiler:
                                  TRAINER CLASS
                                  Student of Sinnoh

It’s your final year studying psychology at the University of Sinnoh and this year is all about experience. Experience and maturity are two qualities you need to be successful in whatever career you choose to pursue. In order to graduate at the end of this year, you need to have 8 badges and complete a research project assigned to you by you professor. To graduate with first class honours, you need to become a champion.

POKEMON

muscular, black and blue, mythical creatures (in mythology, a lynx could see through walls like Luxray)

kind, good, flying

virgo, brains, psychics kinda give a psychologist vibe to me...

Luxray: With the best eyesight of the team, Luxray insists on leading whenever you need to traverse through somewhere with less than optimal lighting (caves, fog, night time)

Togekiss: Togekiss is just so happy to be traveling with you, it follows your commands willingly and flawlessly. No restrictions for this one.

Gardevoir: Taking an interest in your goals, Gardevoir has become fascinated with studying other Pokemon, Particularly your team. It must always be used in any double battles you take part in.

TRAINER MISSIONS

Psychologist in the Making: You’ve been tasked with studying the influence a bond between humans and Pokemon have on each other, traveling with your Pokemon will give you plenty of data for that, but imagine how well you would do if you captured the three Pokemon that represented human spirit AKA the lake guardians. Catch all three to really stand out amongst your peers.

Analytic: Analyse each of your Pokemon carefully, every two badges you obtain write up a summary of how they’re doing (performance wise) and include them in your updates.

Hope you can stick with it :)
                                  Old January 30th, 2017 (3:30 PM).
                                  staying up all night

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by k137an View Post
                                  Here you go!

Spoiler:
                                  TRAINER CLASS
                                  Student of Sinnoh

It’s your final year studying psychology at the University of Sinnoh and this year is all about experience. Experience and maturity are two qualities you need to be successful in whatever career you choose to pursue. In order to graduate at the end of this year, you need to have 8 badges and complete a research project assigned to you by you professor. To graduate with first class honours, you need to become a champion.

POKEMON

muscular, black and blue, mythical creatures (in mythology, a lynx could see through walls like Luxray)

kind, good, flying

virgo, brains, psychics kinda give a psychologist vibe to me...

Luxray: With the best eyesight of the team, Luxray insists on leading whenever you need to traverse through somewhere with less than optimal lighting (caves, fog, night time)

Togekiss: Togekiss is just so happy to be traveling with you, it follows your commands willingly and flawlessly. No restrictions for this one.

Gardevoir: Taking an interest in your goals, Gardevoir has become fascinated with studying other Pokemon, Particularly your team. It must always be used in any double battles you take part in.

TRAINER MISSIONS

Psychologist in the Making: You’ve been tasked with studying the influence a bond between humans and Pokemon have on each other, traveling with your Pokemon will give you plenty of data for that, but imagine how well you would do if you captured the three Pokemon that represented human spirit AKA the lake guardians. Catch all three to really stand out amongst your peers.

Analytic: Analyse each of your Pokemon carefully, every two badges you obtain write up a summary of how they’re doing (performance wise) and include them in your updates.

Hope you can stick with it :)
                                  If only my actual Psychology course was like this :3
                                  I just realised how well Platinum fits with the theme with the Lake Trio and everything. I'm glad I picked it over HeartGold and Y for this challenge.

I think I'll make a start this evening, might post an update later if there's enough stuff to talk about :)
                                  Old January 30th, 2017 (5:50 PM).

Nature: Gentle
                                  A) USERNAME: LRachelR5
                                  B) WHICH GAME: White
                                  C) GENDER: Female
                                  Spoiler:

a) Favorite color: Blue

b) Select one of the following which best describes you: Brains

c) Favourite Animal: Wolf

d) Where would you rather be: Beach

e) Favourite Food: Ham and Pineapple pizza

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one? I see myself as more masculine cause I have short hair and am less interested in things like clothes, shopping and makeup

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil Good

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular? Slender

i) Which do you prefer? Mythical Creatures

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference. Fairy, Psychic, Water

k) What Pokemon do you hate (no more than 5) I don't know I don't hate any

l) What profession do you aspire to be most? Intelligence worker (MI5)

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones? Earthy tones

n) Name a person that Inspires you? Danny O'Donoghue

o) What is your favourite music? Pop/Rock

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday? N/A

q) What is your zodiac sign? Virgo

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to? Japan

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent? Smart and unattractive

t) What colour do you loathe? Mustard yellow

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? 7/8

v) Favourite type of Subject (Art , Science Geology, Ect) Criminology

w) Name one talent of yours. I can play the guitar

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Example: smart, kind, pretty Loyal, Confident, Musical

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most? Wally

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe? Normal or Fighting

VPP: yet to hatch. Raise one for yourself at VPP
                                  Old January 30th, 2017 (6:47 PM).
                                  staying up all night

Log #01: Student of Sinnoh
                                  Spoiler:
                                  - Chose Piplup as my starter, as it turns out Empoleon can learn all the HMs except for Fly. I won't be using it in battle after I obtain the first Pokemon on my team, but I may switch train/EXP share it to have access to its evolutions for those HMs.

- Battled Tim, my rival, with Piplup. We won by the skin of our teeth, with Piplup only on 1HP!

- Received the Pokedex from Professor Rowan.

- Obtained the first member of my team, Stanley the Shinx. He is named after Stanley Milgram, a psychologist famous for his "electric shock" obedience experiments.

Observation #001: Stanley
                                  Stanley does not seem to take well to battling. I've had to run away from quite a few wild Pokemon battles to avoid him fainting, and he needs to go back to the Pokemon Centre after almost every battle.

Observation #002: Stanley
                                  Since reaching level 7, Stanley has seen a notable increase in the amount of damage he is able to do to the Pokemon on route 202. However, the wild Pokemon there are still able to do a lot of damage to him.

- Reached Jubilife City, spoke to Looker and gave Tim the town map.

- Battled Tim outside Jubilife City and won.

Observation #003: Stanley
                                  Stanley is starting to become much stronger than he was when I first caught him. Since learning Spark, he's been able to knock out some of the other trainers' Pokemon in one hit!

Observation #004: Stanley
                                  The struggle to train Stanley at first has really paid off. Just outside Oreburgh Gate, he evolved into Luxio!

- Reached Oreburgh City, and talked to Roark in Oreburgh Mine.

Observation #005: Stanley
                                  Stanley really struggles against the Onix in the mine. They are Ground-types, so Spark has no effect on them, and Tackle does reduced damage to them as well. Despite being the right level to take on the gym, Stanley would probably find it really difficult against Roark's Geodude and Onix.

Observation #006: Stanley
                                  After a lot of training in the mine and against the trainers in the Gym, Stanley learned Bite. This would help him out in the battle against Roark, as his Pokemon don't resist Dark.

- With the help of Bite (and being a bit overleveled!), we managed to defeat Roark and earn our first Gym Badge!

Team:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Stanley the Luxio
                                  Lv 19
                                  Ability: Rivalry
                                  Moves: Tackle, Leer, Bite, Spark

Badge Progress:

Rules:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Student of Sinnoh
                                  Must use Luxray, Togekiss and Gardevoir.
                                  Must catch Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf.
                                  Luxray must lead when lighting is not optimal.
                                  Gardevoir must always take part in double battles.
                                  Write a summary of each Pokemon's performance every two badges and include it in your update. (I'm using the Observations as a way to keep track of what I might put in my summaries.)
                                  Old February 1st, 2017 (6:53 AM).

I will soon continue my journey on Omega Ruby, do not fret. I love that the Mightyena has no restrictions, a animal might be captured but it's spirit will always be wild.
                                    Old February 1st, 2017 (10:30 AM).
                                    staying up all night

Log #02: Student of Sinnoh - A full team!
                                    Spoiler:
                                    - Battled Team Galactic in Jubilife City with Lucas, and won.

Observation #007: Stanley
                                    When we reached Ravaged Path, there were rocks blocking our way. No matter how hard he tried, Stanley could not move them or break them. We needed the help of another Pokemon here, so we took Piplup out of the box and switch trained him until he was a Prinplup, so that we could teach him Rock Smash.

- Got through Ravaged Path

- I was challenged to quite a few double battles this time around, so on a number of occasions Prinplup had to fill in for my missing team members, who were either not obtained yet, or, later on, fainted.

- Reached Floaroma Town and picked up the Sprayduck from the flower shop.

- Battled Mars at Valley Windworks and won.

- Guided Cheryl through Eterna Forest.

- Reached Eterna City.

- Battled Gardenia and won.

Observation #008: Stanley
                                    During the gym battle with Gardenia, Stanley levelled up to level 30, quite a high level compared to how many gym badges I currently have. After I had won the battle, Stanley evolved into Luxray!

Summary #1
                                    Stanley: Despite being frail at first, Stanley has really overcome his previous weakness. Still, I am not sure whether this is due to practise (battling more Pokemon) or due to the growing bond with his trainer. He is currently the only Pokemon on my team (besides Prinplup, of course.) I wonder if he feels lonely without any Pokemon friends. I don't know. Maybe human company is enough for him.

- Battled Jupiter at Eterna City and won.

- Received Cynthia's egg (with Togepi inside!)

- Caught my second team member on Route 208, Sigmund the Ralts. He is named after Sigmund Freud, the (slightly weird) Father of Psychology.

- Reached Hearthome City

Observation #009: Stanley
                                    As soon as I entered the darkened part of Hearthome Gym, Stanley insisted on going first in all of his battles, even though I wanted to train up Sigmund.

- Battled Fantina and won.

- Battled Tim on the way out of Hearthome City and won.

#Observation #010: Sigmund
                                    I tried to train Sigmund in the battle against Tim, but he did not take damage from Tim's Staravia very well at all. I had to send Stanley in instead to defeat Tim.

#Observation #011: Sigmund
                                    Sigmund struggles against even the wild Pokemon on this route, especially the Bibarel with Rollout. He fainted a couple of times - once against a Pokemon Breeder's Eevee, and again in a double battle. Despite not being able to hold his own in battle yet, he managed to gain enough strength to evolve into Kirlia.

- Cynthia's egg hatched into Togepi, my third and final team member. I named him after Phineas Gage, a famous case of brain injury to the frontal lobe.

Team:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    Stanley the Luxray
                                    Lv 33
                                    Ability: Rivalry
                                    Moves: Tackle, Swagger, Bite, Spark

Sigmund the Kirlia
                                    Lv 20
                                    Ability: Synchronise
                                    Moves: Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Lucky Chant

Phineas the Togepi
                                    Lv 1
                                    Ability: Serene Grace
                                    Moves: Growl, Charm

Prinplup (HM slave)
                                    Lv 25
                                    Ability: Torrent
                                    Moves: Rock Smash, Cut, BubbleBeam, Peck

Badge Progress: Now with smaller badges!

Rules:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    Student of Sinnoh
                                    Must use Luxray, Togekiss and Gardevoir.
                                    Must catch Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf.
                                    Luxray must lead when lighting is not optimal.
                                    Gardevoir must always take part in double battles.
                                    Write a summary of each Pokemon's performance every two badges and include it in your update.
                                    Old February 3rd, 2017 (4:21 PM). Edited February 3rd, 2017 by RoreyG.
                                    Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
                                      Sorry for the late update guys. The world of work is taking its toll. I rarely have the time to play the game, let alone update. I've found some now, so........ HERE WE GO!!!

The Doyen of Vets

Update 2

Spoiler:

Upon a short rest (and some needed training in and around the Vermillion area) I boarded the SS Anne. I fought my way up through the vessel until I made it to the Captain's door. Then, only that arrogant brat, Gary Oak, stood in my way. I dispatched him without even breaking a sweat. Shortly after going back to heal my Pokemon, I met with the Captain and obtained the HM Cut (I had a Bulbasaur as my "starter" so I used him for Cut). Afterwards, I entered the Vermillion Gym and caught up with my old friend, Lt. Surge. Surge wasn't what you would call the sharpest tool in the shed. He was always better at breaking bones than breaking codes. I guess that was why he used Electric types (they compensated for his shortcomings in a manner of speaking). He more likely used them because, as he would put it, he likes to make things go BOOM. What else would you expect from the top Explosives Expert in the service. Nevertheless, he was always good for a laugh and you knew he always had your back. As you would think, Surge proved to be as tough as a brick wall, however, brick walls can break. Growlithe and Skarmory saw to most of his Pokemon. His Raichu though, I needed my Dratini to finish the job. It's reward was an evolution into Dragonair.

After a brief stop at the Pokemon Center, I made my way back through the Underground Tunnel Back to Cerulean. There, I picked up my Bike for the future Cycling Road and fought my way up to the Rock Tunnel. I went through blind, of course (no Flash) but I made it through all the same. I made a quick stop through Lavender Town and in particular, the Pokemon House. There, I spoke with a girl who said that Mr. Fuji, an old scientist I knew from war time and who ran the place, was assaulted and captured by Team Rocket when he went to confront them about the murder of a Marowak. Apparently, they killed her whilst she was trying to protect her son, an infant Cubone, from their cruelty. In any case,they held him in Pokemon Tower and I needed a device called a Silph Scope to reveal the ghosts hidden in the Tower. The road through to Saffron City, the location of Silph Co. HQ, was, unfortunately, blocked off. However, if Team Rocket made it to the top floor of the Pokemon Tower unscathed, then surely they would have access to these said Silph Scopes. Word on the street is that Team Rocket run Celadon City and have a major base in the basement of the Celadon Game Corner. Since Giovanni was last sighted there, I figured that Celedon City was my best bet to obtain that Silph Scope.

I pushed through to Celadon City. I picked up some Tea from a lonely Old Lady. I bought a Fire Stone for my Growlithe to use at a later date to be determined. I explored the city, spoke to the locals to confirm the rumors and made my way to the Game Corner. I got confirmation that Team Rocket ran this joint; using it as a front for their criminal enterprise in this city. I found the passage to their secret base and fought every last pathetic grunt who stood in my way. These punks aren't like any other henchmen I've faced before. During the war, I fought a lot of misguided fools who thought all of the mayhem the caused was towards some greater good. Team Rocket's members know they're the bad guys. They know the gravity of the chaos they cause. Most of all though, they know they only do it to fatten their wallets and claim power through fear. They disgust me. Anyway, after making short work of the last two Rocket Grunts, I came face to face with Giovanni. That man had an aura of power. He is one to be feared, yet, respected at the same time; just like his mother. He proved to be just as strong as well. I had to rely on Dragonair, my strongest partner, to get the edge over him. After I defeated him, he dropped what looked like an optical device. Upon further inspection, I found out it was a Silph Scope; just what I needed.

I rushed back to Lavender Town and started my ascent up the Pokemon Tower. To my utter frustration, Gary Oak stood in my way on the first floor up. I beat the brat once more; he's getting soft. I had no particular trouble with him this time around. After taking care of the brat, I pushed forward. The Rocket Grunts I faced here proved weaker that those at the Rocket base. I had no particular trouble until I was at the foot of the final flight of stairs upwards. I found that a furious ghostly entity blocked my path. It was the ghost of the dead Marowak that I heard about at the Pokemon House. I had to engage it in one last battle before it could rest in peace. I prevailed and Marowak moved on to the afterlife. Once I arrived at the top floor, I found no trouble in plowing through the remaining Rocket Grunts and rescuing Mr. Fuji. Once he was safely back at the Pokemon House, Mr. Fuji bestowed upon me a Pokemon Flute; a useful tool in future use. I had unfinished business in Celadon City, however, so I promptly made my way back.

Upon arrival, I headed straight to the Gym. After dispatching a perverted pedophile who was peeping in on the young girls in the Gym and doing things that no grown man ought to be doing in public, I made my way inside. I made my way to the Gym Leader whom I realized was a young woman named Erika. This young lady bore an uncanny resemblance to a nurse that I was sweet on in the early years of that war. She always had a knack for herbal remedies. We had a good thing going for the first six months we were stationed together, that is, until she asked for a transfer from out of the blue. She was gone with no explanation and no goodbyes. I didn't hear from her again until nine months later. She looked as beautiful as the first day I saw her. Her words were pretty vague though. She said something about not wanting to place this heavy burden on me. About not wanting to commit me to a role that she knew I couldn't fulfill as long the war was ongoing. She left me and I never saw her again. Not until now when I looked at this girl Erika. She looks the splitting image of that young nurse I fell in love with all those years ago. All except for her eyes; she has my mother's eyes. In any case, I wanted to see what this young lady could do in a Pokemon battle so I gave it my all. Growlithe and Skarmory ensured my victory, but I have to admit, my daughter's one hell of a fighter. I would have told her how much I was proud of her, how much I loved her. I couldn't drop that bombshell on her though. Her late mother chose not to tell her about me and I want to respect her wishes. I know now though, I have a purpose beyond Oak's mission. I have something precious in this world that I have to protect, even though she won't know it herself. In the mean time though, all I can do is to cripple Team Rocket. I have to make sure that they get nowhere near her. I ran Giovanni out of Celadon and now I have a personal reason to bring down their organization. Though it ached me to do so, I adhered to the niceties and bid her adieu and made my way to the Cycling Road. After removing a wild Snorlax from my path (thanks again for the Flute Mr. Fuji), I went and got the HM Fly and geared up to take on the Cycling Road. My mission to be continued.
                                      Old February 3rd, 2017 (4:48 PM). Edited February 4th, 2017 by SirYarnsalot.
                                      Mukposter by day, Post Ninja by night...

Nature: Jolly
                                        Woo! Fun challenge! Yarn wants in!
                                        Username: SirYarnsalot
                                        Game: Moon

Spoiler:
                                        Show
                                        a) Favorite color: Purple! :o

b) Select one of the following which best describes you: Blissful!

c) Favourite Animal: Parrot!

d) Where would you rather be: Marsh.

e) Favourite Food: Soda. (hope drinks count!)

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender?: Nope, Yarn fits right in!

g) Good or Evil: Evil! c:

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular: muscular

i) Which type of animal do you prefer?: Bird

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference:
                                        3rd: Steel
                                        2nd: Poison
                                        1st: Bug

k) What Pokemon do you hate:
                                        Druddigon, Poliwhirl, LEDIAN.

l) What profession do you aspire to be most: Chemical Engineer

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones:
                                        Variety is the spice of life!

n) Name a person that Inspires you: Pichuzilla

o) What is your favourite music: Modern rock

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday: Halloween!

q) What is your zodiac sign: Pisces

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to: Holland!

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent: Smart and unattractive.

t) What colour do you loathe: YELLOW.

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you: 7

v) Favourite type of Subject: Tie between life science and physics

w) Name one talent of yours: Singing

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives:
                                        Happy!
                                        Excitable!
                                        Self-conscious!
                                        Yeah!

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most:
                                        Hau

Overly-complicated pokemon, such as druddigon.
                                        2 many spikes...

Woo, Yarn is done with the test! :15:
                                        Old February 3rd, 2017 (10:46 PM).
                                        Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon

Eighth Update

Game: Pokemon Blue (3DS Version)
                                          Trainer Name: Aku Aku
                                          Trainer Class: Apprentice Shaman

Team
                                          Spoiler:

Terra the Dugtrio
                                          Lvl - 49
                                          Moves
                                          • Rock Slide
                                          • Slash
                                          • Dig
                                          • Earthquake

Storm the Gyarados
                                          Lvl- 49
                                          • Dragon Rage
                                          • Surf
                                          • Bubblebeam
                                          • Ice Beam

Fyre the Ninetales
                                          Lvl - 49
                                          • Flamethrower
                                          • Dig
                                          • Quick Attack
                                          • Fire Blast

Box
                                          Spoiler:

My Journey
                                          Spoiler:
                                          -Headed to Cinnabar Island
                                          -went into the Pokemon Mansion got the secret key so i could enter the Cinnibar Gym
                                          -Defeated Blaine earning the Volcano Badge
                                          -Headed back to Viridian City to take on the final gym
                                          -Battled Giovani for the third and final time got the earth badge
                                          -defeated rival on route 22
                                          -cleared victory road
                                          We're not pawns of some scripted fate. I believe we're more. Much more... There's something between us all. Something that keeps us together... Like...invisible ties, connecting us.
                                          Closed Thread

Quick Reply