• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Protagonists

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I'd prefer slightly older protagonists as well, but after getting ones in BW/BW2 and XY they went back to 11 years old in SM so it's not entirely a surprise we got younger children here.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Strangely enough I don't mind the protags for this game. I'm probably going to grow to like them sooner or later, for now they're fine. About the names, don't exactly fit the protags but it's fine, we can name them whatever we like anyways.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Idk call me crazy but they don't look that young to me. I honestly think it's just the artstyle. I might be wrong but I think if you drew Serena/Calem (the oldest ones to date) in the same artstyle it would be pretty similar... but whatever

I really like the designs anyways...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
The protagonists look very generic, even by Pokemon standards, like they're not even trying. I know Japan is very liberal with how young characters look, hence why Ash looks older than an actual 10 year old (or alternatively, how Jotaro Kujo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is 17 and looks much MUCH older than that), but the protagonists look more like they're around the age of Youngster Joey. Not only that, but the female protagonist looks like a gender-swapped version of the male protagonist, which just comes off as lazy to me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Eh, they're okay. I was kind of hoping we wouldn't be playing literal 11 year olds again. =/ Was really hoping we'd just play as an older Red & Leaf. Oh well.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Cute, but kind of on the fence. I like the cutesy art-style, but I also enjoy seeing the older looking protagionists we have seen since Generation 5. This could be just me though.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I don't mind the protagonists' design, given that I like their young and cute look, and seems to have a bit of adventurous vibe.

Last edited:
Back