• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen So is this true for you too?

Years
I feel my Ultra Moon game is just a pixel dust collector lol. Especially since Sword/Shield cannot transfer from gen 7. I just want to fill my dex even though half the 'mons don't appear in the Alola dex in the first place. Sadly....18 boxes and counting. =( I have more fun playing Omega Ruby and X anyway so all is not lost. I still have the VC version of Crystal to play too, but I might just do challenges on it in the near future. And...i'm broke so...there's that. :P

Same for your 7th gen games too?

Years
I still play mine every now and again. Personally, my recommendation is not to let the National Dex news get to you too much. I'm saddened by it too, but I realize it is what it is and I've learned to have fun with the Pokemon that I do have currently so when SwSh does release I can then focus on starting a new journey and making some new friends along the way.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
I still havent got the ultra games but will do soon, Ive only just got a new 2DS so getting back into my Moon. Doing some breeding and need to then finish out my living dex once I get ultra.

Will probably transfer my living dex into pokemon home if its sensible to do so just for future proofing but still enjoying my Gen 7 games and not planning to get a switch yet anyway (will wait until the portable is released and possibly drops in price in a year or so).

Years
I was playing often enough to shiny breed right until the announcement that not all Pokémon will be able to move to SwSh, and stopped since. Was breeding for Shiny Cutiefly at the time and it hasn't been confirmed whether or not it'll transfer over, so I'm taking a break. May go back and breed something that I know will be in the new games but for now it's better for me to step back. :< So yeah, I understand what you're saying to an extent.

CocoaAlpaca

south park elementary's gym leader
Years
Honestly it feels like this for all my Pokemon games once i finish them. Most of my finished games end up collecting dust, and i'll only pick up finished Pokemon games to Shiny hunt.
From a USUM standpoint though, i never liked USUM. Like, ever. I hate USUM. My Pokemon Moon copy though? Finished it in a few months, picked it up to Shiny Hunt, haven't touched it in a long time.
Not like i know where it went though.
I haven't finished Pokemon Sun but i might leavs that behind because picking Rowlet was a mistake.
This got kind of off topic but, uh, yeah. I feel the same with most of my Pkmn games.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
I recently played through Ultra Moon but I will admit that gen 7 has the least replay value of all, because it's so linear, so many cutscenes, so little postgame
Shiny hunting in the ultra wormhole is fun though

pkmin3033

I haven't touched Moon or Ultra Moon since I beat the Elite Four...I didn't even want to do the postgame in the latter title. I may or may not replay the games in the VERY distant future, but...well, I bought White/White 2 so I could replay Gen 5 without losing what I had on Black/Black 2, and I haven't done that yet. Recent Pokemon titles seem to be designed for me at least to be played only once.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I've been struggling a bit with the series lately, and Dexit certainly isn't helping. I got really into breeding a competitive living dex in gen 6, but then without a Batte Frontier, etc., it all feels rather pointless. I've finalky had the opportunity to get all of these perfect Pokémon, and I can't even use them. And even for the ones I've transferred forward, some of them can't be used because they weren't bred in Alola.

As for the gen 7 games, part of me wants to keep working on my living competitive dex, but with the cuts, it now seems rather pointless. I don't want to invest more effort in existing Pokémon that I may not be able to use in future games for years. Coupled to the hand-holding linearity of gen 7, and I've been at a bit of a loss of what to do since finishing the main game.

I will say that returning to older titles can be refreshing. I've pulled out an incomplete copy of White 2, and it's made me appreciate (a) things the older games did better and (b) quality-of-life changes in the newer games that I haven't appreciated sufficiently.

Back