• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Custom Load Screen in Pokémon Essentials

Years
Hello it's my first time posting here....so please move this to the right place if this is not the right place to post.

I am new to fan games and scripting
Can anyone tell me how to make a custom load screen (the screen with the NEW,CONTINUE and OPTIONS)?
Is there any specific script I will have to change?I just want a better interface.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Years
Have you tried looking in the Scripts, Tutorials & Tools section? Just reading through the first couple of threads gives me How to Add PSS Icon into Load Screen which might have some pointers, and I'm sure there are probably others too if you search.

Thanks a lot...I searched a bit and found the script I had to change.It is PScreen_Load
The PSS Icons script you suggested is also good....I will try that now

Last edited:
Years
OK...so now I made this graphic for my load screen and also imported it into my game but as I said I don't have much knowledge of scripting so I don't know how to make the pokéballs work as options...

I need help with the script to make it work

Attachments

• interactive_loadScreen.png
    interactive_loadScreen.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 29
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Do you have a specific question? How do you want the Pokéballs to work as options? Perhaps you want left/right and up/down to move between them like it does in the battle menu? I'm not sure exactly where that code is (PokeBattle_something probably), but I bet you could find it if you search for "Fight" or "Run" or something other piece of text you'd expect to see in that menu (e.g. "There's no running from a Trainer battle!" or however that's written).

Years
Do you have a specific question? How do you want the Pokéballs to work as options? Perhaps you want left/right and up/down to move between them like it does in the battle menu?

Yes that's what I meant!

Thanks for the advice.
I'll check all the scripts so that I'm not asking questions which have answers available in Essentials.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 4, 2020
Just in case you didn't know: use ctrl+shift+F to search in the entire script

Back