• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Ancient - Journey through the Past and Future

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
For all those who were here in 2017, hello, welcome. My name is Gelius, you probably know me for a while now. If not, well, it's nice to meet you. If you do, it's nice to see you again.

Before i come with a new comment, i should first explain a little tale.

We're going back in time to 2017, specifically Summer.

An idea of an RP came. An Idea of an RP involving Beta Pokemon. And for a while, people were hyped for it, as far as it's known.
And thus Past of the Past was born. I'm gonna say, i was proud. But due to various reasons, the RP eventually was doomed to die... And the Beta Pokemon once again fell into oblivion...

That is until May of 2018. The rom of the Pokemon Gold and Silver 1997 Spaceworld demo leaked to the internet, which sparked up some interest for Beta Pokemon. To this day, i'm still fascinated.

Even then, Past of the Past seemed dead... That is... Until today.

-

I officially announce that Past of the Past will be revived under a new name: Tales of Ancient - Journey through the Past and Future. It has been a huge plan, and i have done multiple test runs privately before, and i think now it's surefire to work.

First off, i want to tell you who's at the direction of this:

First is, obviously, myself. As the original Game Master, it would make sense for me to join in, to try to give it that essence.
And Secondly, the only other one. She's @ShaymieTheShaymin and she's a welcome addition to this. She's a great person, and so far it's been great working with her. She was also one of the first people who joined the original, and even helped the original for a few things.

We will do our best as Game Masters to spark more interest in your minds.

-

What is this going to be?

Specifically, to answer your question, it's of the same essence of Past of the Past: Johto before the times we knew it. However, me and Shay both thought that the Region would stay a bit stale, so this will take place in an Alternate Universe, with a Johto vastly different than you know. This doesn't mean you won't see familiar faces, but this kind of strays a bit away from the Canon. That also means we're going to use more modern things to keep registration of things largely simpler.

-

What can i expect from this?

While false expectations are not good, expect us to work our hardest to get this to thrive.

-

When will we be able to partake?

That, however, we can't answer. Making a good RP takes time, and Past of the Past also took time to release. Which means you'll have to wait. Don't pressure us on time.

-

Where i can contact you Gel?

Over at my Pokecommunity account. I'd say Discord, but that's on another level. All questions out of discord should go to me and only me.

-

Can we get a teaser?

Well, maybe. If i gave you what you asked, wouldn't be much of a teaser. We give you teasers when we feel like you need a teaser.

-

Am i able to become a Game Master as well?

While contribution is HIGHLY appreciated, unfortunately the team's set to be a 2 people team. However, in case you're a very significant contribution to the RP, we may consider your inclusion.

-

Where i can contribute?

Either over Discord (If you have a way to contact us that is) or over in this thread or PMs in the forums. Preferably in this post. Your contributions will be taken into consideration and you may have something input in by you.

-

Where i can make questions?

Like contributions, in this thread precisely. Though we would prefer more relevant questions, and not asking me what my lunch was.

-

Are Beta Pokemon the only thing you're adding of new?

If you knew Past of the Past, then you know Beta Pokemon isn't the only addition. It's the main one, surely, but there's always surprises waiting around the corner. But that's gonna be for another time.

-

Where will you post your work?

Right here! We'll update things right here in our thread! This is tagged as Interest Check, but will also double as a Workshop, where you'll see some things we may add just for you to keep looking forward to it.

-

With this, i conclude my brief presentation. I hope you look forward to what we're going to make for you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
You don't really tell us anything about the RP here, just the name and region. Will it be like a trainer journey style, or very story focused?

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
You don't really tell us anything about the RP here, just the name and region. Will it be like a trainer journey style, or very story focused?

Yes and no. How do i put this: The RP has a specific plot that involves a lot of story that we will experience. But it also will give players the freedom of carving their own paths/side stories and their own stories. It aims to be like a journey but keep the party together. Our own objective is not "Go on your own journey". It has distinct features of those, but our goal is to be "Come on a journey WITH US".

With this said, i would also like to add that a huge issue for Journey RPs is that a lot of characters just barely talk with other characters, and follow their own paths. While having their own goals is good, and while we understand the issue of JPs where they can be hard to work on, we wish to erase this issue. We want the characters to expand but we also want them to connect. These wont be multiple journeys which sometimes interconnect. Its one big journey where everyone is in and explores together, and where each character partaking in it has their goals, motives, reasons, side plots, backstories and developements. That is our ultimate goal. A fun, worthwhile RP where we have a huge sense of community.

Last edited:
Back