• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Hoenn: The Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
i have seen your pepo servers
i'm not sure you can change
ur right
405337568901726209.png

doge

???
Years
what dead rp discord server, what have i missed

Change of plans, sorry! I think I will focus on other things and won't sign up for a pokémon RP at this time. Good luck and have fun though :D

no problemo, it'll be around (hopefully) if you ever change your mind

Can I reserve a spot? It'd be my first online RP.

ye go ahead boss. let me know if u have any questions

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen today
51e8eb22cd53cb9a721155d9651289f5.jpg

Kyle Fisher - 17 years old boy from Dewford Town
Appearance
with a height of approximately 5'4", Kyle will often have a smile stamped on his face, bearing slightly round bluish green eyes, airing a hairstyle unique to himself, colored light orange. His favorite and usual attire includes white slippers, a white jacket and white shorts, which feature blue as well, which he uses to combine with his eyes, which he thinks to match his attire's blue. He will rarely use a shirt, unless he's not wearing his jacket.
Personality
Laid back and always curious, Kyle has the habit of interacting with anything or anyone that picks his interest. He likes spending his time outside, where he can see the marvels of nature, during the day, as Kyle is uncomfortable around dark places. He's rather friendly to anyone he meets, and has ease in trusting complete strangers after getting to know them a bit.
Pokémon
Yaichi the Carvanha | Male | Lv. 15​
carvanha.jpg
Ability: Rough Skin​
Moveset: Leer | Bite | Ice Fang | Scary Face | Double Edge​
Backstory
Yaichi was once a nameless Carvanha drifting in Dewford's shore with his companions. A peaceful place for a Pokémon, as the people would feed the Pokémon. Kyle's father, who is a known fisherman on Dewford, took the boy to pass to him his knowledge, along with his Old Rod. Kyle took the rod in excitement, with a single hand, and swinged it to the sea, only to find this Carvanha, hungry for food. Kyle saw how resistant the Pokémon was and added his right hand to use his full force in pulling the Pokémon. Carvanha would still be stronger than the boy, and was dragging the boy closer and closer to the waters. Kyle's father joined in to aid his boy, finally pulling the Carvanha to the land. Carvanha tried to jump back to the water, but Kyle quickly threw a Poké Ball to catch him, which succeeded quickly. Kyle decided to name the Carvanha Yaichi, like his father's name, as it was he who helped him make a new friend. After that day, Kyle would often go near the waters to play with Yaichi, where he's most comfortable.

Last edited:

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
(Fancy schmancy CSS coming later.)

Name: Kiyo Shima
Starting City/Town: Dewford Town

Appearance: Standing at 5'08", Kiyo has dark brown, almost black, eyes with semi-long black hair and slightly tanned skin. He is usually found wearing dark brown cargo pants with brown hiking boots and whatever dark colored t-shirt he randomly pulled from his closet that day. He also wears a sharpedo tooth on a string around his neck along with a brown paracord bracelet on each of his wrists. He's often criticized for wearing mostly brown all the time but Kiyo feels that it helps him blend in with the environment better while he's searching for Pokémon.

Personality/Traits: Kiyo is an adventurer at heart. If there's a hole in the ground Kiyo hasn't seen before he's likely to dive in without a second thought just to see what's hidden down below. He does enjoy Pokémon battling, however most of the catching he does is on camera. Kiyo spends most of his time diving in the oceans around Dewford or spelunking through Granite Cave in hopes of discovering new Pokémon to photograph. He loves just seeing Pokémon and can't wait for a chance to go out into the world and see all the species that it has to offer. He isn't very outgoing unless a person's pokémon catches his eye. Kiyo would also rather spend his nights sleeping in the woods instead of comfy hotel.

Other: N/A (For now… I think.)

POKEMON
Species: Sableye
Name: Gremm
Level: 12
Moveset: Leer, Scratch, Foresight, Night Shade, Astonish
Ability: Keen Eye

Backstory: While crawling around Granite Cave one day a glint of light reflected off Kiyo's camera, catching a wild Sableye's attention. The Sableye quietly stalked Kiyo through the cave until it was finally able to snatch the camera from the boy and run off. Kiyo chased the Pokémon to a small chamber with many small holes in the walls where he was finally able to grab ahold of his camera. The two struggled to pull the camera from each other and the noise woke up a herd of angry Aron resting in the tunnels. As the Pokémon attacked, Kiyo jumped in front of the Sableye to shield it from oncoming attacks. The Sableye was confused by this and decided to help Kiyo fend off the attackers. Eventually a swarm of Zubat came through and provided enough cover for the pair to escape and having witnessed the human's attempt to help him, the Sableye has decided to loyally follow Kiyo from thereon. The creature's appearance reminded Kiyo of the stories his grandparents would tell him of fictional creatures called Gremlins and thus named his new companion Gremm.

Other: Unlike most Sableye, Gremm has emerald colored eyes. Likely due to an excess of emeralds in it's diet compared to the more varied gems that other Sableye consume. (Science moment. Yay.)

Species: Mawile
Name: Mollie
Level: 10
Moveset: Play Rough, Iron Head, Taunt, Fake Tears, Bite,
Ability: Hyper Cutter

Backstory: As usual, Kiyo and Gremm were moving through Granite Cave in search of more rare pokémon to photograph when a Mawile started following them. The Pokémon didn't seem to care if it was seen or not and Kiyo couldn't quite figure out what was so interesting to this Pokémon. However after some time had passed he noticed that it was Gremm the Mawile was after. Despite Gremm's disinterest in the fairy Pokemon, the Mawile followed the them to the entrance of the cave where Kiyo tried explaining to the Pokemon that it was better if she stayed in the cave. But Mawile ignored this and followed the trainer and his Sableye to their home anyway where, much to Gremm's dismay, Kiyo decided to take Mawile in and named her Mollie as it felt the name suited her.

Other: She likes cheese. (I dunno, just didn't feel like leaving another "N/A")

Last edited:

doge

???
Years

Starting with one Pokémon means you only have 15 levels at max to give to your Carvanha, so roll Yaichi back one level :frown:

Also, could you add a height? :smile:

She likes cheese.

Hopefully she eats it in moderation. SU looks good, just need a height for your character.

You two can consider yourselves accepted once those changes are made :boogie:

In the meantime, here's a discord for the RP. https://discord.gg/SVJBsV Feel free to drop in even if you're just working on your SU. Let me know who you are when you come in if it isn't obvious.

Dusk Mane Koopa

"What's the matter, scared?"
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Hope I'm not too late.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

doge

???
Years
Nolan Dichard

Thanks for changing up the levels. I was going to comment about this a lot earlier but I ended up letting this post sit in preview almost the entire day. :confused:

I have a few things about Nolan that'd I'd like to see changed or added to before I accept him.

In regards to his personality, I want to see just a few more details about Nolan. Since you've already described him as cocky and overconfident let's try to build off of that. If Nolan is so confident in himself, what happens when he fails, like with all his failed catches, or doesn't meet his own expectations? Is he the type to sulk or does he bounce back with little trouble? How does that confidence affect the way he deals with people? Is he dismissive of people that disagree with him? Is he gullible and easily influenced by those that pamper his ego? These are just suggestions to get the gears turning and there are a lot of other ways to expand on his personality. Also, these don't have to be set values either. Ideally, at least in my opinion, there should be a degree of growth and change for your character in a Journey RP so don't feel like anything you decide has to be set in stone (in the long run).

Now about his being from Unova... In a general sense, I'm fine with it, but I'd like some sort of plausible explanation for why this fifteen year old kid is hoping to become a Pokémon Trainer in some entirely unfamiliar region so very far away from his home and why Ma and Pa are apparently (or not) on board.

Also, one last, maybe not last, thing. "Graduated school at age 13" kind of bugs me, but this is really my fault more than anything. I didn't mention this at all in the OP even though I really should have done so, especially with the age range starting at fifteen, which honestly I'm leaning towards boosting to sixteen. For the purpose of this role play, school exists, but "young adults" have the option of choosing whether or not they want to continue their education after a certain age, in this case 15, or possibly 16. So for the young characters that have been signing up, you guys are kind of like high school drop outs. :frown:

I know I said it bugged me, but I'm actually really appreciative that you were the first to have it in their sign-up since I don't think I would have remembered how much this bothered or mattered to me until like way later on where it'd be a lot more complicated to bring up. Gonna tack this on to the OP. i swear

Anyways, these are the sorts of changes I would like to see and I hope you're okay with them. Let me know if I can help through discord, VM, PM, or this thread, although I don't want to be too hands on with the sign-up process.

Dusk Mane Koopa

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I took all your suggestions and updated Nolan's bio above. You raised so many questions I didn't think about (though this is, again, my first RP).
The school aspect was inspired by an anime adaption called Pocket Monsters: The Animation, where people become legal adults at the age of 10.
I do have a question, though: as the GM, will you directly control what happens to our characters? I'm planning on giving Nolan at least 2 other Pokemon.
Also, there's a naming theme: vacuum cleaner brands. I have no idea why.

Last edited:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Cali
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024

dz2iD60m.jpg
ovXoaGwm.png
Aoi Saito 16 years Female Origins: Johto

Original/Sketch Images:
Spoiler:

Appearance: Aoi is roughly 158 cm tall and has long, black hair that reaches past her mid back when straight. Her hair was commonly styled with the top layer in a hair bow while the rest in a curled ponytail beneath it. She has fair skin and bright lavender colored eyes that are generally accented with a red eyeshadow that matches her lipstick. Being the daughter of one of the Johto Kimono girls, her attire generally consisted of kimonos with knee high socks that have ruffles on the top and geta sandals. Aoi also carried a decent sized purse that has a Magikarp scale pattern on it the carry her belongings as well as a red and white parasol. After some time in Hoenn, Aoi found herself wanting to try something new for clothing as she found kimono's rather difficult to move in while traveling to Petalburge, as well as the fact that she became self-conscious about standing out so much in this foreign region. Due to this, she change her attire to a black top with yellow-orange accents, blue denim shorts, a red denim jacket matched with a blue bandanna tied around her neck for areas that were sandy or sooty and red and white high-top sneakers. Aoi changed her hairstyle from its usual hair bow to just a curled ponytail tied up with a frilled yellow-orange ribbon. She now carries her kimono's in her bag, keeping them for a special occasion or festival she may stumble upon while she travels. Despite the change of attire, Aoi still carries a parasol in her bag, though her original one was sent back to her home in Johto where it wouldn't get damaged on her journey. After some time and speaking with someone at Devon co, she modified the hairpin, that she thought was just a pretty jewel (but looks to be a keystone) and added it to the rope bracelet she wears on her right wrist.

Starting City/Town: Petalburge CIty

Personality: Before coming to Hoenn and a short while after, Aoi was rather reserved towards people, often being very formal with them due to her upbringing. Furthermore, because she spent very little time around people her own age, she had difficulty talking with others and making friends with the exception of Pokemon. After spending some time away from her family and the surroundings she was used to, Aoi began to open herself up more and become more relaxed, learning how to talk to other people in a non-formal way and even managing to hold conversations with people instead of just her Charmander Pyro. Due to the knowledge taught to her of the Mythical Pokemon of Johto, she has a keen interest in learning more about the Mythical Pokemon of other regions as she travels. Moreover, she is inquisitive and enjoys learning, specifically about myth and lure and even ancient civilization. Aoi carries her deepest treasure in a locket that is kept hidden in her bag, a feather from the Mythical Pokemon Ho-Oh, finding it to be the last link she has to her late grandfather and would be rather distraught if it were to be lost or stolen. Even though she has opened herself up more, Aoi still has moments of formality in her speech and mannerism though she is also a tad klutzy, at times tripping over absolutely nothing, which is part of what fueled her decision to no longer wear her kimonos from home and wear clothing that allowed her to fit in more with other trainers. Despite having grown up on a, metaphorical, pedestal in Johto, Aoi is rather self-conscious and it is because of this, she doesn't hold vanity in her looks.

Original Personality Description:
Spoiler:

History: Growing up in Ecruteak City, Johto, Aoi was homeschooled by her mother and aunts until the age of 15, learning the general things that were taught as well as the knowledge of the Legendary Pokemon Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi and the Three Legendary Dogs and the traditional dances of the Kimono Girls. Due to being homeschooled Aoi was rather sheltered from other people her age and found the companionship of Pokemon to fill the void, specifically her mother's Umbreon and her own Charmander, Pyro. Because she rarely left Ecruteak she became close to the people that lived there as well as the gym leader of the city, Morty as well as her Grandfather who worked at the Bell Tower where Ho-Oh resided. On the day of his death, she happened to see Ho-Oh fly overhead before one of its feathers fell to her feet. After his death and her sudden encounter with the Mythical Pokemon, she decided she wanted to take some time to travel and sailed to Hoenn carrying with her the feather of Ho-Oh as well as an old hairpin gifted to her by her, now widowed, grandmother. Aoi first found herself in Slateport City before traveling to Petalburg after hearing a rumor that the Gym Leader there held knowledge of a Mythical Pokemon.

Charmander/Pyro Male Blaze Shiny Level:15
Ember - Scratch - Growl - Smoke Screen

Born to a Charizard from the Charicific Valley, his egg was given to the Kimono Girl, Zuki and then to her daughter Aoi at the age of nine. He was kept by her side constantly until he hatched and from there on formed a very close bond with Aoi. When Aoi left Ecruteak city and traveled to the Hoenn Region, Pyro was one of the only reminders of home she had and continued to stay by her side, protecting her from harm when need be. With his unusual coloration, Pyro tends to attract trouble from people that seek rare Pokemon for collection.

Mfh7RUbm.png
Rhys Terfel 17 Years Male

Home Town: Rustboro CIty

Personality: Rhys is a stylish, cocky city boy who is rather confident in himself and his skills as a trainer despite being new to it. This proud boy is rather arrogant and a tad vain, growing up as a rather rich city boy that got what he wanted for the most part when he wanted it. Because of this, he is rather spoiled and seems to think money can get him what he wants because it seems to for his parents. Despite being a city boy, he isn't very fast paced and prefers to go more of his own pace than that of others. Despite his cocky attitude, he is a decent battle strategist and his arrogance in his ability is warranted because of his studies growing up. Despite his rich upbringings, he is rebellious in nature to his parents, having left on a journey against their advisement and wishes because he is their heir.

History: With family hailing from high-society in Orre, Rhys grew up well off receiving only the best things money could buy. His family runs their own Pokeball manufacturing industry and thus is rather influential. He is the oldest and only child to his parents and is expected to take over the company in their stead. Due to this, he grew up with many home tutors alongside having attended a private academy. Even though he was being groomed to be a business owner, his parents allowed him to get a starter Pokemon from Professor Birch when it was offered. Choosing Mudkip, he began to train it behind his parents back at night when no one was awake and began to crave the adventure that most trainers had. This idea was however shot down the moment it came up by not only his mother and father but also any other family member he mentioned it to. Over time with the rigid nature of his parents and their forced expectations, Rhys grew to resent them and when he turned 17, he planned to take off on a journey despite them having constantly berated him for the idea. With his Mudkip by his side, he took off one night when his parents were out of town for a business trip, taking on the Rustboro gym soon after, successfully beating the gym on his second attempt. After that, he decided to head south of the city towards the shore and Petalburge

bUOSeqJm.gif
Mudkip Male Torrent Level:16
Watergun - Tackle - Growl - Mud-Slap

Last edited:

doge

???
Years
Sorry for the late responses everybody.

Aoi NoSurname

The only thing I'd ask is that you don't have Pyro starting out with Dragon Claw. We can get Aoi's hands on a TM02 later if you want though. Aside from that the sign-up is all good!

She keeps the balls of her Pokémon on a stylish, bracelet-like accessory on her right wrist

That is just sick and depraved :disbelief: But we accept all types here, even the twisted ones that look related to Flannery.

I do have a question, though: as the GM, will you directly control what happens to our characters? I'm planning on giving Nolan at least 2 other Pokemon.

I will, but if you have any Pokemon you want in particular and you absolutely must get your hands on them, we can work something out, although there may be a catch or two. This applies for everybody.

Also here is a new discord invite link since I'm a dumbass and the last one expired. https://discord.gg/vcw2yKb

Also also, I have noticed a few sneaky edits in some of the sign-ups so I think everybody has made the changes they needed to make. I'm going to try and get the IC submitted tonight and finally update the OP.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Cali
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Sorry for the late responses everybody.

The only thing I'd ask is that you don't have Pyro starting out with Dragon Claw. We can get Aoi's hands on a TM02 later if you want though. Aside from that the sign-up is all good!

Alright not a problem at all :) I change the info for Pyro and I added Aoi's surname. I didn't realize in the least I had forgotten it until I read your post lolol.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
I like this. (: If I may?

Marmara Ortega | 21 | Female | Verdanturf Town
poK1mQ2.jpg

Link: http://imgur.com/p4yLoOp

Personality:

The young 5 feet and 5 inches adult, who weighs 135 lbs, is a coward in disguise. A coward with a heart. She fears conflict and trouble with others. And to avoid such she is capable of white lies in order to run away from the turbulence. Of course she attempts to confront these issues at hand, but the poor woman needs to only take one step into the dilemma before shrinking away. Due to this she is quite passive and very docile. Submissive if you will.

Despite this she actually welcomes others with open arms, finding comfort in expressing herself with another living thing; whether human or Pokémon matters not. Talkative, open minded, and easily amused, Marmara's patience allows her to carry plenty of optimism. She also carries a good work ethic, seeking for constant improvement and ambitious feats. This helps her feel confident and content with herself. From this she developed quite the patience.

However, she is an emotional one, albeit she does her best to repress the gurgling emotions. Marmara does a terrible job, really. It's a trait that greatly embarrasses her other than her recurring dizzy spells.

Other:
• The lady can't swim and thus fearful of large bodies of water.
• For those curious, Marmara has a high pitched voice.

---

Pokemon

Species: Aipom
Level: 15
Moveset: Scratch, Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Astonish, Baton Pass, Tickle, Bounce
Ability: Run Away
Backstory: As a child Marmara was mesmerized by the notion of raising her own creature. Standing in her way was Mr. Ortega, who wasn't convinced she was fully capable of raising a powerful critter at the age she currently was. Yet, upon moving from Oldale to Verdanturg, Mr. Ortega had decided to gift his then 10 year old daughter a newly-hatched Aipom.
Other: Has a ferocious appetite for chocolate.

Last edited:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Cali
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Also, sorry for so many edits to my post lol. I was adding pictures as i drew them, and mostly fixing grammar errors here and there, and trying to get my signature not to show up on the dang post. Though a few times I clicked edit and full on, did not know why I did a few moments later ^^;

Edit: The last Edit I did is add and a rival NPC to the post that you can have fun with lol. This NPC is a bit flushed out in details, though I lost my train of thought while typing and I also added some artwork of the rival as well.

And I had one question for you, will Pokemon contests be a thing in this RP? Though now that I think about it, that may be a bit difficult to RP tbh lol ^^;

Last edited:

doge

???
Years
So I submitted the IC thread just now, a day and a half late just for good measure. There's an opening scene that I don't think is too long, but I went ahead and made a tl;dr at the bottom of the post anyways. There will be a set of instructions there for your first posts but it's really not much, just one thing I'd like to see in your posts.

E D I T

pokemon contests

Edits are nothing to apologize for, but I will forgive you. Pokemon Contests can certainly be a thing if you or anyone else wants that for their character. Just let me know and we'll make it happen. The NPC is a nice addition, especially since you've given him a considerable amount of thought. I do have a question regarding him though.

Do Aoi and Rhys already know each other, or will their first meeting be in the RP?

Dusk Mane Koopa

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Decide to add a 3rd Pokemon as well as natures. Hope I'm STILL not too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back