• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey um, does anyone know where i can get a Trainer Editor (like PET for example) which is compatible for FR/LG. I've searched a few threads only to find the same question being answered and no good replies. I've been suggested Trainer Edit/Trainer Editor or whatever you call them - but i have no where i could download them. Thanks in advance,

Josh

Try HackMew's A-Trainer.
Or interdepth's tools...

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
Years
give the excact numbers here of where they ened to go, and the map numbers.
Or that is wrong, or the rom is corrupt.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I have been looking on this thread and website for hours now, and im new to the whole rom hacking thing.(started 2 days ago but im pretty far) But the only thing i really need is the title screen. I wanted to know if someone could find or make a tut on how to change the version and other things on Pokemon Sapphire with unLZ and tilemolester. (pokepic doesnt work for my game otherweise i would be pretty far on it already). (Please make it VERY noob friendly too, like the one for ruby that they use PokePic for)

Techeon

I Do Not Exist
Years
I've got a scripting question. I'm hacking FR, using XSE and I've managed to do a few basic scripts; sign posts and talking to people and stuff. Now...

I was trying to do something to keep the player from going into a certain area and as soon as the player steps on the event tile the game freezes without doing anything.

I've been researching for litterally hours and I know there's some glaring n00b error I'm missing but I could really use help if someone wouldn't mind providing it, please?

'---------------
#org 0x8000BB
lockall
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x88000FD
waitmovement 0x0
textcolor 0x0
msgbox 0x88000DE MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Words are here[.]\nIt says stuff."
closeonkeypress
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800100
waitmovement 0x0
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8000DE
= Words are here[.]\nIt says stuff.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x8000FD
#raw 0x0 'Face Down
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x800100
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years

Larsie13

I've got a scripting question. I'm hacking FR, using XSE and I've managed to do a few basic scripts; sign posts and talking to people and stuff. Now...

I was trying to do something to keep the player from going into a certain area and as soon as the player steps on the event tile the game freezes without doing anything.

I've been researching for litterally hours and I know there's some glaring n00b error I'm missing but I could really use help if someone wouldn't mind providing it, please?

First, this belongs in the Script Help Thread, and second: in Advance Map, set the first Unknown value of the script tile to 0003, and the Var Number to 4050. That should do it.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Does anyone have the Music Offset for Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Firered for Sappy version version 1.6? If anyone does, it would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Okay i got my version thing fixed and everything (it's just really sloppy no matter how much i clean it up in paint or PSCS3 which i need help on), but now i have a bigger issue,
just earlier my unLZ-GBA was working perfectly, now i click write to rom, it saves, etc. etc. etc, but i click next then previous and its back to original. Can someone help me A.S.A.P.? I really wanna edit some more pokemon (i have tons of edits not yet imported).

EDIT: I have a PKMN Sapphire Rom
:( Help Please :(

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Okay i got my version thing fixed and everything (it's just really sloppy no matter how much i clean it up in paint or PSCS3 which i need help on), but now i have a bigger issue,
just earlier my unLZ-GBA was working perfectly, now i click write to rom, it saves, etc. etc. etc, but i click next then previous and its back to original. Can someone help me A.S.A.P.? I really wanna edit some more pokemon (i have tons of edits not yet imported).

EDIT: I have a PKMN Sapphire Rom
:( Help Please :(

Are you repointing the image? If so, you are not deleting the old image, you are changing the pointers in the game to select the image you just made, not the old one, which still exists.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Ohhhh! Tyvm, ill try that now. (sorry for late response, went to see Know1ng)(BTW: it was a little more graphic and disturbing than i thought lol, kinda freaky in a bizzar kinda way.)

EDIT: Still doesn't work, i go next, then previous, then it goes right back to original. Any more help? Greatly appreciated.

:( Please Help :(

EDIT: Wait, how do i know if im repointing? Isn't that the "Automatically fix pointers" option? If it is, then i just tried taking it off and it still doesn't save. If it isn't, then what is it?

how do you open an ips file?

I believe you need an IPS patcher (Like Lunar IPS or LIPS [its here on the tools forum])

Does anyone have the Music Offset for Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Firered for Sappy version version 1.6? If anyone does, it would be greatly appreciated.

Try searching for a sappy tutorial on YouTube, they'd probably include the offset. (and don't you need specific offsets for different songs in the ROM?)

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
How would I go about increasing the sprite cap which can then be edited in Overworld Editor?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello once again pipz...
I have another question I wish to be resolved...

I think some of you might have already noticed this to my hacks.
Well, anyways, in a script where there's gonna be a trainer battle, why do sometimes some NPC's change the direction of where they're facing?

Thanks~

Years
Hi Guys!
I'm trying to make an NPC move when a script event is activated.
I can do such a thing with applymovement, waitmovement etc when talking to someone, but the game sticks when using the same script on a normal script event.
Any ideas??
Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I just added Gen 2 and 3 pokemon to routes of Fire Red. I caught one and leveled it up to realize it cannot evolve unless you have the National Dex. There has to be a way to have the National Dex right off the bat instead of the Kanto Dex, right? How is it done?

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I just added Gen 2 and 3 pokemon to routes of Fire Red. I caught one and leveled it up to realize it cannot evolve unless you have the National Dex. There has to be a way to have the National Dex right off the bat instead of the Kanto Dex, right? How is it done?

You have to use the setflag comand in a script.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
hey I was hacking emeral

when I tryed to change the text during the intro of the hack up to the battle with your rival
I couldn't do it
A-Text doesn't work
and I can only find offset's for half of the text's
can someone help

edit: what are some major flags for emerald EX. nat dex, running shoes,

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2012
Hi, I'd like to know, how do I create new palettes for a map? I've been messing around with the AdvanceMap, but I don't think it's there... xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back