• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Water Wars (Piplup vs. Oshawott)

Which Pokémon do you choose?

• Total voters
Years
oFRRUer.gif

Friendly rivals in the anime, Dawn's Piplup and Ash's Oshawott had an ongoing feud trying to win over the affection of Meloetta, despite either Pokemon being successful. Both the Water-type starter Pokemon in their respective regions, they both pack a power punch in their final forms, with Piplup's final evolution being the part-Steel type Empoleon, and Oshawott's being Samurott, a pure Water type. But, if these two were to go head-to-head in battle, whose side would you be on?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Piplup is one of my favorite starters, and was my choice in Super Mystery Dungeon.

While I like all of the water starters, I really don't care for Oshawott. It's design isn't appealing to me. The second evolution and Samurott being even worse.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
My boy Oshawott takes it home. Sure, the final evolution for it isn't the best thing in the world (what were they thinking?), but he's a fierce little fighter, and a great character in the anime as well!

Years
hmmmmm this is kind of a hard one, if only because I... actually really like both!

going for pipup here though. for me, piplup wins only slightly

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Oof making me choose between my two favorite water starters! I think I have to go with Oshawott. My best friend's favorite pokemon might be piplup, but my favorite animal is an otter at heart.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm going to have to go with Piplup here. Oshawott has grown on me throughout the years but not as much as Piplup and tbh Ash's Oshawott is one of the ones that I like the least on his BW team. He's cute but i mean. He doesn't compare to Snivy or even Dawn's Piplup.

Years
Even though Empoleon is my second favorite final evolution starter, I actually prefer Oshawott if we're just going with the starters themselves, so I voted for it over Piplup.

Years
i dislike empoleon, just for the reason that he has bad typing and overall terrible with my gameplays. i used oshawott on my 2nd playthrough of pokemon black and it was hella helpful. soooo.... oshawott for me

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
Since I haven't gotten far in the anime, based on just the starters' designs and not their evolutions too, I'd go with Piplup, I think its cuter. Oshawott's design has a bit too much going on for my tastes, I've always preferred the simpler-designed Pokémon personally.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Oshawott has been on my list of favorite Pokemon since I was 10. So...sorry, Piplup! This was not at all hard!

Back