hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
I have a few goals I want to do this year, or resolutions or..whatever you want to call them. Uhm. I'm not too good at making these and I'm not sure how this works, I've never made a resolution thread for myself for the new year. These goals may or may not work out, and I'll probably add more eventually. All I ask is for your support <3
My Goals:
-Find happiness
-Make new friends
-Get a job OR go to college
-Get stable mental health (that might be worded weirdly I apologize)
-get back into writing

All I need is your support and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Uhm..I'm bad at doing these..sorry.
they/them ★ he/him ★ pashmina
tumblrao3Seán McLoughlincredit

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
the only thing though is that school scares me. i don't want to go to a big college. also..i'm scared that i won't be good enough for college.

Nah

Age 26
Female
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 20 Hours Ago
13,555 posts
5.8 Years
the only thing though is that school scares me. i don't want to go to a big college. also..i'm scared that i won't be good enough for college.
You could always try finding a small college to go to, there should be one somewhere for you to go to.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Nina

Age 27
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,341 posts
11.8 Years
What are you hoping to do as a job or career? It is possible to get a job, even a decent one, only with a high school diploma. While you can't walk in and get the job of your dreams, there are opportunities where jobs will train you or careers where you can build you own portfolio.

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
i'm hoping to either become an author or something to do with mental health, like helping people with mental health issues. or anything with animals works.

Somewhere_

i don't know where

Age 19
Male
somewhere (duh)
Seen June 5th, 2019
Posted March 17th, 2019
4,496 posts
4.2 Years
I know this might not help reach your goal, but if you want something to do in the meantime or something to help you look good on applications, volunteering at an animal shelter might be great. You seem to love animals and you are probably pretty good with them.

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
as much as i'd love to volunteer i think my mom actually wants me to get a job that gets me some income.. ;;

Somewhere_

i don't know where

Age 19
Male
somewhere (duh)
Seen June 5th, 2019
Posted March 17th, 2019
4,496 posts
4.2 Years
as much as i'd love to volunteer i think my mom actually wants me to get a job that gets me some income.. ;;
I meant it just for the meantime, not as a replacement for a job. Maybe just to supplement a job or just pass the time until you find one. Finding jobs can be hard!

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
i will see what i can do c: there is an animal shelter somewhat nearby me, i can see if i can volunteer there now since i'm 19.

Nina

Age 27
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,341 posts
11.8 Years
i'm hoping to either become an author or something to do with mental health, like helping people with mental health issues. or anything with animals works.
While volunteering is good, you can actually possibly get a job working at kennels! (Or other animal stay over places) I don't know how much they pay, but they are a profit business instead shelters, so they should be able to pay you. If you need a job job that is steady, don't try what I'm about to say, but you can also start working as a pet sitter/dog walker. There are website for posting stuff locally, as well as ads in local shops. But like I said, if you need a steady job this is going to be hard to get started.

In terms on mental health, you will need to be certified so it's sorta impossible that I know of to break into that without college. I wouldn't recommend going to school to be an author. Just keep working on stories and writing, start looking for small or local article writing opportunities.

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
Alright, I will see if i can get an actual job working with animals :3 thank you<3 you guys are all so helpful

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
hello, uhm, i'm planning on going to an animal shelter to see if i can volunteer soon possibly later this week. this week is a busy week for me and my mom so uh...yeah. wish me luck i guess?

Aquacorde

see you good kids on the other side

Age 26
Female
Ankh-Morpork
Seen September 9th, 2018
Posted March 18th, 2018
10,289 posts
15.1 Years
good luck! i do have to ask though, are you able to get to this shelter consistently? it's very important to be able to get there easily and often, even when volunteering.
i want to believe

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
my mom could probably take me there for awhile.

Aquacorde

Age 26
Female
Ankh-Morpork
Seen September 9th, 2018
Posted March 18th, 2018
10,289 posts
15.1 Years
If they end up offering you a position, make sure to discuss scheduling with your mom in advance then! Also, totally ask for a paying position before a volunteer position. ;P
i want to believe

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
hello, i am going to the animal shelter today to apply and volunteer. wish me luck!

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
i went there and i asked to be a volunteer. they gave me a sheet to fill out and whatnot so hopefully when i fill it out and take it back i'll be..settled in? if that makes sense lol. i look forward to it. just not...big dogs because big dogs scare me... ;-; i got bit by one once :c so now a lot of big dogs scare me. welp.

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
that's true :3 i'll see what i can do. i hope to like, work with the cats at first and then slowly work my way to the dogs, yknow?

Taro Tanaka

Idly Wasting Away...

Male
Hollow Summer
Seen April 12th, 2019
Posted October 26th, 2018
1,552 posts
7.9 Years
i'm hoping to either become an author...
I read your short story - feedback's there. It was cute (grammar, but still). As long as you're original enough to pour out the stories, I say keep it up.
Signature made by Nah

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
..Thank you. I don't..well I haven't written for myself besides that story in ages so I'm a bit rusty at it. But thank you anyways.

Aquacorde

Age 26
Female
Ankh-Morpork
Seen September 9th, 2018
Posted March 18th, 2018
10,289 posts
15.1 Years
that's true :3 i'll see what i can do. i hope to like, work with the cats at first and then slowly work my way to the dogs, yknow?
hey, how did the shelter opportunity go? was it a bust? D:
i want to believe

hoshiko

Age 21
Non-binary
The Deep South
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,970 posts
9.4 Years
i honestly haven't turned in the application yet. but my mom is planning on getting me a prepaid phone (a flip phone or something, not too expensive), so i can finally start things up with my VR. (vocational rehab, where they help you find jobs and stuff for people who have issues that prevent them from getting a job, mine would be depression or social anxiety/general anxiety bc it does sort of prevent me.)

and then when i get a phone and get things started with them i can finally start my resume and start turning in my resume to places i want to work. so..yeah.
Advertiser Content