• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The internet goes out at your home...

Years
What do you do when you notice that your internet connection goes out and there's nothing you can do until it comes back?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
go somewhere else with wi-fi, or watch my Harry Potter blu-rays until the internet comes back

I think I also have games downloaded that don't require internet

Years
it'd finally convince me to get off my ass and go outside for one at my local park. or perhaps read a few books from my local library -- I've always wanted to but alas, this thing called the internet is just far too addicting.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I either just use data, or reset the connection on my laptop, since it's usually my laptop that's the issue, lmfao. I have p good wifi that doesn't really go out.

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
Uhh.... take a three hour nap until it comes back ( It can be 5 or maybe 6 depending on when it comes).

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
My anxiety will usually be up a lot tbh. I tend to live on the internet, but not just for my friends. I use it a lot for researching and stuff. So, if it goes out for a while... it's often a pretty big deal for me at times. Since there's not much to be done and such... I often have to just wait it out and try to other things to pass the time. I might work on a story or do story notes... maybe even play Pokemon. The good thing about ours is that it doesn't go out that often where it's the internet side. It'll go out on occasion, but if you unhook it and rehook it... it's usually fine. If I really need to research something, I'll use data on my iPad through our cell provider.

Last edited:
Years
s l e e p t i m e

honestly, this happens far too often a few years back. and i used to always sleep or watch movies or eat etc.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I would like to say I'd just use data until the internet is back but that's what everyone in the area is doing and my provider is... well. It doesn't do well at all when the towers are congested, so at crowded malls I have no service and I know from experience that the same is true when there's a mass power/internet outage. :catsad:

So I end up just sitting around doing nothing instead and feeling miserable, but not miserable enough to actually get out of the house and go find internet elsewhere, ahaha. So usually that means I play video games until it's back.

Last edited:

Emilia

~ free falling
Years
With my internet, it tends to go out a lot, but it only lasts from a few seconds to a minute or two. Usually I just groan and wait, but if it takes any longer, I just boot up a game that doesn't require internet, like Minecraft or Cube World.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Sleep is usually my fall back since there's never enough sleep to go around when one is truly busy grinding through life.

Years
I use my phone data for browsing/watching YouTube videos if that's what I'm killing time with at home if rebooting my router doesn't fix it, after calling my ISP to verify the outage.

This is assuming I'm not already doing something else when it goes out, but I won't notice much because my phone is also my background podcast device and I'll turn off wifi on that if my home wifi router is acting wonky anyway, even if my wired stuff is having no issues if I don't feel like logging in to my desktop to reboot my router.

Now if that goes out, I have problems, because I am technically on call 24/7. I'd probably have to ask a neighbor if I can use their wifi so I can message my boss saying my cell service has ate the dust. I would probably use that time to back up stuff on my phone and perform a factory reset to see if that fixes the issue.

Years
cry tbh

Or get my lazy butt and be productive. Draw and read stuff on my queue. Or eat. Lately i've also been annoying my cat in internet less situations.

And data.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sleep or play video games. Maybe finally even pick up a book and do some reading. The internet itself I wasn't really on for like two years so it's not really a big deal to me. Though I suppose it would suck not being able to watch anything but hey. There are options out there.

If it's on one of my days off and it's early enough Disney is an option too.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Play games or watch TV mostly, I tend not to use my mobile data because I have watch youtube a lot and I rather use it when not at home.

Back