• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: ZodiacDaGreat's New Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Ooohhh, feature request: GTK.
If you don't know it, i'll help ya out, OR you could go to the official website they got some pretty good tuts under the "documentation" (scroll to bottom) I personally recommend here
I second the animation compatibility.
hm....could you let us load external palettes, or load palettes from the ROM with the door editor? that was kinda painful to use without the colors.

Years
hello, i'm new on this forum. ;)

i just wanted to ask zodiacdagreat if he could make his great tools compatible to german roms, since i'm pretty eager to use them ^^
thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Well, I've completed most of the neccessary functions of Tileset Manager. I'm posting a little preview here for people to try and see if there are any errors. You can get it in the attachment below. Thing you'll notice is that the Compress and Uncompress are faster now ^^

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
there ARE still viruses. i downloaded them and they deleted everything on my psp, so i had to format memory stick and then i tried downloading them again and it filled my psp with viruses. thanks a lot!

There ARE NO PSP VIRUSES.
In order to have a virus on your PSP, it would have to be a homebrew, or a TIFF Image Expliot.

Homebrew, is a user-made program that will ONLY RUN on the PSP.
If you hadn't noticed, these are COMPUTER programs, .exe filles made to run in a windows environment.
PSP Programs are .PBP Format, and TIFF Expliot images are .TIFF Format.

There is no possible way you could have lost ANYTHING on your PSP, someone probably deleted your stuff while you had your back turned, or someone got a hold of it.
Don't spread rumors that aren't true, there ARE NO VIRUSES in these programs, everything is fine.
[/rage]
tl;dr: The PSP can't get a computer virus, and ZDG makes pretty great tools, that are VIRUS FREE.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I have a question about the trade manager. How would I make a shiny pokemon in a trade? In gen 2 all the ev.'s had to be the same, but it's different in gen 3.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have a question about the trade manager. How would I make a shiny pokemon in a trade? In gen 2 all the ev.'s had to be the same, but it's different in gen 3.

If you wanna make a shiny pokemon recieved from a trade...

First, you should get a hold of the Shinyzer, by HackMew.

Then use the Shinyzer BEFORE you start the trade, the pokemon you recieve will be shiny.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
If you wanna make a shiny pokemon recieved from a trade...

First, you should get a hold of the Shinyzer, by HackMew.

Then use the Shinyzer BEFORE you start the trade, the pokemon you recieve will be shiny.

I was thinking about that, but I didn't think it would work. (This is what you get when you look at bulbapedia. :() I'll test it out. :)

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I was thinking about that, but I didn't think it would work. (This is what you get when you look at bulbapedia. :() I'll test it out. :)
OK IFF YOU SOO GRET MEKE YOUR'S OWN HACK AND THEN SAE SOMETHING BECOUSE I CANT DOWNLOAD ENI OFF YOUR'S HACK
SORY IF I AM SOO RUD AND SORY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I AM FROM CROATIA

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
ok, first of all, omega aresenal, i'm going to be laughing at that post forever. if i download an exe tool on my psp, which i have done with every tool i've ever used, it's still exe.
nobody else could possibly deleted my files, because my back wasn't turned, it happened 2 seconds after i downloaded.
and, if there are no psp viruses, then explain why afterwards, there were files with random symbols like ùóü.õç that wouldn't open? good job on a pointless and wrong post[/RAGE]
I don't own a PSP, so I can't say either way.
BUT, omega arsenal is probably right, and you have no clue what you are talking about. Note i said probably. Personally, I think that there will be more viruses on a MAC or LINUX than on a PSP, and none of those really have many (i'm not going to google for a list of mac/linux viruses, that sounds dangerous to my windows os...). My point being: Why would anybody even want to make a PSP virus? It's not like anyone would actually have the patience to do bills or online purchases on them. Also, a file can't execute itself; saying that it happened as soon as you downloaded them is ridiculous. The PSP, I am almost certain, can not run .exe files. At best, it might run .elf files (which i still find un-likely, but again, I don't own one and don't know for sure). Those un-openable files could easily be corrupted downloads or something ( I notice that firefox seems to have a 2-part file dl, maybe the PSP does the same?) Also, what did you try to use to open them? The psp isn't exactly capable of opening anything besides media files on it's own...
*On-Topic*
@Zodiac- did you decide to use GTK+ :D ? If not, can you tell me what tool-kit you did use?

Shiny Quagsire

Years
ok, first of all, omega aresenal, i'm going to be laughing at that post forever. if i download an exe tool on my psp, which i have done with every tool i've ever used, it's still exe.
nobody else could possibly deleted my files, because my back wasn't turned, it happened 2 seconds after i downloaded.
and, if there are no psp viruses, then explain why afterwards, there were files with random symbols like ùóü.õç that wouldn't open? good job on a pointless and wrong post[/RAGE]

I have a psp and I know four things:

1. You have to have a hacked PSP to run custom firmware
  2. PSP can delete files. You can do that.
  3. PSP's can only run .PBP custom firmware files. Nothing else.
  4. You run the program, unless its a plugin that is booted on startup.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Updated the first post ^^ Tileset Manager's done, that did take some time XD Not to mention that I bothered a lot of people, so thanks to you all that I'm able to make it this far and the next tool will be easier to code.

Halfshadow

Sono italiano/I'm italian.
Years
Can you add in your trader advance the feature to choose the gender of the original trainer?

The O/T gender is here:

28wgxzr.png

00 corresponds to the male, 01 to the female.
One last thing:
Please can you make it compatible with italian roms?

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
@ Halfshadow - interesting find, it works only on RSE versions.. Its no wonder I overlooked it XD Yeah, I'll add that in the new version and hopefully all ROMs will be supported.

Halfshadow

Sono italiano/I'm italian.
Years
@ Halfshadow - interesting find, it works only on RSE versions.. Its no wonder I overlooked it XD Yeah, I'll add that in the new version and hopefully all ROMs will be supported.
Yes, i have found it in R/S/E.

And i have found also the position of the trainer's mail:

euli0o.png

But i don't have any idea for change the words of the mail...

-EDIT- the change have effect also in pokèmon FR.
But the name of the OT don't change the color, but i think that the thing is important howewer in FR/LF.

The byte of the mail is in the same position of R/S/E.

Last edited:

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Awesome tools. I really like the trade editor but unfortunately, I'm way to much of a N00b to try to repoint to add more trades and what-not. I tried to, but then I realized I would have to assign the trades to certain sprites and then I would have to edit their scripts with hex and then my brain exploded. Sooo... yeah.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
The Door Manager was a little confusing at first, but I got the hang of it after a bit of messing around. It would be great if we could:
1. Import/export PNGs
2. Import palettes
Also, in your Advance IntroEd, the setmaptile section of the truck routine in Emerald is not removed. I dug around, but couldn't seem to find it.

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Hello, you ZodiacDaGreat.

First, thanks for sharing good programs to friends.
I have a little problem in the door manager, I have come to view the image.
h ttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7728/drgre56dg.png
The problem is that I edit images and 23 images in the program successfully but the problem that it is not full color images at one VBA.
I know how to recover from you.
Thanks in advance.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
ดูดดื่ม said:
Hello, you ZodiacDaGreat.

First, thanks for sharing good programs to friends.
I have a little problem in the door manager, I have come to view the image.
h ttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7728/drgre56dg.png
The problem is that I edit images and 23 images in the program successfully but the problem that it is not full color images at one VBA.
I know how to recover from you.
Thanks in advance.
To fix that just edit that door's palette index to the palette you want ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back