• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Note that my RP - War Between Pokemon & Humans can use more members on both sides (human and pokemon). It's progressing great but we can use more people to make it even more interesting :)

Either I'll post it Early july so it has time to develop before the RPAs end, or i'll post it in August for the RPAs in September. I have no idea yet.

Actually, I change my mind. post in July, I might sign up once I get back!

Years
Ummm....no it's not. Where do you use math? Say a Horsea took an electric attack, therefore it loses maybe a quarter of its health. You basically use quarters and halves, no eighths. Knowing some good RP'ers, I can tell it would be a fun time. Well, if anything, we should see how many people are interested. You keep your wins/losses in your siggy. It shouldn't be over complicated into health points.
WHY HELLO THERE! XD You're talking to somebody who participates in ASB on other forums, telling me there's no mathematics involved is like saying that I'm eating a piece of bubblegum when it's actually a lollipop. XP

Since ASB is a lot like competitive gaming, there would have to be an amount of statistics in it. A Horsea may not neccesarily die straight away from an Electric attack, if it's levels are higher and the attack is as weak as a Thundershock or something. Don't forget stats must be taken into account. A Horsea with high defenses can stand a chance against a Pikachu, for example. ;D

Like I said, it would still be very interesting to see how it could work with roleplaying. But I think if we start linking it in sigs, then it should be a forum on its own. :3

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
but then it won't stand a chance in the RPAs July because it has just started! IT's gonna start in AUGUST like my War RP had started in early June.

Yea, well good luck against my RP's I'll be starting in August. *smiles evilly*

Years
WHY HELLO THERE! XD You're talking to somebody who participates in ASB on other forums, telling me there's no mathematics involved is like saying that I'm eating a piece of bubblegum when it's actually a lollipop. XP

Since ASB is a lot like competitive gaming, there would have to be an amount of statistics in it. A Horsea may not neccesarily die straight away from an Electric attack, if it's levels are higher and the attack is as weak as a Thundershock or something. Don't forget stats must be taken into account. A Horsea with high defenses can stand a chance against a Pikachu, for example. ;D

Like I said, it would still be very interesting to see how it could work with roleplaying. But I think if we start linking it in sigs, then it should be a forum on its own. :3

Well, this might not be related but it looks like it so I'll say it anyway; A Pokemon/Super Mario Bros. RP I had plotted up was going to be mostly a Turn-Based Combat RPG. Of course no one signed up for it, but we might use that to see if it's feasible to use ASB.

Years
Well, this might not be related but it looks like it so I'll say it anyway; A Pokemon/Super Mario Bros. RP I had plotted up was going to be mostly a Turn-Based Combat RPG. Of course no one signed up for it, but we might use that to see if it's feasible to use ASB.
The reason why I feel ASB shouldn't be together with the RP forum is that it has not much room for long posts and there'll be one-liners galore. Plus the only roleplaying/writing done is by the referees/GMs/mods etc, which of course, would be boring for the others. That we not likes... :s

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014

Well, if you want to bring statistics into it, of course. But, we could just use base stats. It doesn't have to be incredibly difficult. I mean, a Horsea could have extra defense, you would just have to give it a special ability of sorts. I guess the way I ASB may be different. What website do you use?

On the website I use, PASBL (serebii and UPN) involves a battle with a ref and such. You begin by posting your "squad" of Pokemon, 13 or less for beginners, and start with those. You obviously challenge and accept other challenges. To gain a level, your Pokemon must win a battle yada yada yada. The strange part comes in when you use signature moves and such. You mainly use base stats and abilities and it makes the battles more fun. Most RP'ing comes through the Ref though.

Years
Well, if you want to bring statistics into it, of course. But, we could just use base stats. It doesn't have to be incredibly difficult. I mean, a Horsea could have extra defense, you would just have to give it a special ability of sorts. I guess the way I ASB may be different. What website do you use?

On the website I use, PASBL (serebii and UPN) involves a battle with a ref and such. You begin by posting your "squad" of Pokemon, 13 or less for beginners, and start with those. You obviously challenge and accept other challenges. To gain a level, your Pokemon must win a battle yada yada yada. The strange part comes in when you use signature moves and such. You mainly use base stats and abilities and it makes the battles more fun. Most RP'ing comes through the Ref though.

I'm on PE2K. x3 We don't use levels (which is less complex) and we've freedom to use any moves the Pokemon is able to learn, be it via egg, tutored or TM. Also, remember that statistics have to be in order to calculate critical hits and status conditions i.e. the time taken to wake up from SLP or whether Zap Cannon inflicts etc. :| So technically, we have no choice but to include maths in here.

Yes, and the part about having referees would be quite a hassle, therefore bringing the need for ASB to have a separate forum.

Most RP'ing comes through the Ref though.
That's the point. I don't think many of us here would like to sit around and just read what the ref is gonna post since they don't get a chance to RP. :x

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Yeah, we use the move thing too. We can use any listed. But we have specific attack descriptions and species descriptions so you learn more about what you're up against. For example, a Zap Canon is very slow, therefore increasing the chances of dodging. A Shadow Ball is unstable, so if it collides with something, there will be backlash. A Poliwag secrets oil that makes it hard to hold. As for critical hits, we don't use those. But, if a Poliwag gets hit with a Zap Canon, square on its stomach, it takes more damage. Status Conditions are up to how the ref sees it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
How about TWEWY (The World Ends With You)?

*can't get enough of said soundtrack*

Again, I'm not the one going to make one.
I made a pokemon cross one like two years ago but it didn't get past the first day because of inactivity. Sucks, I had it all planned out too.

SPEAKING OF MY ROLEPLAYS, MY CURRENT ONE THAT'S UP NEEDS A FEW MORE PLAYERS SO IF YOU'D TO SIGN UP, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. CLICK ME FOR THE THREAD!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Who is running the RPA this month?

Ima go ahead and assume Red is, which is why it's starting so late, because that is when she'll be all here... uhm... wait, that didn't come out right... meh, it's one a.m., I don't feel like re-wording it -.-' Ima go die in mah bed now.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Aww, man...I might be gone by the time RHCP is back. Might not be able to cast a vote...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Yes, but I don't even know all of the categories, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back