• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] good tile editor? (allows to edit in game tiles)

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
i need a software that allows me to edit ingame tiles, like the grass texture without needing to extract anything from the game, does anyone know one that works well?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
What do you mean without needing to extract anything from the game?

To edit tiles you must edit two things: a palette and a tileset. You can get each tileset by going into Advancemap and downloading the tileset for whatever maps you desire to edit. To edit a palette, there are a ton of resources.

Here's a tutorial that goes step by step in explaining how to edit tiles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHoJF44NAkM
There are surrounding videos that have details as well... none of the tutorial ones from this guy are long (besides the scripting one) so you can get exactly the details you need in bite-sized portions!

Happy hacking, man!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
If you know the image offsets then NSE is really good but AdvanceMap works just as well for me.

Back